What's new

Myanmar Air Force confirms purchase of JF-17 «Thunder» fighter jets

Still, as you are new recruit to troll brigade that we mostly see around even some with fake or duplicate ID's I still quote you to understand an Indian Logic (Mostly from the same brigade).

Firstly, it was always about JF-17 wouldn't get any order because of this, that and what not then it came about proof of order so even then, as it happens, as habitual of such approach still, now asking for the shares this or that and most surprisingly, when India became concerned with Rohingya Muslims. You have a pathetic level to drag irrelevant things into the discussion that does not relates at all so hopefully, you will refrain and stay away being like this anymore.
When we will supply arms to them, when thier airforce depends on us for spares and technical assistance, than we will have influence over them and we can do a lot more to stop mistreatment of rohingya's, pakistan learned these tactics form the Us and lol is now utilizing them exceptionally well, when we own the supply to thier army we can even conduct coups there and stuff like that, this is the smart play, this is how muslims of the old used to act, with brains, diplomacy, economics and covert war....

A little better reading skills also go a long way in realising that the globalsecurity article that you enthusiastically quoted was linked and used as a reference for "Myanmar was the first country to order the jets from Pakistan" by the OP. Even a simple title search would have taken you to the correct article. Or maybe the very "subtle" differences in the article you quoted and the article posted by OP, but then that would require at least below par reading skills.

I respectfully disagree. The Global Security article which was used as reference by the OP used the Janes article as reference which I have quoted above.

So basically it comes to a full circle. If OP was was careful when conducting his research he would notice that the article at Janes was the real source (as mentioned in the Global Security article itself.)

Essentially the OP referring to Global Security article is a self goal as the original source clearly states that Myanmar refused to buy JF-17s.

May I draw your attention to the following again --

In December 2015 Malaysia's high commissioner to Pakistan said Malaysia was considering purchasing the JF-17 and might make a decision "very soon". Malaysia's defense minister denied this the following day.

Nevertheless, PAC officials attending DSA remain optimistic about a future sale to Malaysia. Myanmar has been widely reported as the first JF-17 customer.

PAC officials also countered recent negative reports about the JF-17 in Western media. They denied a JF-17 had broken up in flight due to faulty wing design, as had been reported earlier this year

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/myanmar-air-force-confirms-purchase-of-jf-17-«thunder»-fighter-jets.460239/page-4#ixzz4S8Eu7gev

I respectfully disagree. The Global Security article which was used as reference by the OP used the Janes article as reference which I have quoted above.

So basically it comes to a full circle. If OP was was careful when conducting his research he would notice that the article at Janes was the real source (as mentioned in the Global Security article itself.)

Essentially the OP referring to Global Security article is a self goal as the original source clearly states that Myanmar refused to buy JF-17s.

May I draw your attention to the following again --

In December 2015 Malaysia's high commissioner to Pakistan said Malaysia was considering purchasing the JF-17 and might make a decision "very soon". Malaysia's defense minister denied this the following day.

Nevertheless, PAC officials attending DSA remain optimistic about a future sale to Malaysia. Myanmar has been widely reported as the first JF-17 customer.

PAC officials also countered recent negative reports about the JF-17 in Western media. They denied a JF-17 had broken up in flight due to faulty wing design, as had been reported earlier this year

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/myanmar-air-force-confirms-purchase-of-jf-17-«thunder»-fighter-jets.460239/page-4#ixzz4S8Eu7gev

"The officers of the Myanmar Air Force confirmed that the purchase of a JF-17 «Thunder» fighter jets was approved. They said the order was part of a deal signed by China, Pakistan , and Myanmar.

That was reported by East Pendulum." <<<<<<<<<-----------

"The officers of the Myanmar Air Force confirmed that the purchase of a JF-17 «Thunder» fighter jets was approved. They said the order was part of a deal signed by China, Pakistan , and Myanmar.

That was reported by East Pendulum." <<<<<<<<<-----------

That is a version from a unrecognizable tabloid. While I have nothing to negate that, I would much rather prefer to go with Jane's reporting integrity though.

Cheers.

That is a version from a unrecognizable tabloid. While I have nothing to negate that, I would much rather prefer to go with Jane's reporting integrity though.

Cheers.

Sorry, but in terms of reliability and the research quality of the reports, East Pendulum is far, far, far ahead of anything Jane's published in recent years. They are often late and even more often wrong.
I would really not call it a unrecognizable tabloid.

Deino

Myanmar is killing muslims how are we selling them planes ?
As of yet we can't do anything except issue statements. This is true for most countries that are not superpowers. We can't pressure them with sanctions or convince UN to intervene to stop this genocide. The only possible leverage we might get in the near future is having a sizeable number of our aircrafts in their airforce, which will make them somewhat dependent on us.

Cheers.

That is however the version posted by OP. Deino has put to rest your other concern.

