What's new

Must Watch: Indian Movie "Azaan" - Story of a RAW officer

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score
Must Watch: Indian Movie "Azaan" - Story of a RAW officer

http://youtu.be/PWQ3JBtab1Y

Espionage thriller Azaan clearly has some powerful people supporting it.

Shot in nine countries and 16 cities, the magnum opus, which premieres in Dubai tonight, was unveiled at this year's International Indian Film Academy Awards in Toronto by none other than Shah Rukh Khan.

But its actor and producer Sachiin Joshi, 27, draws a line there.

Even though the Mumbai-based business magnate — who also stars in the film — could have requested for cameos from his actor-friends to grab more eyeballs, he says that it would have been the greatest disservice to the script.

"Our story is a strong one. I play a RAW [Research And Analysis Wing] agent who infiltrates enemy lines and finds out that there's a major biological warfare threat which could destroy India," said Joshi prior to his visit to Dubai. He added that his film, billed as Bollywood's first espionage drama, will touch upon sensitive topics such as the Muslim world being considered a hotbed for terrorism and India's neighbour Pakistan portrayed as the bad guy behind terrorist activities.

"It's projected wrongly. Terrorism is about money and power … In Azaan we have not tried to hurt any body's sentiments. It will make people think about who the real enemy is." Barring the film Sarfarosh featuring Aamir Khan, Bollywood films such as Kurbaan have also painted a certain religious community in a bad light, he said. His noble intentions aside, Joshi is also battling objections from political parties in India about the title of his film and the nature of the content shown in it.

"We have researched our title well. Azaan is my name just like how Ghajini was the name of Aamir Khan in his film Ghajini. It's coincidental. I have already explained to them that I am trying to show that the Islamic world is not the culprit." This is not the only battle that he needs to fight. Though the trailers look promising, the lack of known faces, may work against him. His leading lady in the film is South African model Candice Boucher.

"I know everyone in the industry because we all move in the same social circles. But if you try to push any single character, the film rejects it automatically," he said. Before entering films, Joshi was busy in the boardrooms coming up with strategies to expand his business opportunities. He owns several hotels and soft-drink factories in India. So was Bollywood a rich boy's whim?

"No, it's not a whim. I have put in a lot of hard work. And you will see what I am talking about when Azaan releases." Apparently, he was bitten by acting bug when was as young as five.

"When I was growing up in Pune, we shared a common wall with a film institute. I used to mingle with the students from that film college and act in their documentaries. They thought I was good and I knew that I would one day face the cameras again for a big film." Though he was unwilling to reveal the budget of his action thriller shot in countries that included Poland, Germany, Morocco and Thailand, Joshi said that the production values are high.

"It's an expensive film. I have spent as much money as a producer would spend on an Aamir or a Salman [Khan] film," he said. Though the Khan's have proved that they two one of the most bankable stars in Bollywood with immense box-office pull, Joshi is yet to prove his worth.

"It's a huge gamble. But it's also a calculated risk. But once people see Azaan, they will realise it was money well spent. It has action, romance, thrilling moments — everything."

Don't miss it

Azaan premieres in Dubai tonight at the Grand Cineplex at 7.30pm with its actors in attendance.

gulfnews : Spy drama: Azaan in Dubai

azaan4.jpg

still1.jpg

psoter01.jpg

Aazaan-Official Website

Last edited by a moderator:
More issues for Aazaan as Censors snip out China

By Joginder Tuteja, October 8, 2011 - 16:11 IST

Just a few days back we had reported how Aazaan was naming China as India's main enemy instead of Pakistan. Well, seems quite a few out there have noticed these developments as well, most notably being the Censor Board, which has objected to this accusation. Result? The word 'China' has been muted in the film. :angry: :angry: :angry: :hitwall:

Informs a source, "Censor Board felt that naming China as a conspirator here was rather unnecessary and could be done away with. :hitwall: Though Pakistan has been acknowledged as India's prime enemy in dozens of films since Aamir Khan's Sarfarosh and audience too has become almost used to that, China being named as a part of a mainstream film could well open the can of worms. The Board felt that instead of raking up a controversy that could well impact global relationship between different countries, Aazaan could well do without it."

The makers have of course been left without much choice since Aazaan is all set for release next Friday and any arguments could have only led to re-screening of the film that would further delayed the process and possibly threatened to delay the release as well.

"Yes, it is disappointing that we had to mute 'China' in the film. That's okay though, we want to just move on and ensure that our release isn't jeopardised", says Sachiin Joshi, "Of course this was an integral part of the film though because as stated earlier, no Hindi film has actually dared to name China as India's prime enemy. I guess audience will still get the message though. We have other things to look at currently and eventually want to release Aazaan without any issues."

More issues for Aazaan as Censors snip out China

What the hell??????? Only Anti India people have full freedom of speech hurriyat puppets or arundhati roy otherwise they mute everyone else. :hitwall:

And a movie is a fiction work one shouyld be free to exress its feelings. :hitwall:

Who is the chick:woot:

Candice Boucher (born 17 October 1983) is a South African model.

Magazines she has modelled for include FHM, GQ, Cosmopolitan, Sports Illustrated and Elle. She has appeared in advertising campaigns for Fila and Speed, and is currently one of the faces of Intimissimi and Guess Jeans. She appeared in a pictorial and on the cover of the April 2010 issue of Playboy magazine :partay:.[1][2] She is of no relation to South African cricketer Mark Boucher.

Candice Boucher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^^
Candice Boucher

too hot for PDF ...? :flame::flame:

Azaan_movie_still_wallpaper3.jpg

wonder why haven't they chose INSAS rifle with brown furniture ...? :lol::lol:

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Faaar shes hot:cheesy:

Censor board am disaapoint:fie:

I dont understand the need to censor those words when they already passed them for promos :confused:

man ,...the trailer is awesome !!!!

I hope the film is as good as the review...

Our bollywood tend to have good trailers but flop movies

"We have researched our title well. Azaan is my name just like how Ghajini was the name of Aamir Khan in his film Ghajini. It's coincidental. "

Idiot! Ghajini was villain's name in that movie.

Many of the stunts in the trailer seem as cool as the Bourne series ....lets see how the movie turns out ...:)

Back
Top Bottom