What's new

Myanmar to free Suu Kyi, help India flush out terrorists

jha

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
26 Jan 2010 8ak: In a major boost to India’s efforts in fighting terror in the North-East, the Myanmar junta has agreed to fight terror jointly with India to flush out terrorists who are operating terror camps along the 1,650 km border. And in another historic move Myanmar's Home Minister Major General Maung Oo has reportedly announced that Suu Kyi, under house arrest since 1989 may finally be released in November. This will be after the 'democratic' elections.

The decision to work with India was taken on Thursday in the Myanmar capital Nay Pay Taw, during the three-day home secretary-level talks between the two nations. This development is significant, because India has for long suspected the Commander-in-Chief of ULFA, Paresh Baruah, to have taken a safe haven in Myanmar along with other high-profile leaders, who are wanted by the Indian government for their role in spreading terror in the North-Eastern region of India.

"Security forces of India and Myanmar will conduct coordinated operation in their respective territories in the next two-three months. The objective of the operation is that no militant can escape to the other side after facing heat in one side," a Home Ministry official told PTI on the condition of anonymity.

The joint terror fighting mechanism negotiated between India and Myanmar is on the similar lines as Bhutan, which launched Operation “All Clear” in 2003 and busted as many as 30 terror camps belonging to outlawed rebel groups United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA, the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) and the Kamatapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) that operated form its soil against India. The operation also resulted in 20 rebels being killed.

However, the security experts are not very enthusiastic about the proposed development. Top ministry sources informed 8ak that a similar plan was negotiated in 2002 during the eight national-level meeting between India and Myanmar, which resulted in tall commitments being made by the Junta, however, the militants continue to hide across the border and plan anti-India activities. The sources added that the two nations had also sought to increase naval cooperation in 2005, during the visit of then Myanmar's Naval Chief Soe Thein, but nothing substantial has ever been achieved.

New Delhi has been trying to contain the Chinese influence in Myanmar and has increased interaction with the Junta at all official levels. Indian has also extended phenomenal help in upgrading Myanmar’s Sittwe port. But the success of New Delhi in gaining a foot hold in Myanmar is being doubted by many experts. Especially, when the latter is being suspected to receive nuclear weapons technology from China and North Korea as observed by former R&AW official R.S.N. Singh at a seminar organised by policy think tank CLAWS in national capital New Delhi.

8ak - Indian Defence News: Myanmar to free Suu Kyi, help India flush out terrorists

What is happening? i can't believe on my eyes.. What india done that all of sudden myanmar pro-india? Or may be something happened between myanmar and china that pushed myanmar to be pro-india. India all of sudden made bangladesh pro-india, nepal pro-india 'not moaist' and now myanmar. Hmm.

What is happening? i can't believe on my eyes.. What india done that all of sudden myanmar pro-india? Or may be something happened between myanmar and china that pushed myanmar to be pro-india. India all of sudden made bangladesh pro-india, nepal pro-india 'not moaist' and now myanmar. Hmm.

First they (GOI) were ignorant when they start working you are seeing the result. Also the UPA-1 was dependent on the communist parties for support who are on the payroll of China that's way they ignored all this.

26 Jan 2010 8ak: In a major boost to India’s efforts in fighting terror in the North-East, the Myanmar junta has agreed to fight terror jointly with India to flush out terrorists who are operating terror camps along the 1,650 km border. And in another historic move Myanmar's Home Minister Major General Maung Oo has reportedly announced that Suu Kyi, under house arrest since 1989 may finally be released in November. This will be after the 'democratic' elections.

The decision to work with India was taken on Thursday in the Myanmar capital Nay Pay Taw, during the three-day home secretary-level talks between the two nations. This development is significant, because India has for long suspected the Commander-in-Chief of ULFA, Paresh Baruah, to have taken a safe haven in Myanmar along with other high-profile leaders, who are wanted by the Indian government for their role in spreading terror in the North-Eastern region of India.

"Security forces of India and Myanmar will conduct coordinated operation in their respective territories in the next two-three months. The objective of the operation is that no militant can escape to the other side after facing heat in one side," a Home Ministry official told PTI on the condition of anonymity.

