What's new

Most Attractive Tourist Destinations in Pakistan

nice pics bro.

Unfortunately Pakistanis tend to forget that biggest tourist destinations are in fact big cities like Karachi and then Lahore.

90% of tourists will come to these big cities first and then may be may be decide to go to the places with your pics.

Thus we must change our attitude towards importance of having tourist friendly and peaceful Karachi and then Lahore and pindi.

All these cities got to cater to all foods and all religions and thoughts and customs.

If not,

it will remain useless to post these beautiful pictures because only a handful diehards will come to go there
and tourist industry in general will never pick up and become major source of dollars and business.

Just look around the world. Tokyo, New York, Miami, San Fran, LA, Beijing, Shingahi, Mumbai, Sidney, HK etc. are the main attractions. Only few travel onwards to Mount fuji, yellow springs, and Shimla.

Hope you don't mind me saying this.

@Slav Defence, @Luftwaffe, @WebMaster, @Jungibaaz, @jaibi, @notsuperstitious, @Azlan Haider, @ajpirzada, @DESERT FIGHTER, @AgNoStiC MuSliM, @Jazzbot, @Jf Thunder, @Hyperion, @JonAsad, @Nihonjin1051, @cirr, @Cherokee @Donatello, @Genesis, @Bamxa, @SarthakGanguly, @Cat Shannon,

i disagree with you we need to cash our mountainous areas if nepal can gather huge chunk of foreign tourists on name of himalayas then why cant we cash himalayas along Mighty karakorams and hindukush mountains range ( we own all major peaks of Karakorams and hindukush in pakistan ) , nepal doesnt have cities like we have in pakistan the diversity in climate weather and landscapes we own is way superior then nepal we own 3 mighty mountain ranges and the meeting point of these ranges are also in pakistan all we need is international and more domestic air ports along a regular flight services in mansehra and gilgit baltistan hope so Nawaz sharif kick off mansehra international air port as its going to boost the tourism industry as mansehra is the gateway of gilgit baltistan kaghan valley and azad kashmir too with beautiful passes around .,

Last edited:
we may saw decrease in foreign tourists after the incident of nanga parbat killing but what i observed this year in fairy meadows skardu deosai astore is record breaking number of local tourists went there against the perception of being unsafe in Gilgit baltistan i saw many foreign tourists there too along security personals what made me more happy was social media has given people awareness about pakistan's beautiful valleys and i am working on promotion of pak tourism from last 4 years on social media but our local tourists need to promote environment friendly tourism i saw foreign people cleaning mess on trek of fairy meadows towards beyal camp spread by our people :/ i felt ashamed that time when old men were cleaning the trek.

ffa2e6460e38554a5b62701de82e338d.jpg

she is one of my friend from bulgaria she always wished to visit great himalayas i convinced her to visit pakistan as it offers more diverse climate weather and landscape and told her about pakistan and its northern areas , she along her friend visited hunza valley in her first tour in 2012 then she came back to hunza again in 2013 nd visited kaghan valley , now days she is asking me if i could find her a house in gilgit baltistan she want to visit pakistan every year .

always wanted to visit G-B... Never got a chance....this year... il be leaving in december for skardu.. @aks18 any advice bro...

always wanted to visit G-B... Never got a chance....this year... il be leaving in december for skardu.. @aks18 any advice bro...

Bro must visit GB winters are really harsh in GB in december skardu temperature will be around -10 to -15 access to deosai will be impossible , best time to visit GB is from june to october , btw autumn season in GB is amazing now days Gilgit Baltistan is on firee

b75c607feda1b2808482db32041328d8.jpg

Bro must visit GB winters are really harsh in GB in december skardu temperature will be around -10 to -15 access to deosai will be impossible , best time to visit GB is from june to october , btw autumn season in GB is amazing now days Gilgit Baltistan is on firee

View attachment 146629

That is a bunch of baloney. Winter is the time to visit! If you're up to to the task that is :p The -15C is the best part. I love it! What a fairy land.

@DESERT FIGHTER don't listen to me, I'm a nut case!

Last edited:
That is a bunch of baloney. Winter is the time to visit! If you're up to to the task that is :p The -15C is the best part. I love it! What a fairy land.

hahahaha :P i never tried of -15 its just a torture to ur self in a place where u cant get enough to get ur self warm :D

hahahaha :P i never tried of -15 its just a torture to ur self in a place where u cant get enough to get ur self warm :D

-35 without windchill brother :D Used to live at a place with -20 and below for 6 months of the year.

Nice thread :tup: Some very nice and wondrous places I would love to visit one day soon.

How many foreign tourists(Not non-resident pakistanis) visit pakistan in 2014-2015?

Huge tourism potential these amazing places have and it must be tapped for economic boom

...... . . . .
The Nagar Valley

nagar-valley-hunza.jpg

The Nagar Valley is a valley near Gilgit Valley in the Gilgit Baltistan of Pakistan. The valley is part of Hunza Nagar District and is administratively subdivided into two tehsils namely Nagar-1 and Nagar-2. The valley is situated at an elevation of 2,438m (7,999 feet). Nagar Khas is the main town and the capital of the former state of Nagar. Spantik peak (Golden peak) can easily be seen from here. Gulmet is a popular tourist attraction in Nagar because of the spectacular scenery of the surrounding mountains like Rakaposhi at 7,788m (25,561), and Diran and more than 30 famous peaks.

The climate of Nagar remains pleasant from mid-April to the end of September. The maximum temperature in summer during the day is 13°C. The weather becomes very cold during the winter, mainly from October to end of March. The minimum temperature can be -14°C.

The Hopar Valley and Glaciers:

The Hopar Valley is a scenic portion of the Nagar Valley
hopar_glacier.jpg
in northern Pakistan. It is about 10 km away from Nagar Khas, the principal city of the Nagar Valley. Hopar Valley is the site of the Spantik and Hopar (Hopper) glaciers.

Hopar Valley is a cluster of villages around a natural bowl at a bend of Bualtar Glacier. Opposite Hopar Glacier (The Fastest moving in this region thats about 8inch per day.) the white Bualtar is joined by the Barpu Glacier. This is a base camp for treks into the high, glacier-draped peaks called the Hispar Muztagh.

The Hispar River/Glacier:

The Hispar River forms from
hispar_glacier.jpg
the melt water of the Hispar Glacier - a 49 kilometer-long glacier in the Northern Areas of Pakistan's Karakoram Mountains. The Hispar Glacier and river both flow northwest, passing through Hispar, Hopar and Nagar (Nagir) villages until the confluence with the Hunza River in the Hunza Valley.

Road conditions are spectacular at best, treacherous at worst. In August 2006, a bridge below Hispar village was condemned, and the Hunza River washed the road away at the confluence, eliminating all vehicular access to the entire valley for some months.

Rush Lake (Nagar):

Rush Lake is a high altitude lake
rush_lake.jpg
located near Rush Pari Peak (5,098 m). At over 4,694 meters, Rush is one of the highest alpine lakes in the world. It is located about 15 km north of Miar Peak and Spantik (Golden Peak), which are in the Nagar valley. Rush Lake and Rush Peak can be reached via Nagar and Hopar and via the Hopar Glacier (Bualtar Glacier) and Miar Glacier, which rises from Miar and Phuparash peaks.

The trek to Rush Lake provides spectacular views of Spantik, Malubiting, Miar Peak, Phuparash Peak and Ultar Sar.
... . . .

Back
Top Bottom