What's new

Natural resources of Pakistan

longbrained

Reaction score
Pakistan has been gifted with large amount of natural resources from fertile land to large amount of mineral deposits to a large pool of human resources. Some conservative estimates put Pakistan's mineral resources at above 7 trillion dollars while there are estimates of even larger deposits yet not discovered due to no geological surveys ever having been done in most of Pakistan and the surveys which are done are all mostly unreliable since the foreign companies doing those surveys always under-report the values in order to be able to buy the mines cheaper from national government.

While many countries in the world use the mineral resources to create a welfare state with high quality of life, such a thing has not happened in Pakistan, where most people even do not know the meaning of a welfare state.

Here are some of these wealth which is just sitting there and while Pakistanis like to portray themselves as poor, but are we really poor:

Last edited by a moderator:
well, the gold deposits at reko diq are very large, but the coal is of substandard quality, alot of pollution, but it is in alot of quantity.

There are mostly unsubstantiated hyperbolic claims in reality.

Not at all. Rico deq was actually surveyed by an Australian company which estimate to have over 250 billion dollars worth of copper and gold. The only hyperbolic thing here is you trying to belittle Pakistan.

In 80's i used to hear when the sainak project will start production it will change blochies and pakistan , i now hear it there will be nothing to mine there in some years

Till these corrupt rulers r here let that treasure ( if any ) under there safely. for our next generations

TARIQ

In 80's i used to hear when the sainak project will start production it will change blochies and pakistan , i now hear it there will be nothing to mine there in some years

Till these corrupt rulers r here let that treasure ( if any ) under there safely. for our next generations

TARIQ

But now these treasures are known. And the corrupt leaders are already in negotiation to sell them off. And there are even political and terrorist movements in country that want to even break up Pakistan. So people should know what belongs to them and it is their right to use it.

Not at all. Rico deq was actually surveyed by an Australian company which estimate to have over 250 billion dollars worth of copper and gold. The only hyperbolic thing here is you trying to belittle Pakistan.

I am not belittling anything or anybody, merely stating facts.

It takes much more than a survey to realize the potential of mineral wealth. The mere promise is not a result.

My point still stands.

I am not belittling anything or anybody, merely stating facts.

It takes much more than a survey to realize the potential of mineral wealth. The mere promise is not a result.

My point still stands.

You exactly did that. Belittling Pakistan. Now you have changed your statement. First you say, the minerals are not big enough. Now you say, we can not do it. You sound more like an executive of a foreign mineral company talking down to Pakistanis. First understate the total value of mine then now say, you can not do it on your own, be a slave to foreign multinational companies. Survey is not a promise note. It is an engineering document prepared after extensive tests which shows exactly how much of what is in the ground.

You exactly did that. Belittling Pakistan. Now you have changed your statement. First you say, the minerals are not big enough. Now you say, we can not do it. You sound more like an executive of a foreign mineral company talking down to Pakistanis. First understate the total value of mine then now say, you can not do it on your own, be a slave to foreign multinational companies. Survey is not a promise note. It is an engineering document prepared after extensive tests which shows exactly how much of what is in the ground.

No, I did not change my statement:

Your original post shows mostly unsubstantiated hyperbolic claims in reality.

The surveyed resources are not "big enough" as claimed by the links posted. There are some mineral and coal deposits of varying quality, and the proper and beneficial development and utilization of even those resources is beyond the governance and technical and financial capabilities of Pakistan at present.

Like it or not, but that is the correct situation.

The link I have put up there says clearly trillions of dollars. Maybe it is time for you to go to an ophthalmologist and have your eyes checked. And Pakistani experts as said in video put the value of Pakistan's coal at over 25 trillion. Your denial will not change anything. You want to belittle Pakistanis by keeping them poor and without any self confidence. That is the hall mark of colonialist attitude. You are talking here like "them" and not like "us". Are you "them"?

The link I have put up there says clearly trillions of dollars. .............And Pakistani experts as said in video put the value of Pakistan's coal at over 25 trillion. .................

Both of these claims are simply WRONG.

Who feeds you guys this garbage.:confused:

111812new_fossil_fuel_reserves.jpg

coal reserves, coal exploration - World Coal Association

Both of these claims are simply WRONG.

Provide proof or concede that you lied from the beginning of this thread. Provide proof and evidence and citation for your statement that Pakistan's reserves do not exist and are only fantasies of geologists and mining engineers.

Lets just take only two items here to prove you wrong Vcheng:

Thar coal: 185 billion tonnes; worth 25 trillion dollars Pakistan: poor economy, rich country – The Express Tribune

RicoDeq: Copper + Gold + Rare earth metals; Worth upwards of 500 billion dollars Reko Diq: Pakistan risks squandering billions in questionable deal – The Express Tribune

What US has? Hmmm? Debt and debt and debt.

Now read this:

Reko Diq Mystery: Why Americans are after Balochistan? - World Politics - Zimbio

Pakistan has a large amount of natural resources of varying types and quality..
Not all are top notch but almost all can be utilized.. depending on whether using those resources will be profitable or not.
But, as VCheng quite correctly pointed out.. who in this country knows how to use the resources in their head completely.. let alone those residing deep within the ground.

Back
Top Bottom