What's new

News of C28A for Algerian Navy: Real-time updates

Only some news said the design team had got a reward for designing it, so I will not translate it.
The team that designed the Algerian landing and logistical support vessel was given high marks and I suspect t was the same team that worked on C28A.

However, what @SU-41 has posted confirmed a rumor I have heard several months ago: This Algerian Navy has chosen Europe radar and electronic system for this ship, as for the specific equipment, I think FREMM built by Italy is a good reference.

The first information regarding to the ship, is that the Chinese will deliver an unarmed vessel that will be fitted in a European country, assumed to be Italy. The only discrepancy is about the gross weight , unconfirmed infos suggested a weight close the 5000 T. We just have to wait an see...We are used to the Algerian military surprises .

Last edited by a moderator:
Please clarify why this is called corvette (heance, c), when it is - apparently - an enlarged F22P (hence 28).

Enlarged?

DSC_0045_zps2ec1300c.jpg

251poster.jpg

Isnt it bigger than 2880 ton C28A...!

It remains only the design, i hope that will be stealth :yahoo:

That means it's new design ???

Any links please

ÐÂÎÅÖÐÐÄÕýÎÄ

Of course it is stealthy. And it should be new design, because the news I have refered to on the top floor have mentioned that it will use side exhaust which no other Chinese frigate has used. Moreover, this also means it may do not have funnel which can reduce infrared signature and increase stealthy. This also makes me do not believe that it is an enlarged version of F22P as Wiki said.

The team that designed the Algerian landing and logistical support vessel was given high marks and I suspect t was the same team that worked on C28A.

The first information regarding to the ship, is that the Chinese will deliver an unarmed vessel that will be fitted in a European country, assumed to be Italy. The only discrepancy is about the gross weight , unconfirmed infos suggested a weight close the 5000 T. We just have to wait an see...We are used to the Algerian military surprises .

A weight close to 5000 T is impossible. DWT 2880T is not full loaded, and full load should be 3000T to 4000T. If you are correct then the ship will use Oto 76mm gun, while what is not for sure is whether it will be installed with Sylver VLS.

Enlarged?

DSC_0045_zps2ec1300c.jpg

251poster.jpg

Isnt it bigger than 2880 ton C28A...!

2980T for F22P is full load, for DWT, it is only about 2200T.

A weight close to 5000 T is impossible. DWT 2880T is not full loaded, and full load should be 3000T to 4000T. If you are correct then the ship will use Oto 76mm gun, while what is not for sure is whether it will be installed with Sylver VLS.

2980T for F22P is full load, for DWT, it is only about 2200T.

Thesee brochures are from Karachi shipyard... full displacement = 3144 tons ....

Thesee brochures are from Karachi shipyard... full displacement = 3144 tons ....
Both of F22P and C28A are designed and made by Hudong Zhonghua shipyard, so according to their naming rule, it is impossible for F22P larger than C28A, and the number in the middle means normal displacement of the ship.

Both of F22P and C28A are designed and made by Hudong Zhonghua shipyard, so according to their naming rule, it is impossible for F22P larger than C28A, and the number in the middle means normal displacement of the ship.

I just presented you the official info abt the ones produced by Karachi Shipyard under ToT from China.

Of course it is stealthy. And it should be new design, because the news I have refered to on the top floor have mentioned that it will use side exhaust which no other Chinese frigate has used. Moreover, this also means it may do not have funnel which can reduce infrared signature and increase stealthy. This also makes me do not believe that it is an enlarged version of F22P as Wiki said.

can you translate the link from chinese to english ?

can you translate the link from chinese to english ?

上半年,公司上下统一思想、凝聚合力,围绕45000吨集装箱滚装船、38000吨化学品船、20000吨重吊船、APLNG项目、C28A项目开展生产技术准备工作,取得了一定成效。
The company have finished the production technology preparation for C28A in the first half of the year.

设计一所C28A项目设计团队、设计二所船体结构室、配套部设备室获得竞赛优秀团队称号,100名员工获得竞赛先进个人称号。
The C28A design team in No.1 Designing Institue is awarded as Excellent Team.

I think the F-22P Block-IIs will be a bit larger and also fitted with a lot of VLS missiles like Anti-aircraft and Anti-Ship missiles. Its being considered that PN will going to procure 7 of these till 2020. :pakistan:

You meaning 7 new one or only 3 new would be added with 4 previous would make it 7 ?

7 New ones will be added and older 6 Type-21s will be replaced...

Sir what I am saying is Pakistan has already 4 F22 Frigates which it recently from China are you saying 7 more F22 or better version of this would be added in Pakistan Navy

Back
Top Bottom