What's new

Muslim Punjabi Tribes and their origins

Foreign invaders have all left their valid or invalid children here. I had a matter with Mughals of Rawalpindi that was bad and i still want to conclude they are descendants of Taimur but invalid ones out of one of his soldiers. i am doubtful even about my self. Allah show every one a right path at least i don't take any pride now in my being a Sheikh Migrated from India.

I have noticed that there is a very much interest of many members to discuss about Punjabi muslims so why not lets list and discuss Muslim Punjabi Tribes and their origins.

Arrains: Almost all of them are sunnis and they claim their descent from Syrian soldiers who migrated with Mohd. Bin Qassim from a town in Syria called Areeha ( in english "Jericho" ). Areeha was considered military district of Shaam region. It can be an exaggeration to their claim but one has to look into the research done about them. i read at wikipedia that there some people who think Arain are sub caste of rajputs but I think it is nonsense & some says that arains are persian origin race and Kambojahs are there closest cousins in this regard but again i dont know any kaamboj so i dont know their habits.

1. B blood group is common among them.
2. Most of them are sunnis muslims
3. Most of them live in Punjab and many of them are also living in Sindh
4. Mian, Chaudhry, Bhutta & Meher are common titles found among them
5. They dont have any sub tribes and castes.
6. They are small Landowners. Mostly grow vegetables ( in jokes people always talk about arrains and onions ) The place i mentioned in the introduction from where they originated it is called Areha in arabic and in English its called Jericho. I found out that the people there r into farming so may b there is a clue but then i can be wrong because many people in India are also into agri business too.
7. they are also famous to be in angry mood. ( an old sikh lady told me that Arain badday daadaay honday ne & when i told her that i am an Arrain she was like speechless and said pehle kyun nai dasyea ) i was laughing too.
8. They try not to marry into other tribes or castes but this is a trend of every tribe in Punjab or may i gues everywhere especially in muslim world. ( once a Syed Gillani girl told me that they tend to marry in Pathans and Rajputs and they see others including arrain as a low tribe)

This is what i have found so far please enlighten me with your knowledge of all other Tribes. It will be better if you tell some traits of the tribes as well thank you :)
im a gujjar khatana... im getting the 23 and ancestry test... stay tuned i have already gave my sample.

I am a Gujjar of the Khatana sect.....

As far as Gujjar orgin, I have heard many different things including being a branch of Huns, which invaded the northern Punjab region around 5th century ...

Or

A warrior clan around present day Kabul, that was pushed eastwards by the Huns around the 4-5 century...

Or

Gujjars used to be inhabitants of Georgia (Gurjia), who crossed Central Asia, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and the Khyber Pass to reach Gujarat probably in the 5th and 6th centuries.
my nigga... i am also a khatana

Jats, Gujjars, Rajputs and to some extent Maliks( Awans, Khokars etc) are all races who invaded India in one age or the other, some from Turkik, some from Persian and some Central Asian basins. What I learnt from research is that it is a loose amalgalm of castes.

There were different dynasties in different eras, Rajputs Gujjars Jats were dominant in few over time, when ever an invading enemy was defeated and was thought to be of good quality martial blood that group was assimilated into larger caste as a ghotra or sub caste. Jats, gujjars and rajputs share many sub castes eg Bhatti, Khokar, Cheema etc So two subcastes in two different castes could actually trace their origins from same place but different timeline. Generally Muslim castes of Punjab originate from Arabs, Persians, Hapthalites, Khazars, Mongols, White huns and Syncithians.
Gujjars are only different as they had their own language, culture and dress.
Gojri (few speak it) generally because they stretch from Rajasthan To Afghanistan they speak from Rajasthani , Punjabi to Pashtu and Hindko(in Hazara KPK afghanistan)
rajputs and gujjars have similar origins...rajputs have their own language as well i believe.

Can't prove or disprove anything. What I know is that jats might be related to Scythians. Does not mean they invaded etc. They just migrated from as far as Bulgaria to central Asia and may be in some cases just from northern India.
When they first migrated then started as farmers and herders only. There was no jat kingdom as such though you can associate with some central Asian kingdom.
Plains, rivers and weather of northern india/Pakistan must have been tempting at that time. Also when jat migrated then there might already have been stronger rulers in India. Gujjars came earlier than jats. Gujjars are mostly animal herders.
Are there significant and prominent jats in Pakistan? In india, we have Sikh jatts and Hindu jats as main ethnicities in Punjab and haryana. Both have done fairly well. Jats are coming up well. Last army chief was jat. Sikh jatts have also had several high posts. In sports, doing better from Indian context.
gujjars had kingdoms in india... there 2 types of gujjars..
settled ones and then the bakarwals....