Pakistan needed that successful order. Now more will come and PAC will be working 3 shifts round the clock, IA.
With revenue coming from Thunder sale to Mayanmar and Nigeria, PAF/PAC can spend more money on r&d of future blocks and also PAF can put order for my favorite multirole fighter SU-35.

Only sad part is mayanmar's ethnic cleansing of Rohinya Muslims. But Allah SWT will make some way out for them.

As of yet we can't do anything except issue statements. This is true for most countries that are not superpowers. We can't pressure them with sanctions or convince UN to intervene to stop this genocide. The only possible leverage we might get in the near future is having a sizeable number of our aircrafts in their airforce, which will make them somewhat dependent on us.
This is the silliest thing I have heard so far. We are muslims and we cant cooperate in anyway to our enemies. We are powerful enough to project power on myanmar. Ask UN to intervene, afterall we are the largest military aided UN country.

Isnt a agreement signed when planes are sold ?
Pakistan , China and Myanmar should give a joint statement with a delivery schedule and sort this out .

Pakistan needed that successful order. Now more will come and PAC will be working 3 shifts round the clock, IA.
With revenue coming from Thunder sale to Mayanmar and Nigeria, PAF/PAC can spend more money on r&d of future blocks and also PAF can put order for my favorite multirole fighter SU-35.

Only sad part is mayanmar's ethnic cleansing of Rohinya Muslims. But Allah SWT will make some way out for them.

Then why block trade with India? Why not recognise Israel and Armenia???

Why do you lose faith in Allah when it comes to Kashmiris and Palestinians but miraculously have it for rohingyas and uighurs?

It's about dollars, water and land baby. Keep it simple.

This is the silliest thing I have heard so far. We are muslims and we cant cooperate in anyway to our enemies. We are powerful enough to project power on myanmar. Ask UN to intervene, afterall we are the largest military aided UN country.

What is silly is ur post. Here are some facts taken from the UN's website. The link is below if u wish to confirm it for urself.

"The UN has no military forces of its own, and Member States provide, on a voluntary basis, the military and police personnel required for each peacekeeping operation.

Peacekeeping soldiers are paid by their own Governments according to their own national rank and salary scale. Countries volunteering uniformed personnel to peacekeeping operations are reimbursed by the UN at a standard rate, approved by the General Assembly, of a little over US$1,332 per soldier per month.

Police and other civilian personnel are paid from the peacekeeping budgets established for each operation.

The UN also reimburses Member States for providing equipment, personnel and support services to military or police contingents."

Here are the top 10 countries that finance UN missions.
  1. United States (28.57%)
  2. China (10.29%)
  3. Japan (9.68%)
  4. Germany (6.39%)
  5. France (6.31%)
  6. United Kingdom (5.80%)
  7. Russian Federation (4.01%)
  8. Italy (3.75%)
  9. Canada (2.92%)
  10. Spain (2.44%)
http://www.un.org/en/peacekeeping/operations/financing.shtml

Pakistan is the third biggest contributor of troops to the UN. Do u wanna know who is number 1? Ethiopia. Now by ur reasoning Ethiopia should have a lot of influence on the UN...does it? Now look at the top 10 financiers of the UN and see how much influence they have had on the UN and u'll get ur answer.

In a way these are just jobs. Ethiopia and Pak troops are just employees. The employers are US and other western countries. If we don't contribute the troops, some other country will. Now wake up from this dream that we have any influence in UN. It's China that helps us out in UN from time to time.

As for Pakistan projecting power on Myanmar, please enlighten me on how can we do that?

P.S. I do not in anyway condone what Myanmar is doing to Rohingyas. I'm just stating the reality, whether u choose to accept it or not is up to u.

Last edited:
When we will supply arms to them, when thier airforce depends on us for spares and technical assistance, than we will have influence over them and we can do a lot more to stop mistreatment of rohingya's, pakistan learned these tactics form the Us and lol is now utilizing them exceptionally well, when we own the supply to thier army we can even conduct coups there and stuff like that, this is the smart play, this is how muslims of the old used to act, with brains, diplomacy, economics and covert war....

I really want to reply to this post for some reason.

1-Remember how our arse burned and still burns to this day for f-16 fiascos by the US? I mean its alright wishing shit for other but when same hits us all the fanboys start calling names to US this and US that?
2-We are newbies in the weapons industry, doing such a thing will alert the others and people will be hesitant to conduct business with us.
3-We must not stop or even think of stopping any weapon supplies to any of our esteemed customers. These sales dont just mean dollars, they mean that Mr. Rashid from Chak 411 gets to eat a good break for dinner. For that if a rohingya dies... i dont care, because i am a nationalist.

About Muslims of the old ---> Most of the "Muslims of the old" we autocracies where one person the king held all the power. Now for the empires that lasted long and for the majority of them if you study them, you'll find that many had a secular point of view about the system of government. Also, in wars they sided with the side who gave them the most tactical or strategic advantage rather than playing good muslim bad muslim. Thats how "muslims of the old" worked and thats why they rules.

p.s --> majority of great muslim rulers were not mullahs.

Back
Top Bottom