What's new

Name in Waiting List in NESCOM

AOA,

I'm also applied in same batch as a Asst Manager IT (SPS 08) and have done with security clearance, now waiting for appointment letter and medical form soon. Now I've few question
1- I already has a well set Job in private sector as a lead of application development department. Should I consider Nescom over it?
2- Is there any restriction to not to leave Nescom (MTA) after join?
3- Is anyone can tell me the inside story about nescom job like restrictions policies etc?
4- What benefits will I be getting on SPS 08?
5- What kind of personal barrier I'll have to face? Mean how much my personal and social life will effect?

I'll really appreciate you guys response in this regard.

AOA,

I'm also applied in same batch as a Asst Manager IT (SPS 08) and have done with security clearance, now waiting for appointment letter and medical form soon. Now I've few question
1- I already has a well set Job in private sector as a lead of application development department. Should I consider Nescom over it?
2- Is there any restriction to not to leave Nescom (MTA) after join?
3- Is anyone can tell me the inside story about nescom job like restrictions policies etc?
4- What benefits will I be getting on SPS 08?
5- What kind of personal barrier I'll have to face? Mean how much my personal and social life will effect?

I'll really appreciate you guys response in this regard.

1. NO.There is very little in terms of job satisfaction, you will be frustrated with stuffed chair mentality(unless you like that) and will be sent to remote places where there are no humans in sight(unless you like that). Your ideas will be ignored usually and actual work will be disregarded in preference to you having prepared nice looking files with exact bureaucratic stamps and everything.

2. You cannot leave it for two years at which point even when you want to leave it, it will be hell on earth with the clearances needed.

3. No Usbs, No telephones in office.. only calls can be made by landline. You will be monitored, you will get calls by unknown numbers if you go out with friends too much. You will be sent to odd places at odd times,

4. You will be promised foreign training trips and all that but these dont happen unless you have been there for over five years.
Typical government benefits:, the only thing you get out of it is that your Pay will be 45k initially for three months and then 50k(you will be given 15k after the probation period) and that you will get pick and drop facility. Timings are the only other benifit that you will have since Nescom will let you go home after 3.. no..they will SEND you home after three even if you have a little work left to cover and dont want to leave it for tomorrow.. NO.. you will be sent home.

5. Even if you stick around, your social life will end up revolving around Nescom.. Tea and Cigarettes. You may find new friends in Nescom but be prepared to meet mostly "lakir ka Faqir" types. If you are like that, love to not rock the boat.. just do only what you are told and keep quiet to get your easy but mostly steady paycheck..then this job is for you.
Otherwise.. RUN!!

Haha, that was a bang on the buck explanation of 'sarkari karwayi' Oscar!!!:tup:

Rigid, lakeer ka fakeer, and dull routine is something you get to see/hear/experience/observe during 'sarkari karwayi'.

@Oscar

Look at bright side.... Mundey with sarkari nokri score nice chicks in arrange marriage .... And restriction you are mentioning there is no chance he is having love marriage :D

Last edited by a moderator:
1. NO.There is very little in terms of job satisfaction, you will be frustrated with stuffed chair mentality(unless you like that) and will be sent to remote places where there are no humans in sight(unless you like that). Your ideas will be ignored usually and actual work will be disregarded in preference to you having prepared nice looking files with exact bureaucratic stamps and everything.

2. You cannot leave it for two years at which point even when you want to leave it, it will be hell on earth with the clearances needed.

3. No Usbs, No telephones in office.. only calls can be made by landline. You will be monitored, you will get calls by unknown numbers if you go out with friends too much. You will be sent to odd places at odd times,

4. You will be promised foreign training trips and all that but these dont happen unless you have been there for over five years.
Typical government benefits:, the only thing you get out of it is that your Pay will be 45k initially for three months and then 50k(you will be given 15k after the probation period) and that you will get pick and drop facility. Timings are the only other benifit that you will have since Nescom will let you go home after 3.. no..they will SEND you home after three even if you have a little work left to cover and dont want to leave it for tomorrow.. NO.. you will be sent home.

5. Even if you stick around, your social life will end up revolving around Nescom.. Tea and Cigarettes. You may find new friends in Nescom but be prepared to meet mostly "lakir ka Faqir" types. If you are like that, love to not rock the boat.. just do only what you are told and keep quiet to get your easy but mostly steady paycheck..then this job is for you.
Otherwise.. RUN!!

Thanks for your such DETAILED explanation :). Honestly what I got from your comments is nothing but "RUN" :).
Anyways I'm still confuse if this is actual inside story then why people dying to join NESCOM, MTA, KRL etc? And how come you know that much detail, were you been a part of this organization?
One last question! would there be a possibility that I could continue my current job (in spare hours, remotely from home) after joining NESCOM / MTA?
And what you rate H1 over Nescom?

Thanks for your such DETAILED explanation :). Honestly what I got from your comments is nothing but "RUN" :).
Anyways I'm still confuse if this is actual inside story then why people dying to join NESCOM, MTA, KRL etc? And how come you know that much detail, were you been a part of this organization?
One last question! would there be a possibility that I could continue my current job (in spare hours, remotely from home) after joining NESCOM / MTA?
And what you rate H1 over Nescom?

