What's new

Myanmar Air Force confirms purchase of JF-17 «Thunder» fighter jets

Are you a industry man ? I have gone through the literature available in public and interviews in this site on jf17 and i have a good idea of what material is actually sourced from pakistan.I would advise you to do the same.
Assembling a high end product and exporting is also not a bad start . Iphone is assembled in china not manufactured fully or designed at all. If you have any further info which is not available in public pl share.
But i will advise you i am a totally hands on industry person and what i saw in the jf17 assembly line video interview indicated assembly not mfg. A technical head saying that we do not allow even 1 micron variance in tolerance is obviously in his own world.

We are not india

We needed to stand on our own feet and now manufacture a large portion of the Jf 17, we are upto 60% manufacturing inhouse and that will increase

Look again

Are you a industry man ? I have gone through the literature available in public and interviews in this site on jf17 and i have a good idea of what material is actually sourced from pakistan.I would advise you to do the same.
Assembling a high end product and exporting is also not a bad start . Iphone is assembled in china not manufactured fully or designed at all. If you have any further info which is not available in public pl share.
But i will advise you i am a totally hands on industry person and what i saw in the jf17 assembly line video interview indicated assembly not mfg. A technical head saying that we do not allow even 1 micron variance in tolerance is obviously in his own world.
betay ,meray whatever the contribution of Pakistan in its manufacture or assemble .
benya ki to buj gai na ...

Ok .Congrats .
but 60% inhouse by what ? Weight, systems , value ? But you are not a serious contributer to this discussion so need to answer.
Irfan shouldnt you be in balochistan countering terror.? Why embaress yourself in technical matters.
Tho i have no time and no crayons needed to explain but here it goes.
1.Fuselage Manufacturing(the machinery was imported back in 70's and is being updated since regularly)
2.Composites used in the wings and the fuselage.(E.g. Carbon fiber manufacturing machinery and tech was imported from italy earlier used to produce the falco UAV's.)
3.Pipes and wire (KM's length of wires are used in aircrafts)
4.Electronics etc to name a few
This old documentary might clear your doubts.

JFT is not the first aircraft PAC has manufactured or exported.
K-8 with over 14 operators world wide and more than 500 manufactured was also a JV with China.
MFI-17 (originally Swedish aircraft) Pak purchased the license,modified according to its need and put it also for sale from then it sold to over 10 countries,Just this year it got more than 120 sales.
Hows that for a start?

A nuclear power that can export its own-made fighter jets is by definition standing on its own feet.

Hi,

That is an interesting statement---. I thought the fighter was primarily built by the country to fight its enemy---.

Own enemy has far superior air force than the enemies of those countries who are interested in buying the aircraft---.

So my understanding goes---giving a matching reply to a superior equipment is no big deal---but my equipment sold to other countries with inferior enemy equipment is a big deal.

But "real achievement"is still conditional with the export of jf-17?.

Hi,

I guess----.

Lol...I have seen people like you here and mostly you Indians brag like this, I have read this and that and in reality you people are just talk and talk...Before spitting BS here and turning this nice thread into a bad one, go read about your imported Tejas powered by Truck and leave us to ourself...!

Hi,

That is an interesting statement---. I thought the fighter was primarily built by the country to fight its enemy---.

Own enemy has far superior air force than the enemies of those countries who are interested in buying the aircraft---.

So my understanding goes---giving a matching reply to a superior equipment is no big deal---but my equipment sold to other countries with inferior enemy equipment is a big deal.

Lol...I have seen people like you here and mostly you Indians brag like this, I have read this and that and in reality you people are just talk and talk...Before spitting BS here and turning this nice thread into a bad one, go read about your imported Tejas powered by Truck and leave us to ourself...!

betay ,meray whatever the contribution of Pakistan in its manufacture or assemble .

Some peoples hatred blinds them to such an extent, that all they can do is senselessly rant!

Do you want them to show you where and how they manufacture the Pakistani parts too? The JF-17 has a lot of Pakistani parts in it.. Guess you should know by now!

But "real achievement"is still conditional with the export of jf-17?.

Exporting fighter jets is a good metric that displays a sound industrial base including R&D, a robust financial system that can manage such costly and complex projects, and an intelligent foreign policy that is able to draw in customers whose interests align over the long haul. Can you think of another measure that combines such diverse areas of strength? If so, then that can also be a measure that I would have no problem recognizing and appreciating.

In the meantime, let me just read in silence all the chest thumping and name calling and trash can banging. I will not be posting on this topic until an export sale actually materializes. I hope it happens soon so that I can admit being wrong about its chances of happening, and move beyond this issue.

Exporting fighter jets is a good metric that displays a sound industrial base including R&D, a robust financial system that can manage such costly and complex projects, and an intelligent foreign policy that is able to draw in customers whose interests align over the long haul. Can you think of another measure that combines such diverse areas of strength? If so, then that can also be a measure that I would have no problem recognizing and appreciating.

