What's new

Musharraf calls Nawaz Sharif "closet Taliban"

Jet Li

Reaction score

Friday 7th January, 2011
(ANI)

Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has called former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif a "closet Taliban".

"I call Nawaz Sharif a closet Taliban. He's a man who is-who has been-in contact with Taliban. He is a man who, today, appeases the clerics and mawlawis [Sunni Islamic scholars] -- the extremists," Foreign Policy quoted Musharraf, as saying in an excusive interview.

When asked why he wanted to re-enter Pakistan politics when he had himself once said that being in charge of Pakistan may well be "the hardest job in the world," Musharraf replied: "[It's about offering] another alternative to the people of Pakistan. At this moment, they are stuck between two alternatives: the [ruling] People's Party and PML-N, the party of former prime minister and opposition leader Nawaz Sharif. If you look at both of them, [they are] dysfunctional."

"Moreover, he (Sharif) has tried [his hand at leadership as prime minister] twice in the past-and he has failed. Why are we giving him a third chance to destroy Pakistan? My new party is an alternative to the people of Pakistan with the hope of changing the conditions of the people of Pakistan and the state," he added.

The former military ruler said that presently, "there is such hopelessness, and there is such a sense of despondency in the people of Pakistan. It's worrisome. People are quitting Pakistan. They want to leave the country."

"There's a leadership vacuum, and no political party has the wherewithal to meet this challenge. What I've done really is to present to the people of Pakistan with "here's another, an alternative." [And] I have been tested also for nine years," he added.

Responding to a question as to why Pakistanis should give him another chance if they were not happy with him at the end of his presidency, Musharraf said: "I came into office on a very high pedestal; people wanted a change. Until 2007, I was very popular. And now with the situation that Pakistan is facing, my [favorability] graph has again gone up. Because Pakistanis now see what is happening."

"The poor man is seeing what is happening. Essential items' prices have gone up about four to five times [since I left office]... People have realized what has hit them. And a lot of people are calling me back, [saying] they want me back to save Pakistan. If you see my Facebook [page], which I launched eight months back, I have a fan [base] of 350,000 now today," he added. (ANI)

Musharraf is not quite right in claiming that. Nawaz Sharif In Actual is a Coward and would never comeup against Taliban openly just to secure his back. He's no sincere to no body. I remmember him in Exile talking to Western Media in their tones of
Musharraf and ISI Playing double game with west
and his claim of
being the real fighter in War On Terror If he was the head of the state
, while in Pakistan to the puclic he cried of Musharraf being an
ammerican aly killing muslims
. He's a True Hypocrite.

You guys can argue about the rest, but a Coward he is. Musharraf is right.

Fought 2 wars, I see. Umm, who paid for those wars? And who paid even more for him to decide to pull out of India which led to his disagreements with the then Army Chief?

Parda-nasheen.... yeap. Not pretending to be Mr. Rahi at least.

NS always support Taliban , and his ministers have relationship with ban organizations ...
Mushi should have hang NS when he take over the Govt

Fought 2 wars, I see. Umm, who paid for those wars? And who paid even more for him to decide to pull out of India which led to his disagreements with the then Army Chief?

Parda-nasheen.... yeap. Not pretending to be Mr. Rahi at least.
Wars never been paid , it's not vegetables , you will be buying from markets , Papau?
It' seems you don't know , what the hell we are talking about?
All you are trying too hard , is to show up as musharaf hatter, without any hard fact?

Although you think you are smart enough to indulge in a conversation, but you are not making sense, dude. Have fun defending your Stooge Sharif. You would not be saying this if his brother had murdered your pregnant wife.

Although you think you are smart enough to indulge in a conversation, but you are not making sense, dude. Have fun defending your Stooge Sharif. You would not be saying this if his brother had murdered your pregnant wife.

Actually he is not defending Sharif, he will be the last person to do that. Both of you gents misunderstood each other. He thought you are calling Musharraf Cowarad and hence his reply where as you were calling Sharif a coward. Right?

@batmannow

@IceCold

Yes sir. Musharraf is right. His main reason is strategic incompetency (if you know what I mean) on NS' part besides a million other reasons.

Friday 7th January, 2011
(ANI)

Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has called former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif a "closet Taliban".

"I call Nawaz Sharif a closet Taliban. He's a man who is-who has been-in contact with Taliban. He is a man who, today, appeases the clerics and mawlawis [Sunni Islamic scholars] -- the extremists," Foreign Policy quoted Musharraf, as saying in an excusive interview.

When asked why he wanted to re-enter Pakistan politics when he had himself once said that being in charge of Pakistan may well be "the hardest job in the world," Musharraf replied: "[It's about offering] another alternative to the people of Pakistan. At this moment, they are stuck between two alternatives: the [ruling] People's Party and PML-N, the party of former prime minister and opposition leader Nawaz Sharif. If you look at both of them, [they are] dysfunctional."

"Moreover, he (Sharif) has tried [his hand at leadership as prime minister] twice in the past-and he has failed. Why are we giving him a third chance to destroy Pakistan? My new party is an alternative to the people of Pakistan with the hope of changing the conditions of the people of Pakistan and the state," he added.

The former military ruler said that presently, "there is such hopelessness, and there is such a sense of despondency in the people of Pakistan. It's worrisome. People are quitting Pakistan. They want to leave the country."

"There's a leadership vacuum, and no political party has the wherewithal to meet this challenge. What I've done really is to present to the people of Pakistan with "here's another, an alternative." [And] I have been tested also for nine years," he added.

Responding to a question as to why Pakistanis should give him another chance if they were not happy with him at the end of his presidency, Musharraf said: "I came into office on a very high pedestal; people wanted a change. Until 2007, I was very popular. And now with the situation that Pakistan is facing, my [favorability] graph has again gone up. Because Pakistanis now see what is happening."

"The poor man is seeing what is happening. Essential items' prices have gone up about four to five times [since I left office]... People have realized what has hit them. And a lot of people are calling me back, [saying] they want me back to save Pakistan. If you see my Facebook [page], which I launched eight months back, I have a fan [base] of 350,000 now today," he added. (ANI)

And one should ask who created and promoted TTP? Who created the theory of Good and Bad Talibans?

Back
Top Bottom