Most people who are dying to be in such a place are generally hyped up on patriotism or they find the pay structure attractive and the saving you make on a sarkari job.
Like I said, if you are a regular joe who wants a steady pay and is willing to be "yessir" "Nosir" without question all the time.. is not committed to any girl(or cares for it).. and is okay with an all male office where you may have the most lewd of fantasies discussed over tea and cigarettes.. and like the idea of bragging about working for Pakistan's security apparatus while all you do is fit CCTV camera's and Alarm systems.. this job is for you.
You can kiss any dreams of working re-joining your current jobs goodbye when you get into the sphere of SPD.(AM's will not be in NESCOM.. your office is elsewhere)

It not all that bad.. 50K pay.. 8-3 working hours.. pick and drop.. various benefits if you do get married off by your parents..and maybe after 5 years or so some trips to europe and stuff.
But this is not for "azad panchis".. people who actually wish to accomplish something and be recognized for it.. STAY AWAY.

@Oscar

Look at bright side.... Mundey with sarkari nokri score nice chicks in arrange marriage .... And restriction you are mentioning there is no chance he is having love marriage :D

Well I'm not interested in this "bright" side anymore :) Alhamdulillah married and has a little cute daughter. And more importantly it was arranged haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again.
Yes I know this is not NESCOM this will be MTA (Maritime Agency) and posting will be in Karachi (I asked this in interview already). And I've applied for AM IT (information Technology) so why am I be fitting CCTV cameras and alarm system? My domain of experties is programming, and managing IT team. And this is what I showed in all of my document even my interview was related to programming and IT related questions.
If I'll have to do network administration and hardware troubleshooting then yes "STAY AWAY" would be better option.
I'm a married guy from Hyderabad and will have to relocate, so will I be able to get hostile facility or house hire immediately ? And why cant I do remote Job from home in off hours? Is there any restriction for this as well?

AOA,

1) Both things have pros and cons .....A private sector job will definitely take you very far in future your learning curve will be very high there and work shall be of your interest...... In any government sector organisation as I have heard, work is there, but it is much slower pace than private sector and chances of growth and learning curve are not that high........You should join government organisations if you want relax in life.....However if you want to lead an active life you should definitely choose private sector over government sector.....

2) I have heard that unless you are a fellow there are no restrictions to leave nescom.....However the time it will take will depend on your department and how long it takes to accept your resignation...... Usually it can take upto 2 to 3 months.....

3) From what I know there are many, many restrictions and policies that get enforced when you enter these defence government organizations. I have heard there are restrictions even if you want to study in the evening after office hours at your own expense.

4) in SPS-8 the pay I think shall be good....You will get pick and drop etc...

5) You personal life and social life will be affected in a way that the security people will constantly keep an eye on you because according to them you will be the custodian of many, many important "National Secrets" even if you don't know anything or don't do anything in your office....

As for your second question...There are different reasons for people wanting to join government jobs.....Mostly I think has became a mentality in our society that we want to have something without doing anything......A person is successful in our society if he has a job in which he does absolutely nothing .........As for continuing your current job from NESCOM...... you can try......but I don't know how much time your currrent job can allow and how much time you can give....since private organizations work on projects with strict deadlines.......Your concentration will be divided.....Furthermore, you will also have to get permission from your government office as to what you are doing....... in case you get caught doing it illegally, strict disciplinary action can be taken against you.....

Thanks again.
Yes I know this is not NESCOM this will be MTA (Maritime Agency) and posting will be in Karachi (I asked this in interview already). And I've applied for AM IT (information Technology) so why am I be fitting CCTV cameras and alarm system? My domain of experties is programming, and managing IT team. And this is what I showed in all of my document even my interview was related to programming and IT related questions.
If I'll have to do network administration and hardware troubleshooting then yes "STAY AWAY" would be better option.
I'm a married guy from Hyderabad and will have to relocate, so will I be able to get hostile facility or house hire immediately ? And why cant I do remote Job from home in off hours? Is there any restriction for this as well?

Your qualifications will be considered.. but done expect to be doing work like that..
It may be that in Karachi you may have a chance to do some programming, but dont expect anything cutting edge or otherwise.
Also.. AM's are sort of general purpose.. so you will be given training on being GD engineers.
so you MAY HAVE TO DO A LOT.. A LOT .. of Testing and Maintenance tasks.. button pushing.

And NO, Hostel Hire and facility may not be immediately available.. and while there is married allowance.. its petty compared to the costs you will have to bear.. You cannot do your remote job because you CANNOT take your work home.
Maybe .. just maybe MTA has different rules.. but its rare.
NO USB's..the office network has no connection to the internet..