The joint terror fighting mechanism negotiated between India and Myanmar is on the similar lines as Bhutan, which launched Operation “All Clear” in 2003 and busted as many as 30 terror camps belonging to outlawed rebel groups United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA, the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) and the Kamatapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) that operated form its soil against India. The operation also resulted in 20 rebels being killed.

However, the security experts are not very enthusiastic about the proposed development. Top ministry sources informed 8ak that a similar plan was negotiated in 2002 during the eight national-level meeting between India and Myanmar, which resulted in tall commitments being made by the Junta, however, the militants continue to hide across the border and plan anti-India activities. The sources added that the two nations had also sought to increase naval cooperation in 2005, during the visit of then Myanmar's Naval Chief Soe Thein, but nothing substantial has ever been achieved.

New Delhi has been trying to contain the Chinese influence in Myanmar and has increased interaction with the Junta at all official levels. Indian has also extended phenomenal help in upgrading Myanmar’s Sittwe port. But the success of New Delhi in gaining a foot hold in Myanmar is being doubted by many experts. Especially, when the latter is being suspected to receive nuclear weapons technology from China and North Korea as observed by former R&AW official R.S.N. Singh at a seminar organised by policy think tank CLAWS in national capital New Delhi.

8ak - Indian Defence News: Myanmar to free Suu Kyi, help India flush out terrorists
any way thanks to burma for accepting indian reqest to destroy ulfa bases in border

First they (GOI) were ignorant when they start working you are seeing the result. Also the UPA-1 was dependent on the communist parties for support who are on the payroll of China that's way they ignored all this.

Totally agree with you buddy. i hate Communist party of india (CPM). They now fading away. Thanks to mamta benergy. There was a time i feard that may be CPM might take over india. Now am glad and happy that maoist in east india taking care of CPM. We should never support Communist in our india. It will harm us dearly. India a silent killer who knows what to do. i love it. Myanmar will play important role. India should bring them more close to india.

i hate anything which is communist...look what they did to bengal...and what their beloved are doing to jharkhand, chhatishgrh etc...

however lets stick to topic..:cheers:

i hate anything which is communist...look what they did to bengal...and what their beloved are doing to jharkhand, chhatishgrh etc...

however lets stick to topic..:cheers:
Offtopic:
Same in Kerala. These communist people kills this state. They are against development. Still holding on to values that even the Russians and Chinese thrown out years ago.

Totally agree with you buddy. i hate Communist party of india (CPM). They now fading away. Thanks to mamta benergy. There was a time i feard that may be CPM might take over india. Now am glad and happy that maoist in east india taking care of CPM. We should never support Communist in our india. It will harm us dearly. India a silent killer who knows what to do. i love it. Myanmar will play important role. India should bring them more close to india.
No need to hate people only because they have a different point of view! That's the good point in a democracy, people a free to say and think what they want, but still can work together. In India (from my outside point of view) it's still to easy to spread hate in the name of political groups, or for religious reasons.
You will find different political groups, that works against each other in every democracy, but that doesn't mean they have to hate each other that much right?

i think communist are the most learned ppl from jnu they talk abt issues concernin comn man try 2 read frontline then u ill nw wat they stand for guys..................

Offtopic:
Same in Kerala. These communist people kills this state. They are against development. Still holding on to values that even the Russians and Chinese thrown out years ago.

I agree, somebody need to throw Achumama out of his chair. He is such as jerrk. I dont think I need to mention about the drama took place right after 26/11.

Operation "All Clear" and similar "anti-terror" campains in NE of India have witnessed a series of notorious human rights violation against local ethnic minorities.

Let's wipe clean our eyes and see how GoI will murder/rape the innocents/pregnant women again this time.

SUBIR BHOWMIK's COLUMN :: North East India's Horrible Human Rights Record

Operation "All Clear" and similar "anti-terror" campains in NE of India have witnessed a series of notorious human rights violation against local ethnic minorities.

Let's wipe clean our eyes and see how GoI will murder/rape the innocents/pregnant women again this time.

SUBIR BHOWMIK's COLUMN :: North East India's Horrible Human Rights Record

In NE India still some local people support these terrorists and in this case its not possible to wipe out this terrorists if you care a lot about human rights violation, Let military take over these states for a few years of time wipe out all the terrorists and leave the area so that locals can have full freedom !

Back
Top Bottom