What's new

Muslim Punjabi Tribes and their origins

I think there has been a lot of mixing in Partihara-gurjara period with other invading parties from Bacteria and Syncithia. There is a sizeable Gujjar biraadri in Sikhism not as much as Jat but a good number.

Don't mistake gurjar for gujjars. Gurjar was ethnic group based in Indian Gujarat, formed by castes like brahmins, kashatriyas etc Gujjars are completly different and have little to do with them apart from similar sounding name. I'm pretty sure gujjars are very rare among sikhs. Ask some sikhs here, they will know. But jatts make about half of sikh population.

I got a question for native Punjabi bros here, why are some clans so opposed to intermarriage to people from other clans? I mean I've been told by some people that my clan (Butt) are looked down upon by the Rajputs and the other clans of Pakistan for intermarriage, why is that? Fortunately most of the Pakistani-Americans I know, don't care about caste or race/ethnicity when it comes to marriage/dating but I see how it's such a big deal in Pakistan.

People prefer to marry with in their own braderis. I'm sure most butts still marry other butts especially if its arange marriage. But said that now days even in rural areas people are becoming more open IMO. There will always be some racist people looking down on others for some reason or another, can't really blame any single braderi for it.

Last edited:
may b ramays or ramdays belongs to ramallah of palestine thats why they were called ramay or ramdays. you know over the time corrupting the name of a place is always a chance like areeha to arain
nice try dude trying to tell me about the history of my extended family (read the post again & btw Raamay has a martial origin. Why don't you as around for its meaning & no I'm not going to spoon feed).

Sir kabaddi da official logo ey..houn zehn ghanda hovey te asaan ki kariyee:lol:

NA Ramday means Lancers same as Rattay means furious red eye infantry soldiers like Karadaar or teerandaaz sub casts of Arain.

Sapals are GudSawaar.

Oohi zehan pur-ghanda te badlaan vich sunny leane hi nazar aandi eyy :lol:

Raamay means lancers. There weren't any Ramdays till well till my par nana went & took his cousins from Ramday village & brought them to Jallandhar for studies. Later onwards the family expanded like crazy with their high birth rates. Same as another branch of my family called Kingravis. Kingravi being from Khurley Kingray their village & the first person to use Kingravi was my father's mamo.

True because there are a bucketload of cases of people changing ancestry/caste as they move upwards. My family is very skeptical of people claiming to be Arains for example who cannot tell what their sub tribe (gott in Urdu/Punjabi) is for example. Many times when looking for rishtas, ostensible Arains have turned out to be well non Arains when their past was dug into. Same goes for a lot of Syeds, Awans etc. One historian puts it down to the fact that since arab descent is seen as something highly desirable, people moving upwards in Pakistan etc will fake their ancestry.
Dang bruh why y'all gotta look into the tribes and subtribes stuff, that's too much detail.

Arain may not be of Arab ancestry but we definitely don't look like Indians.

DokFvFv.jpg

Old pic of me and my cousin. I am on the right.
That's cause you look Pakistani lol, I have a friend from your tribe and I think his fams from Sargodha and his skin tone and eye shape are just like yours. Idk it's like some central asian influence around the eyes, Waseem Akram has eyes like that too.

People prefer to marry with in their own braderis. I'm sure most butts still marry other butts especially if its arange marriage. But said that now days even in rural areas people are becoming more open IMO. There will always be some racist people looking down on others for some reason or another, can't really blame any single braderi for it.
Yeah I'd say a lot of Butts still marry within but intermarriage with other groups isn't uncommon, I think we're not as chauvinistic. Butts for the most part are moderately religious and patriotic, so don't have any racial hang ups.

Don't mistake gurjar for gujjars. Gurjar was ethnic group based in Indian Gujarat, formed by castes like brahmins, kashatriyas etc Gujjars are completly different and have little to do with them apart from similar sounding name. I'm pretty sure gujjars are very rare among sikhs. Ask some sikhs here, they will know. But jatts make about half of sikh population.
No they were same, Gurjara Partihara dynasty had in later part some Rajput however not Brahmin. I can quote a lot of literature that supports it if you want. This dynasty stretched from ganga to Georgia and was cut in half by either mongols or Syncithians that is why Gujjars stretch so much. In Georgia a man came to Pakistan in search of Gujjars and was amazed to find so many similarities. In india Gujjars are known as Gurjar, or Gurjar parivar, Gorsi gujjar comes from Gusur one of sub tribes of yeuhzi. The reason why Gujjars have a lot of variation is geographical diversity plus amalgalm during Gurjara Partihara times. There is a lot of debate in historians some consider Gurjara desh as part of larger Gurjara Partihara country so possible some kings were ethnic Gurjars and modern day Gujjar as well as from other tribes in greater country who were also called Gurjara by nationality but not ethnicity. Like difference between Gujrati and Gujjar. Jatts, Rajput, gujjars all are part of Gujrat city and called Gujrati, but initial name was indeed based on Gujjar etnicity like Gujranwala or Gujar Khan but not necessarily a lot of gujjars remain there now.The link between Gurjar, gujjar and that dynasty is irrefutable.

One of my uncles who happen to be a Gujjar too was POW in 71 Bangladesh and was subsequently held by Indian Army. He found out that one of guards is Sikh Gujjar, he became friends and told him thr is a sizeable gujjar braadri in Sikhs.Actually there are a lot of Khatris also low caste or Mazhabi Sikhs

First Bhai, RAM RAM from a Gujjar brother from Gurgaon, India

India mea to haryana, western UP, delhi, rajasthan, gujarat, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal pradesh mea gujjars hain. india punjab mea bahut kam gujjars hain.

There will be total around 20 million gujjars in india both including hindu and muslims gujjars.

and gujjars and Jats mea jayda different nahi hain. jaha jaha gujjars hain, wahi jaato kea gaon bhi hotey hain. they fight each other and still they also love each other and support their each other cause.Dono ko like dislike same hoti hain and almost culture is also same. dono hi caste dhimak se padal hain. But from last 20-30 years Jaats are progressing very well . they are amazing in every field. They are competing with brahmins and punjabis in every respect. but still gujjars are backward due to less education.

i do not have much idea about history. but Prithavi raj chauhan and Great Samrat Mihir bhoj was gujjars. and they rule north india and central india around 500 years. or hum sab madya pradesh and gurjrat se aye hain. that is sure.

waise to there are many gujjars personalities in india , but right now most happening recent personality is manveer Gurjar in Big Boss season. Please do not forget to support him. and he is selected for big boss finale,

we are getting lots of support from pakistan too and its amazing to see the unity.

I would like to request to all gujjars brothers here on PDF that please spread the world. In North India: gujjars and Jats are supporting Manveer and running campaigns in favour of Manveer.

-------------------
How is the gujjars representation in pakistan and their populatiion in pakistan???
If you see my previous posts on this topic, I have given a long list of Pakistani Gujjars, we are doing as good as others if not more, but a lot better than what I hear from India, I think Gujjars in India need to educate and stop looking towards quotas. It is a surkh batti of truck.

Can you guys post some famous people from your clans (both men & women), I wanna get an idea of what they look like or if there is any visible difference at all.

Arain were refugees who were displaced by Arab invasion of Sindh. They invented Arab theory to feel good about themselves.

Arain were refugees who were displaced by Arab invasion of Sindh. They invented Arab theory to feel good about themselves.
your argument doesnt fit at all ... what was the need to accept islam for arains if they will eventually has to become refugees after 'ARAB' invasion of Sindh??? i dont get your theory

your argument doesnt fit at all ... what was the need to accept islam for arains if they will eventually has to become refugees after 'ARAB' invasion of Sindh??? i dont get your theory

Maybe they have accepted Islam through some Sufi saint or something, most Muslims rulers did nothing but loot and plunder, Islam thrived in South Asia because of great holy figures who spread Islam through their actions not mass murders.

It's just a theory I didn't mean to disrespect anyone here. But I'm 100% sure Arain are not Arabs or Syrians or whatever some people are saying on this thread.

Maybe they have accepted Islam through some Sufi saint or something, most Muslims rulers did nothing but loot and plunder, Islam thrived in South Asia because of great holy figures who spread Islam through their actions not mass murders.

It's just a theory I didn't mean to disrespect anyone here. But I'm 100% sure Arain are not Arabs or Syrians or whatever some people are saying on this thread.

:lol:

Arains are Punjabis bro. Arabs, Africans, or or whatever the case we are related as the human race. It's really not such an issue.

Is that you chaudhry sahib? True Arain are fellow Pakistanis, that's what really matters.

I might have had an arab ancestor thousands of years ago, but what would that matter today anyway? I speak Punjabi and I am a Pakistani.

I told you before, the solution to your skepticism is dilution. One Arab ancestor would not make me Arab, nor would one African ancestor make African. I am what I am by the grace of Allah swt. Who knows?? Maybe 5 generations down my bloodline my descendents may not even consider themselves Pakistanis? :lol:

It's something to think about. :D

Thanks Brother, yes i saw, its big. what would be total population in pakistan.
It is hard to say. No documented number but it is substantial. A lot of Gujjars in Gujrat, Faislabad, Jhelum, Kharian, Sarghoda, Narowal, Sialkot, Okara, Hazara etc

well that is your take but arab origin theory is very old & it didnt start when this forum or thread started :)
many jatts and Rajputs were converted to islam due to sufi saints so i guess we shudnt mix facts with theories

Back
Top Bottom