Look when people move from one place to a better place they are not provided the new greener pastures in plate, they have to displace them, Arabs displaced Bruhi from plains, Dravidians were displaced by Central Asians.
Jats just did not come over and were awarded lands.

In Pakistan Gujjars, Jats, Maliks and Rajputs share the power space quite peacefully as we do not have problem of Scheduled or other backward castes problem. Many prominent Politicians like Shafqat Mahmood fromPTI,Qa ar uz Zaman Qaira from PPP and a big part of PML N is Gujjar as are many prominent from other castes as well. Shoaib Akhter, Muhammed Asif cricketers, Chaudhary Rehmat Ali who gave name of Pakistan.

The point is there is no need to go into which caste is better or stronger Almost everyone has same origins, intermixed.
r u gujjar?

I know 3-4 migrations of my clan within india in last 700-800 years without any fight. And we started farming wherever we went. We should not assume that all migrations were related to war and invasions. I am a jat so interested in knowing how jats are in Pakistan.
jatts in pakistan are great... they are strong economically...
in pakistan we dont have as much division as people in india when it comes to jatt, gujjar or arain.

I am a Gujjar of the Khatana sect.....

As far as Gujjar orgin, I have heard many different things including being a branch of Huns, which invaded the northern Punjab region around 5th century ...

Or

A warrior clan around present day Kabul, that was pushed eastwards by the Huns around the 4-5 century...

Or

Gujjars used to be inhabitants of Georgia (Gurjia), who crossed Central Asia, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and the Khyber Pass to reach Gujarat probably in the 5th and 6th centuries.
Gujjars, Jats and Rajputs are descendants of Scythians or perhaps Yuezhi.

Don't mistake gurjar for gujjars. Gurjar was ethnic group based in Indian Gujarat, formed by castes like brahmins, kashatriyas etc Gujjars are completly different and have little to do with them apart from similar sounding name. I'm pretty sure gujjars are very rare among sikhs. Ask some sikhs here, they will know. But jatts make about half of sikh population.
actually gurjar and gujjar is same....
and yes there are many sikhs who are gujjar... including that indian army officer from battle of longewala or some shit.

Gujjars, Jats and Rajputs are descendants of Scythians or perhaps Yuezhi.
probably.... i will find out for sure in few more weeks. i did the dna test.

im a gujjar khatana... im getting the 23 and ancestry test... stay tuned i have already gave my sample.

my nigga... i am also a khatana

rajputs and gujjars have similar origins...rajputs have their own language as well i believe.

gujjars had kingdoms in india... there 2 types of gujjars..
settled ones and then the bakarwals....

r u gujjar?

jatts in pakistan are great... they are strong economically...
in pakistan we dont have as much division as people in india when it comes to jatt, gujjar or arain.
Yes bro Thikariya Gujjar, which ancestry dna test did you take?

thats big service people from your village. this guy had so many gujjars killed.

who is the head of the dhola family currently??
I don't know, we usually have no heads in our village. I have lost touch for few years because of commitments abroad.

I don't know, we usually have no heads in our village. I have lost touch for few years because of commitments abroad.
i mean who is the head of the family that killed manzoor shah?

Syeds mirgrated from present day Saudia towards east. There was a time when one would get killed for being a Syed. Those who can matyr the grandson of prophet pbuh called themselves Muslim too. Syed family was basically kicked out of the lands while the imams were being martyred. That's how we ended in this region.Well Syeds migrated to east and many settled in Punjab and Kashmir region. Syeds were the one to spread Islam more than a sword of invaders. I am a Syed and it's my honor to be from the bloodline of prophet pbuh . We are not perfect either, neither we are above any othe race or sect. So kill that theory that we consider ourselves above others, however, we do consider ourselves to be protector of true Islam and deen of prophet pbuh.
Plus my father told me once that it was also neseeat of prophet pbuh to go towards the mountains to be safe away from Dajjals shar. so my ancestors choose Pakistan/Kashmir region about 1000 years back migrating from Iraq iran to present day Pakistan. 90% of the Muslims of South Asia were introduced to Islam by Syeds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom