What's new

Muslim women cannot object to husbands’ marriages: CII chief

sorry..i m a new guy hindu..lack of islamic knowledge...but i dontunderstand why so many interpretation bydifferent schollars ofquran....is quran unclear in some sections?
plz elaborate....

The Quran is based on classical Arabic that relies on metaphors and words that have multiple meanings in different contexts. In addition, a lot of it is in context and hence cannot be understood correctly when taken out of context. When it is taken out of context or the Arabic is misinterpreted(or interpreted according to a meaning of a word); you have the various issues that pop up on various interpretations.

Oh tell me about it!

That is truly dangerous. You have clearly described one of the reasons I am so apprehensive of the direction of Muslims as a whole, and particularly those living in countries that simply do not have the mechanisms to deal with this menace. Many examples come to mind right here on PDF too as a small example.

All I can do is speak up, unpopular as it might be.

Wont matter. Its rather funny that while Tesla is rolling out Model S's in their neighbourhood these men are focused on Jihad against their own community in a contrast in mindset that would look like the Jetsons meeting the Flintstones.. sans the good relations.

Wont matter. Its rather funny that while Tesla is rolling out Model S's in their neighbourhood these men are focused on Jihad against their own community in a contrast in mindset that would look like the Jetsons meeting the Flintstones.. sans the good relations.

It might not matter, but at least I can think of it as some small effort to try and matter.

yea and it is right :agree:

:lol: yes, of course.

It might not matter, but at least I can think of it as some small effort to try and matter.

:lol: yes, of course.

For that the(opposing) narrative has to be within the boundaries of Islam itself. Dont worry, Ill be bringing that over soon.
:p:

As Allama Iqbal Butt said:

Deen-i-kafir ghor-o-fikar-i-jihad

Deen-i-mullah fi-sabil-illahi fasad

'
The unbelievers faith has become to think and ponder over things on war footing (as if it were jihad),

While the Muslim cleric's creed is to spread mischief and ill-will in the land in the name of God'

sorry..i m a new guy hindu..lack of islamic knowledge...but i dontunderstand why so many interpretation bydifferent schollars ofquran....is quran unclear in some sections?
plz elaborate....
Your way of writing English is 90% similar to Chinese.Some mistakes,very funny but understandable.lmao

For that the(opposing) narrative has to be within the boundaries of Islam itself. Dont worry, Ill be bringing that over soon.
:p:

You are always welcome for tea/coffee and some nice discussion and sight-seeing. :D

Some non religious people can have multiple partners and go through God knows how many partners before settling down with just one. Some continue with the life style of debauchery. Which is immoral? A legal contract of 4 marriages or unlimited partners to mess around with no legal and emotional protection?

The funniest thing is when people in The West criticise polygamy in Islam yet in their own society it is very normal to have many multiple partners. Equal rights is the excuse people give but it can't be that its something else.
While you make a fair point Jaanbaz.
You forget one basic entity in Western countries - that of equality.
While men can go around with multiple partners without legal or emotional protection, women can do the same.

In this case, its only the men who can have multiple wives. Women can not. This is discriminatory, against equality. If the State were to allow women to have 4 husbands as well, then you would have a fully valid point.

were to allow women to have 4 husbands as well

So women get abused by 4 men? No thank you. No wonder Quran is clear on actually protecting women from abusive men. I have all ready made it clear that even for men to marry 4 times they have to meet strict criteria and one of the important part is that they have to treat all of them equally in all manner. I don't think many men could do that.

Other then that Quran gave women the right to inherit way before any Western or Eastern nations.

So women get abused by 4 men? No thank you. No wonder Quran is clear on actually protecting women from abusive men. I have all ready made it clear that even for men to marry 4 times they have to meet strict criteria and one of the important part is that they have to treat all of them equally in all manner. I don't think many men could do that.
No Sir, this is about giving choice. If women feel that they are being abused, they are free to leave immediately. They can also have the responsibility of treating them equally.
Right now, only men have the choice of marrying 4 women.
Women do not have the choice at all.
Whether or not men and women choose to exercise that option is a different thing altogether.
Other then that Quran gave women the right to inherit way before any Western or Eastern nations.
Again Sir. You are defending the irrelevant.

While Quran may or not have been the first to give inheritance rights to women (I do not know either way), the fact is that today, the other Western and Eastern nations have moved beyond and surpassed what the Quran gave to women in terms of empowerment and relative equality between men/women.

While Quran may or not have been the first to give inheritance rights to women (I do not know either way), the fact is that today, the other Western and Eastern nations have moved beyond and surpassed what the Quran gave to women in terms of empowerment and relative equality between men/women.

Surpassed in what ways?

No Sir, this is about giving choice. If women feel that they are being abused, they are free to leave immediately. They can also have the responsibility of treating them equally.
Right now, only men have the choice of marrying 4 women.
Women do not have the choice at all.
Whether or not men and women choose to exercise that option is a different thing altogether.

Quran is the final word, Muslims can interpret it differently but no Muslim will change the basic laws in Quran. There is a very good reason why women are not allowed to have multiple husbands. I do not expect you to understand since you do not understand the Islamic moral values. No offence Sir but you would not understand this.

Surpassed in what ways?
Off the top of my head:
- If I recall correctly - in Muslim Personal Law, women inherit half the property that her brother will inherit.
Today, in Western and Eastern countries - women inherit as much as the brother.

- Secondly, some Muslim countries cite Islamic law and give a womens testimony half the value of men.
Today, in Western and Eastern countries - a woman's testimony is equal in value to a man's.
Syed Ali Haider posted the entire list of those countries.
Here is another link:Status of women's testimony in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So while Quran and Muslim law might have been a much needed radical improvement over what the situation for women was in Arabia then or otherwise in general, today other countries have surpassed what the Quran gave in equality to men and women Constitutionally.

Quran is the final word, Muslims can interpret it differently but no Muslim will change the basic laws in Quran. There is a very good reason why women are not allowed to have multiple husbands. I do not expect you to understand since you do not understand the Islamic moral values. No offence Sir but you would not understand this.
I have no doubt Sir, that I will fail to understand this logic.

While you may say those countries who are giving a Woman's testimony half the value of a Man's is not Islamic, the Ulema of those countries vehemently disagree with you. And if I talk to them and tell them that this is wrong - I have no doubt, they will tell me the same thing - that for Muslims, the Law of Allah is final and I as a non-Muslim will never understand Islamic moral values.

I would humbly accept their statement too - that I will never understand such logic and values.

Last edited:
The law of requiring the first wife's permission for a second marriage is not actually practically observed in Pakistan. Its a figurehead law. Those who marry a second time do so without the consent of the existing wife in spite of the law. Nevertheless it seems somewhat morally humiliating for women for such discussions to take place when there are so many more crucial issues in society to solve.

Nevertheless not all Islamic scholars agree that it is permissible for a man to marry a second time without his first wife's permission.

See for instance Shaikh Ahmad Kutty's fatwa on this topic:

Question:

Salamu aleykom Shiekh Ahmad Thank you for your efforts to spread the knowledge.I have small question about polygamy. Is is required for husband to have his first wife permission to marry second time?Jazaka Allah

Answer:

If you married your wife in a culture where monogamy was the norm, and you never mentioned to her about your option to marry a second wife, then you owe it to her to seek her permission to do so. For as the Prophet (peace be upon him) taught us, we are bound by the terms of our marriage contracts. Since there is no reason to limit such terms to the written ones, they should also include those which are simply assumed or taken for granted in a particular milieu or society. If, therefore, your wife would not have married you--if she had the prior knowledge that you would exercise the option to take a second wife-- then it was a tacit agreement you had agreed to with her; as such you are bound by it.

Also I do not think Indo-Pak men in particular and all men in general are able to maintain the condition of adl (justice) required for a second marriage in shariah.

See Maulana Hakeem Akhtar Saheb DB saying that generally men of the subcontinent are unable to maintain fairness between the wives therefore they should all restrict themself to one wife.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Talking is easy, His thinking will altogether change when he will become father of a daughter.

:D Exactly! A person who isn't in that situation to make such choice, can neither be expected to understand nor make a rational choice according to that situation, the reason is obvious.

Back
Top Bottom