Trust me, If you are the sort that has no actual preference over the sort of work you would be doing.. No actual want to complete given work or care for offering suggestions for improvement.. enjoy filling out bureaucratic paperwork and running around to get signatures.. and are okay with being subservient.. this is for you.
There are plus points to your situation, once after the probation period you are fairly permanent...it wont be easy to let you go at all.. unless you resign(only after two years).. or commit treason(will be shot dead)...
your family will be taken care of as such.. discounts at stores..some immunity from police(one call and the men in white will be there to get you out of most situations where you are being victimized or want to play victim)...
There will be travelling later and all the "extra allowance" that comes with it..
plots also come in at a later stage.. and generally.. two or three years down the line.. you may live fairly comfortably.
But there is little in terms of job satisfaction, or freedom.. or anything that people other than "yes men" would like to have.

So its a trade off situation for you..
If you are okay with doing network administration or helping a Navy Captain use excel..or fixing his network connection.. as long as you get paid Ok enough and are generally secure with family.. this is for you.

Otherwise.. the private sector is best.. its a struggle.. the pays are crap.. but if you can work it off(work off two jobs.. or get free lance coding work..which for a friend of mine lands him $1200 a month).. you may end up with a more satisfying job than this one.

Your qualifications will be considered.. but done expect to be doing work like that..
It may be that in Karachi you may have a chance to do some programming, but dont expect anything cutting edge or otherwise.
Also.. AM's are sort of general purpose.. so you will be given training on being GD engineers.
so you MAY HAVE TO DO A LOT.. A LOT .. of Testing and Maintenance tasks.. button pushing.

And NO, Hostel Hire and facility may not be immediately available.. and while there is married allowance.. its petty compared to the costs you will have to bear.. You cannot do your remote job because you CANNOT take your work home.
Maybe .. just maybe MTA has different rules.. but its rare.
NO USB's..the office network has no connection to the internet..

Trust me, If you are the sort that has no actual preference over the sort of work you would be doing.. No actual want to complete given work or care for offering suggestions for improvement.. enjoy filling out bureaucratic paperwork and running around to get signatures.. and are okay with being subservient.. this is for you.
There are plus points to your situation, once after the probation period you are fairly permanent...it wont be easy to let you go at all.. unless you resign(only after two years).. or commit treason(will be shot dead)...
your family will be taken care of as such.. discounts at stores..some immunity from police(one call and the men in white will be there to get you out of most situations where you are being victimized or want to play victim)...
There will be travelling later and all the "extra allowance" that comes with it..
plots also come in at a later stage.. and generally.. two or three years down the line.. you may live fairly comfortably.
But there is little in terms of job satisfaction, or freedom.. or anything that people other than "yes men" would like to have.

So its a trade off situation for you..
If you are okay with doing network administration or helping a Navy Captain use excel..or fixing his network connection.. as long as you get paid Ok enough and are generally secure with family.. this is for you.

Otherwise.. the private sector is best.. its a struggle.. the pays are crap.. but if you can work it off(work off two jobs.. or get free lance coding work..which for a friend of mine lands him $1200 a month).. you may end up with a more satisfying job than this one.

Thanks Oscar
As far as $1200 concern I'm already making around $1000 per month in my current job. But the problem is very tough working hours, lack of family and social time and I know I'll be able to bear this pressure at max for next 3-5 year after that........ GOD knows... struggle and $ are very costly my dear......

Anyways I've received appointment letter today but strangely they are offering 2 year (renewable) contract although this was told me in interview that this will be permanent position.
So what I'll not be getting except GP fund and pension in contractual job? and will it be beneficial for me more than permanent one? as they mentioned in appointment letter than I can leave then anytime with one month notice period?
Also they mentioned that I'll me joining on Contract-I category but will work on Contract-IV category until unless got clear from there (GOD known) security department.
Also there are again number of forms and pattern sent no idea why they do that much paper work.

Thanks Oscar
As far as $1200 concern I'm already making around $1000 per month in my current job. But the problem is very tough working hours, lack of family and social time and I know I'll be able to bear this pressure at max for next 3-5 year after that........ GOD knows... struggle and $ are very costly my dear......

Anyways I've received appointment letter today but strangely they are offering 2 year (renewable) contract although this was told me in interview that this will be permanent position.
So what I'll not be getting except GP fund and pension in contractual job? and will it be beneficial for me more than permanent one? as they mentioned in appointment letter than I can leave then anytime with one month notice period?
Also they mentioned that I'll me joining on Contract-I category but will work on Contract-IV category until unless got clear from there (GOD known) security department.
Also there are again number of forms and pattern sent no idea why they do that much paper work.

Any input??? I still did not decide what to do?

I have cleared interview and security clearance but after six months I called them n they said my name is in waiting List.

Can any one tell me will they will consider me whenever job is available or they will retake interviews and bypass me ?

Salam Sir,

I read your post on this forum about your interview and test at Nescom. Since my brother is also waiting to get interviewed, i wanted to find out if it would be possible for you to give me some information about how your interview and test experience at NESCOM was.All i want to know is the length of the interview,questions asked (were they in English or Urdu) and the type of test. I really want my brother to get this job since this job would be very lucrative for our family and therefore any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom