What's new

New York Times: How China is Changing Your Internet

Been telling folks for a while that Chinese can be quite as good at innovating as they are at copying.

Question is, will China ever go the Singapore route and accept and practice intellectual property rights?

Been telling folks for a while that Chinese can be quite as good at innovating as they are at copying.

Question is, will China ever go the Singapore route and accept and practice intellectual property rights?

I have witnessed the change of social sentiment towards IP. In the 2000's, you could buy copies of Hollywood blockbusters in just about every street corner. I did not see any when I visited Chinese cities last year. As disposable income increasing, people don't buy those bootlegged LV, Chanel, Burberry, CD, etc anymore. It will take some time for people to realize the importance of IP protection, especially in a developing country as big as China.

I have witnessed the change of social sentiment towards IP. In the 2000's, you could buy copies of Hollywood blockbusters in just about every street corner. I did not see any when I visited Chinese cities last year. As disposable income increasing, people don't buy those bootlegged LV, Chanel, Burberry, CD, etc anymore. It will take some time for people to realize the importance of IP protection, especially in a developing country as big as China.
Why buy the low quality DVD when you can get the better one from the net and if you like achieve them on an external hard which take far less space

Back
Top Bottom