What's new

Myanmar largest Indian aid recipient after Afghanistan

Yes indeed India must be commended in assisting its neighbors. They are showing how generous you Indians are. Quite incredible.
One has to wonder when a country that has more than the whole of Africa living below the poverty line and not being able to feed themselves is doing assisting other nations? Maybe one should do as survey of what and how the 800 million starving feel about this remarkable decision?

Survey also found that your motherland has the most No. of terrorist per SQM,you want me to put the link ??? Show where it shows 800M starving people.....Stop derailing thread here.Atleast talk some senseless thing here mate.

Blog!!!!!!

dude please explain what good did Pakistan ever do to another country that brought about a change to the lives of many?????

i deleted my post mate. Reason is i could put half a dozen posts on here and you would come with the same arguements. I think it simply derails the thread to continue mentioning poverty and you guys are simply missing my point.

i deleted my post mate. Reason is i could put half a dozen posts on here and you would come with the same arguements. I think it simply derails the thread to continue mentioning poverty and you guys are simply missing my point.

after posting that kind of comment and now by posting such reply to make you sound good!!!!

Why do it in the first place???????

after posting that kind of comment and now by posting such reply to make you sound good!!!!

Why do it in the first place???????

Its a fact that you have millions starving. There are loads of articles saying it. If you cant google and check who they are its a matter for you. I dont need or want to sound good. That is something that i will leave to you. Why are you on PDF discussing how incredible you are when the facts state different?

Its a fact that you have millions starving. There are loads of articles saying it. If you cant google and check who they are its a matter for you. I dont need or want to sound good. That is something that i will leave to you. Why are you on PDF discussing how incredible you are when the facts state different?

and how about Pakistan???
before ridiculing us look at your country oh i see UK huh...
Living in the luxury of White mans developed country and ridiculing us huh!!!!

good job:cheesy:

comeon buddy...bring it on...

show us the proof that we have 800 mn people starving and don't put this blog without reading it first.

what the hell you are talking. don't you have poverty. just behave your self. nonsense what kinda argument is this. subject is about Myanmar and Indian Aid , are we taking your money. why you are crying about our poverty.

800 million people without food since decades.??

Amazing.. the human body which can live for years without food.

its incredible

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

what the hell you are talking. don't you have poverty. just behave your self. nonsense what kinda argument is this. subject is about Myanmar and Indian Aid , are we taking your money. why you are crying about our poverty.

what indian govt does with its money is a matter for indian govt. If they wish to make political points rather than ease the plight of their people and resolve other more pressing matters its a matter for them

Idiots do not even read the news before barking

This is not aid this is on credit

India extends credit line of $500m to Myanmar

NEW DELHI: Lending more substance to its Look East policy, India on Friday extended a credit line of $500 million to Myanmar to help develop infrastructure in the country which is seeing a civilian government after several decades.

The announcement followed a meeting between visiting President U Thein Sein and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during which the two countries discussed security, mainly insurgency in the north-east, and agreed to expand cooperation in the field of oil and natural gas.

The announcement came even as the Myanmar President conveyed gratitude for earlier lines of credit amounting to nearly $300 million that had been extended by India, including for the development of railways, transport, power transmission lines and oil refineries. Singh's engagement with President Sein came just two days after his meeting with Vietnam President Truong Tan Sang. With both Vietnam and Myanmar passing through a difficult phase in their relations with China, India's engagement with both these countries has evoked interest internationally despite Indian authorities steadfastly denying any one-upmanship with Beijing.

Energy-rich Myanmar also agreed to encourage further investments by Indian companies from both public and private sectors in oil and natural gas. The first civilian president in almost 50 years, Sein came to India accompanied by as many as 13 ministers.

On the issue of insurgency in the north-east, the two leaders agreed on enhancing effective cooperation and coordination between the security forces of the two countries in tackling the issue.

"The two leaders reiterated the assurance that the territory of either would not be allowed for activities inimical to the other and resolved not to allow their respective territory to be used for training, sanctuary and other operations by terrorist and insurgent organizations and their operatives,'' said a joint statement issued after the meeting.

Two pacts were also inked for the upgradation of Yangon Children's Hospital and Sittwe General Hospital and Programme of Cooperation in Science and Technology for the period of 2012-2015. On the issue of border management, the two leaders directed the heads of the survey department of India and Myanmar to jointly work out and implement a schedule for inspection and maintenance of boundary pillars in the open season in 2011-12 in a time bound manner.

Expressing satisfaction at the implementation of the ambitious Kaladan Multi-modal Transit Transport Project, they decided to start the road component of the project at the earliest. They also agreed to open an additional border trade point to allow smooth flow of commerce to be generated by the Kaladan Project which will also allow India to transport goods to the north-east through the water route.

Singh congratulated the Myanmar President on the transition towards democracy and offered all necessary assistance in "further strengthening this democratic transition in an inclusive and broad based manner''. He welcomed the ongoing efforts at political, economic and social reforms in Myanmar including attempts to engage Aung San Suu Kyi.

Idiots do not even read the news before barking

This is not aid this is on credit

India extends credit line of $500m to Myanmar

its a matter for indian govt if they wish to make a loan to another country after all they are competing with china soon to be super power not an incredibly easy task

i think Indian Govt must feed its poor people then if they have enough money left then go to give aid to others.....
there is no good if your own people are suffering from hunger and due to poverty they are selling their kids...
You are not superpower like USA or China and dont dream of that unless you will be able to feed your people

i think Indian Govt must feed its poor people then if they have enough money left then go to give aid to others.....
there is no good if your own people are suffering from hunger and due to poverty they are selling their kids...
You are not superpower like USA or China and dont dream of that unless you will be able to feed your people

china is a super power?????

says who???
oh pakistanis!!!!
and why so;)

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

its a matter for indian govt if they wish to make a loan to another country after all they are competing with china soon to be super power not an incredibly easy task

we like challenge

but why is pakistan competing with afghan (as the new epicenter for terrorism)?????

Firstly read my posts and stop being so acute and selective. I have an opinion and i stick with it. Before making comments read the sequence of posts.
Secondly you are quite right this is about India being Incredible and coming onto PDF and discussing how brilliant you are in giving aid to third parties. If you come on here to discuss then expect others to comment. If you want others to come on and saw "wow India you are incredibly India " then you come to the wrong place!!
Pakistan has great amount of poverty and corruption but to discuss that on here would be off topic.

Back
Top Bottom