What's new

New pics of IAF SU30MKIs heading towards Red Flags 2008 Exercise

Whe fighting 2 v a lot is it true that the few basic rules are that you have to stay one side of the entire battle. So either you are on top, below, left or right. You never mix it up. Correct?

Munir I am sorry I forgot to answer you question, Its not a simple yes or no so I am working on it. Its pretty detailed including a few dogfights we had in 71 as examples. It will be very interesting.

Whe fighting 2 v a lot is it true that the few basic rules are that you have to stay one side of the entire battle. So either you are on top, below, left or right. You never mix it up. Correct?

Munir I am sorry I forgot to answer you question, Its not a simple yes or no so I am working on it. Its pretty detailed including a few dogfights we had in 71 as examples. It will be very interesting.

Sir, send Munir P.M. don't ¨publicize your expertise for free!

I had some friends telling me a lot but with BVR and WVR these days I miss a lo and info is a lot more difficult to get. Yeah I am older then most people think. Do remind that I did sit (never flown) F16 in the 80's... I did try to do 1v1 last time but I tell ya a sailplane with underpowered engine isn't that cool. The following or SA was not a big deal. You have it or you will have t forget it. I liked the first time to feel the impact of different speed and direction... Wow, that is totally awesome if you done only simwork... Looking forward for some info from super senior mr Murad.

Back in the past the six position was the only way. Now with WVR, HMS the tactics are not that easy to guess...

because I was trained by RPAF officer and PAF officer who flew in USA I got best of the both. Munir If you ask any senior PAF officer or Retired 65 , 71 vet he will tell you that I always did things which were deemded impossible that is why my whole course except one died in Combat. Attacking the Indians inside LOC 40 ft above the ground at 500knt that way the plane used to pass the soilders first than the voise by the time they knew we were 10 to 15 miles away and it would be hard for them to tell the guys at the back whats comming because we used to change directions after every 2:45 sec that would keep them confused the radar doesn't see us and just pull up over there base a few seconds from 3 directions this way the AAGs wouldn't get a chance it was more like aerobatics everything with time and precision.
I can somethimes close my eyes and feel that rush 40 ft over the ground and fast. Its addictive.
remember I almost got court M because I went 20 feet over sargodha and the villagers came to beat the pilot flying F-86 at over there village because there cows stopped giving milk.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
IAF used Russian Doctrine and that was impressive as well they are told to attack from the top, We on the other hand in those days were taught attack from under why the hunter and specially Gnat used to pick up speeds which were than hard to controll if he got a shot he got you if he missed than you turn by the time he is closing down to get behind you , The pipper is on him, If the pilot is good and turns quickly than you who are going up go towards the sun and let your wing man take him out or go for the nearest cloud if any. IAF pilot knew that Gnat thrust to power ratio was higher than the saber so he would get next to you and wait who stalls first he is dead , I have never seen a Gnat stall in a dogfight on the other hand the F-86E we had were very under powered compared to Gnat. IAF used to wait that the pilot goes into a stall and by the time he is recovering he took you out. A lot of you old guys if you were in lahore saw me over Badshahi Masjad doing a dog fight with a Gnat and a hunter, From what I gather the Hunter went winchester and he thought that why not just bump into this saber on the other side Gnat was wing to wing with me so I stall. I knew that my saber would go in a stall so I just thought a move my IP tought me he said it might save you or it might kill you so only used it when you know you are about to get hit. ( Trade Secret) . Well you saw the hunter going down. People of lahore ( Lahore is lahore) they were so happy to see the hunter going down that night 2FF at loc got 200 Dages of Pulaoo.

IAF used Russian Doctrine and that was impressive as well they are told to attack from the top, We on the other hand in those days were taught attack from under why the hunter and specially Gnat used to pick up speeds which were than hard to controll if he got a shot he got you if he missed than you turn by the time he is closing down to get behind you , The pipper is on him, If the pilot is good and turns quickly than you who are going up go towards the sun and let your wing man take him out or go for the nearest cloud if any. IAF pilot knew that Gnat thrust to power ratio was higher than the saber so he would get next to you and wait who stalls first he is dead , I have never seen a Gnat stall in a dogfight on the other hand the F-86E we had were very under powered compared to Gnat. IAF used to wait that the pilot goes into a stall and by the time he is recovering he took you out. A lot of you old guys if you were in lahore saw me over Badshahi Masjad doing a dog fight with a Gnat and a hunter, From what I gather the Hunter went winchester and he thought that why not just bump into this saber on the other side Gnat was wing to wing with me so I stall. I knew that my saber would go in a stall so I just thought a move my IP tought me he said it might save you or it might kill you so only used it when you know you are about to get hit. ( Trade Secret) . Well you saw the hunter going down. People of lahore ( Lahore is lahore) they were so happy to see the hunter going down that night 2FF at loc got 200 Dages of Pulaoo.

Which war is this? why were Gnats and Hunters flying together - i thought they operated by themselfs. Myabe the hunter dived and got away?

Which war is this? why were Gnats and Hunters flying together - i thought they operated by themselfs. Myabe the hunter dived and got away?

I dont know 2008 may be? the Hunter did divide you bet.

Last edited:
chindit :please before you post another thread go to the intro section and properly introduce your self.. So we all know who you are.

Back
Top Bottom