In the meantime, let me just read in silence all the chest thumping and name calling and trash can banging. I will not be posting on this topic until an export sale actually materializes. I hope it happens soon so that I can admit being wrong about its chances of happening, and move beyond this issue.
As long as Pakistan produces indigenously a credible weapon to counter what her enemies have, is an achievement.
Export should not be a measure of that achievement.

As long as Pakistan produces indigenously a credible weapon to counter what her enemies have, is an achievement.
Export should not be a measure of that achievement.

Yes. I have always recognized the JF-17 for what it is - a perfect jet for PAF's needs.

Do you want them to show you where and how they manufacture the Pakistani parts too? The JF-17 has a lot of Pakistani parts in it.. Guess you should know by now!
NO!!! the hands on industrialist Knows what you and I dont know. JFT has no local input, was made from matchboxes and will fall apart into pieces because of shoddy Chinese engineering. This 3rd generation fighter will never be sold and will always remain inferior to the mighty Tejas on the thaila. So how dare us menial Pakistanis argue with the might of the Indian juggernauut with their space crafts coming to dissipate us all into million pieces.
But hey what else can we do . So lets move on. and leave him behind. I have already roasted one arse today not in the mood for another request for a ban.
A

plz can any one post for some photos of improvement in construction of JF-17..? i heard some of them even went to maiden flight in China.. and how about delivery date..? according to some sources , 6 JF-17 for this DEC,2016.. anyone can prove it..? bros

plz can any one post for some photos of improvement in construction of JF-17..? i heard some of them even went to maiden flight in China.. and how about delivery date..? according to some sources , 6 JF-17 for this DEC,2016.. anyone can prove it..? bros

Sir,
I don't intent to cause a shit storm here which is why I addressed you directly.

I believe a little background check goes a long way before allow threads such as this .. The article in question was posted way back in June .. and last cached in Google on 20th on Nov 2016.

upload_2016-11-29_16-7-58.png

Meanwhile this is from JANES .. so the source is impeccable.

HOME DEFENCE PLATFORMS AIR PLATFORMS ARTICLE

CONTENT PREVIEWTo read the full article, Client Login
Air Platforms
DSA 2016: Pakistan bullish on JF-17 sales
Richard D Fisher Jr, Kuala Lumpur - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
21 April 2016

1654770_-_main.jpg

A Pakistan Air Force JF-17 Thunder at the 2015 Paris Air Show. Source: IHS/Patrick Allen

Despite a high-profile reversal for the JF-17 fighter in Malaysia last December, officials from the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) attending the Defence Services Asia (DSA) 2016 exhibition in Kuala Lumpur remain optimistic about regional sales and offered details about the fighter co-developed with China's Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group.

In December 2015 Malaysia's high commissioner to Pakistan said Malaysia was considering purchasing the JF-17 and might make a decision "very soon". Malaysia's defense minister denied this the following day.

Nevertheless, PAC officials attending DSA remain optimistic about a future sale to Malaysia. Myanmar has been widely reported as the first JF-17 customer.

PAC officials also countered recent negative reports about the JF-17 in Western media. They denied a JF-17 had broken up in flight due to faulty wing design, as had been reported earlier this year
. According to press reports, India recently advanced criticism of the JF-17 to lobby against the JF-17's sale to Sri Lanka.

Regarding future JF-17 development, on multiple occasions Pakistani officials have affirmed their commitment to the 8.7-ton-thrust Klimov RD-93 turbofan. However, officials speaking to IHS Jane's at DSA 2016 said that for the goal of advancing aircraft performance, they were open to considering China's 9-ton-thrust WS-13 or the 9.4-ton-thrust Klimov RD-33MK.

Russian industry sources at DSA 2016 noted that the WS-13 remains at an early stage of development and has an estimated service life of 2,000 hours compared with 4,000 hours for the RD-33MK.

PAC officials also confirmed that the new JF-17 refuelling probe design, recently seen in China, will be the configuration for the JF-17. These officials also noted that Pakistan has an anti-ship variant of the new China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC)-developed hypersonic CM-400 air-to-surface missile. They said a twin-seat JF-17 would begin test flights in late 2016 or early 2017.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

To the OP -- I'm glad you have your 1st export customer Nigeria. Selling 3 units of fighter jets is no mean deal any time of the day. But do post factually.

Cheers.

Sir,
I don't intent to cause a shit storm here which is why I addressed you directly.

I believe a little background check goes a long way before allow threads such as this .. The article in question was posted way back in June .. and last cached in Google on 20th on Nov 2016.

A little better reading skills also go a long way in realising that the globalsecurity article that you enthusiastically quoted was linked and used as a reference for "Myanmar was the first country to order the jets from Pakistan" by the OP. Even a simple title search would have taken you to the correct article. Or maybe the very "subtle" differences in the article you quoted and the article posted by OP, but then that would require at least below par reading skills.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom