What's new

News from Bangladesh-Updates and Discussion

That is the framework under which Bangladesh intelligence (DGFI, NSI, RAB etc), defense forces and defense policy will be controlled by India. “South Asian Taskforce” is just ambiguity skin that will be created to establish indian control over other weaker states in south Asia. Policy dictate will come from Delhi offcourse in name of cooperation Awami league govt will sell out vital element of our independence.

I do not think Pakistan will participate in such indian scheme.

In first press conf Hasina gave, one Chinese journalist asked about what would Hasina govt do to deep cooperation set by pervious govt. She was visibly uneasy and did not answer the question. This should provide clue where she is going to take us.

I agree it's India's plan to dominate and it's a cover to let Indian jawans walk freely on Muslim Bengal's territory. I know the Bangladeshis will not accept this, and they will attack Indian task force if they step on Bangladeshi lands.

Well, after going through the latest posts, I am unsure where this disucussion is heading to. Anyways as I would like to come back to the original topic.. find my following observation

1) Bangladesh started a new begining as all the political parties in this election tried to focus on future, not the past gibberish. I believe AL was the champion in it and they could sell that to the country men.

2) AL success was also due to the fact that they were for change and were willing to or proactive in reform. Caretaker govt at least could establish that the reform is needed even though minus 2 did not fly.

3) BNP's reluctance in election and in reform was the main reason of their landslide defeat.

4) BNP looks more obolete than anytime before. Their total leadership is in collapse. BNP also lost its popular support among young and women voters.

5) BNP also failed to unite the party and all the left leaning politicians are now out of power sphere which made them vulnerable and made them more stereotyped.

6) Jamaat did not loose any support but BNP lost support due to the war criminal issues among young voters.

7) AL could have gained same result even without JP as it seemed that the strenght of Boat was so strong which swept even others like LDP, JP(where seats were open) and BNP reformist. Nobody could even put up a fight.

8) This election also strengthen the power grip of two families (zia/mujib). We could not get out of this vicious circle.

9) Just a thought, what if JP and few leftist and independent decide to form a coalition and go for Opposition. Which will choke the chicken from the neck for BNP. Any possibility???

10) JP gained their ground after a long long decay. Its was JP's finest decission to form the alliance with AL.

11) There already a vacume created for a third center right political party in Bangladesh to substitute BNP. This is a long due as BNP failed miserably...

Please shed some of your thoughts on my above observation.

I have the same view as you.
If we compare the BNP and AL candidates then we can see AL gave chance to many new faces whereas BNP was with the same old ones many of whom are charged for corruption.
If BNP would go to election alone,then they would have gotten more seats.Because people now understand what Jamat is.Jamat is a fraud party who asks for vote to people in the name of Islam.
There were internal conflict between Jamat and BNP in places like Rajshahi,which was Jamat stronghold.Because of these internal conflicts,AL could take the opportunity.
BNP was not organized.I saw more possessions of AL supporters before the election than BNP.
BNP did not do much reform in terms of selecting the nominees but AL did some with grassroot leaders.
The first time voters mostly rejected BNP because its involvement with Jamat,the anti-liberation forces.
And last,Khaleda Zia lost because of her sons.Many senior leaders inside BNP didn't like them because of the unimaginable scale of corruption her sons committed.So the unity between BNP was never there.

Celebrating win in AWAMY style,

AMAR DESH PUBLICATIONS

Enjoy my Bdeshi brothers. Mo Fos of RAWAMY LEAGUERS hasn't spared a day to terrorize the whole country. Conscious people, who has seen them for over 50 years are starting to have BONE CHEALING/SHIBERING through their spines.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just fell off my chair .....cant stop laughing ........hahahahahha:lol:

So we have a non resident Bangladeshi who is giving us a link..from where??AMAR DESH.....hahahaha

Amar desh's owner is Mr.Falu,who is in jail for corruption.
Noya digonto is a Jamat mouthpiece.

These two statements are enough to make a fool understand.

I have a question for you Mr.SAINT.
You talk of irregularities in the election.Were you present in Bangladesh at that time???

We were present and we saw how strict the whole process were.Everyone were identified by matching their photos with pictured voter list and then allowed to vote.I saw a polling officer being removed from the booth because he wasn't checking and a gentleman complained about this to an official.

BNP talk about irregularities in 72 seats out of 299 and 220 centres out of 36000!!!

even if BNP won all these 72 seats they would still be in opposition.

Now all these stupid claims are what you call,"NAACHTE NA JANLE UTHAN BAKA"

"GRAPE IS SOUR"

The AL brutalities and attacks are appearing in most all newspapers. This should not be a laughing matter. If this is how AL intends to carry on then we have a dark 5 years ahead of us. Those who lived between 1972-1975 know exactly what I am talking about. I hope AL does not make the same mistake thinking that a two-thirds majority is a license to torture and kill.

About the beating up of BNP people,Sheikh Hasina should stop her party members to refrain form such things.Because if she can't control her own party members what how will she control the countr.

The AL brutalities and attacks are appearing in most all newspapers. This should not be a laughing matter. If this is how AL intends to carry on then we have a dark 5 years ahead of us. Those who lived between 1972-1975 know exactly what I am talking about. I hope AL does not make the same mistake thinking that a two-thirds majority is a license to torture and kill.

Laughing matter is the source he is presenting.All are of BNP-Jamat.He could have mentioned other sources as well that would make his point clear.

Laughing matter is the source he is presenting.All are of BNP-Jamat.He could have mentioned other sources as well that would make his point clear.

Ok I get your point. Thnx.

Nevertheless this increase in violence is a worrying trend and we should not dismiss its meaning as we know the past history of the party.

Ok I get your point. Thnx.

Nevertheless this increase in violence is a worrying trend and we should not dismiss its meaning as we know the past history of the party.

Yes,these violence are a vicious trend in BD political culture and Sheikh Hasina must act swiftly,because people are watching her more closely than ever.

She said in the conference that she might take a minister from the opposition??What's your view on that??

She said in the conference that she might take a minister from the opposition??What's your view on that??

It would be a good thing (but is the opposition JP or BNP? If JP it would not be a bid deal) but I doubt she will find a place. She needs to accommodate her supporters first and there will be huge pressure on her to facilitate and promote her party people. Lets see what happens.

Pity my Bro...
When these Defence equipments are bought they are usually for a period of time and within which the supplier provides everything and Govt. pays the suppliers during this time,in case you don't know.

The first batch of 8 migs were brought at 1999 and second were scheduled for 2001.In between there was a change of govt. and the duty fell on BNP govt. to pay the rest of the money.
BNP stopped paying Russia when they found some equipments were undergraded,which is good for BNP's part.But again started paying them after discussions between both parties.

you see when the F-7 BGs were flying from China to BD,they were not carrying any missiles but eventually they got their missiles.

Now one thing I forgot to mention,The best frigate in BD navy was brought during AL period.This frigate type is said to the most modern frigate of its class in the region according to the Bangladesh Navy.Now it is commissioned as BNS Khalid Bin Walid.

In 1994-95, the then government, in principal, decided to purchase a naval frigate for Bangladesh Navy, but it did not mature due to indecision. In the following year (1995-96), a decision was taken. According to schedule, the frigate was to be received on June 18, 2001.The frigate was first commissioned on June 20 in 2001 as BNS Bangabandhu in Bangladesh Navy.

May be BNP purchased in quantity,16 F-7s compared to 8 migs,but look at the quality.

If AL had not bought anything during their tenure then you could have said AL does not want strong army.But they did buy things,so we can't blame them.

After lots of twisting and wasting time you admit that when Awami went with order where they did not order armaments in the fighter package. When the package arrives that is different matter. That is the distinction people have to realize.

Now bottom line is:

If Awami league truly believe and recognize that they have backing of overwhelming majority then Awami league will reject indian hegemony and bully. Awami league will pursue people’s interest with and for sovereign cause and effect as people are source of their power NOT India. And all most all Bangladeshis (except a very very small section) don't want indian interferance, bully and agenda.

But if Awami league believe and rely on Indo-US nexus to be source of their power and do not trust election result to be real then they will embark on with indian hegemonic agenda and interest. Like South Asian Taskforce, Transit, Transshipment, accepting indian equal distance formula for water boundary, secular BS etc.

With go ahead from Hasina on “South Asian Taskforce”, it points that for its source of power, Awami league trust on indo-US nexus than people. Rest will unfold soon…….

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just fell off my chair .....cant stop laughing ........hahahahahha:lol:

So we have a non resident Bangladeshi who is giving us a link..from where??AMAR DESH.....hahahaha

Amar desh's owner is Mr.Falu,who is in jail for corruption.
Noya digonto is a Jamat mouthpiece.

I wasn't in BD but were you? What was your name in voter ID, where were you located and and in which polling station did you vote?

For your info. Amardesh owner wasn't in jail anymore, who ironically was picked by MUA, DGFI gangs during EMERGENCY SMOKE. Now, let me be clear, if you think that by lying with venegence and deceiving with PHONY BD MIL'S teeth, you can second ASHIQUE then you have to be smarter then this BROTHER.. Because I know very well how to be Imandar and crash bastardous threat of PEPS QUAKE like DGFI.

These two statements are enough to make a fool understand.

I have a question for you Mr.SAINT.
You talk of irregularities in the election.Were you present in Bangladesh at that time???

We were present and we saw how strict the whole process were.Everyone were identified by matching their photos with pictured voter list and then allowed to vote.I saw a polling officer being removed from the booth because he wasn't checking and a gentleman complained about this to an official.

BNP talk about irregularities in 72 seats out of 299 and 220 centres out of 36000!!!

even if BNP won all these 72 seats they would still be in opposition.
Even you were present bodily since 0CT. 28th 2006, but your heart and mind were absent from the whole SAGA/LEGACY of electioneering, paradigm shifting efforts; You wouldn't realize the whole scheme of things. BNP's allegation for 72 seats was meant only for the election day ieering but the entire electoral process was hijacked two years ago. I could go on and on to repeat as I did it in different forums but hardly that would change some one because Allah in Quoran clearly stated that

Summon Bookmun Yomun Faa Hum La YarJioon !

Now all these stupid claims are what you call,"NAACHTE NA JANLE UTHAN BAKA"

And Naste Na Janle Othan Baka jamon Thik abar Baka Othane Paka Nasne Wali O pore Jay Thik ! So, who prepared the Othan needed to looked at by you before throwing buffonaries at me.

"GRAPE IS SOUR"
Grapes aren't scarce where I live and some of them are really sour, especillay if they look hybrid, shallowist and sleazy.

Last edited:
It would be a good thing (but is the opposition JP or BNP? If JP it would not be a bid deal) but I doubt she will find a place. She needs to accommodate her supporters first and there will be huge pressure on her to facilitate and promote her party people. Lets see what happens.

I think BNP should not join government rather they should press hard to get as many participation as possible in Parliamentary Standing comittee. Thats the best platform for them to serve the nation as of current situation.

Last edited:

I completely agree... This time peoples' mandate was for change and not for Boat. AL seriously needs to understand that.

The people also voted for the pledges and promises made by AL and if they do not deliver there could be a backlash. People are hungry, desperate and frustrated. A very bad combination. AL better wake up fast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom