What's new

Morocco takes delivery of F-16 jets

kobiraaz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Morocco has taken delivery today of a first batch of 24 F-16 fighter jets from the United States as part of its air force modernization program, a senior U.S. officer said. Four F-16s were delivered to Morocco, Maj. Gen. Margaret Woodward of the U.S. Air Force told reporters in the southern city of Marrakesh. Another seven would be delivered at the beginning of 2012 and the remaining 13 in the following months, she added.

The 24 F-16s, the CD block 50-52 model, were among the most modern versions available, said Woodward.

The contract with the U.S., which includes the sale of equipment, services and pilot training, is worth an estimated $2.4 billion (1.7 billion euros).

The F-16s competed with the Rafale jet produced by France's Dassault to win the Moroccan deal.

The Benguerir air base north of Marrakesh took delivery of the aircraft in a ceremony attended by senior officers of the Moroccan and U.S. military, the MAP news agency reported.

800px-F-16_June_2008.jpg

Currently Royal Moroccan Air Force has Dassault Mirage, Northrop F-5 as fighter aircraft.
Dassault Mirage
F1EH.jpg

Northrop F-5
ws08.jpg

Wow, I think it would've been better if they went for EFTs and Dassault Rafales. After all, they do operate Mirages.

Wow, I think it would've been better if they went for EFTs and Dassault Rafales. After all, they do operate Mirages.

rafale is much expensive and Spain is the issue now to get arms from EU . Morocco buy from USA CHINA more .block-52 in nice choice sir .

These are just toy show piece man - They wont go to war So just toy ride for Moroccon Pilots if you know what i mean.

☪☪☪☪;1998652 said:
These are just toy show piece man - They wont go to war So just toy ride for Moroccon Pilots if you know what i mean.

you are wrong sir these are teeth of morocco against Sahrawi rebel national liberation movement Polisario.

wow, never thought i would see Morocco buy these planes! it looks beautifull in Magrhibi colours. i am happy they went for american rather than french this time. and good luck on hunting down those terrorists :sniper:

bangla fighter can you show the link to, it would be great!

Morocco took delivery on Thursday of a first batch of 24 F-16 aircraft from the United States as part of its air force modernisation programme, the military said.

The contract with the US, which includes the sale of equipment, services and pilot training, is worth an estimated $2.4 billion (1.7 billion euros).

The F-16s competed with the Rafale jet produced by France's Dassault to win the Moroccan deal.

The Benguerir air base north of Marrakesh took delivery of the aircraft in a ceremony attended by senior officers of the Moroccan and US military, the MAP news agency reported.

Morocco takes delivery of F-16 jets - Yahoo! Singapore Finance

"- -.......

Without cfts they look ugly with cfts they look awsum

24 F-16C/D Block 50/52 aircraft with either the F100-PW-229 or F110-GE-129 Increased Performance Engines (IPE) and APG-68(V)9 radars;

5 F100-PW-229 or F110-GE-129 IPE spare engines;

4 APG-68(V)9 spare radar sets;

30 AN/ALE-47 Countermeasures Dispensing Systems (CMDS)

30 AN/ALR-56M Radar Warning Receivers (RWR)

60 LAU-129/A Launchers;

30 LAU-117 Launchers;

6 Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems;

4 AN/ARC-238 Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System (SINCGAR)

radios with HAVE QUICK I/II;

24 Conformal Fuel Tanks (pairs);

4 Link-16 Multifunctional Information Distribution System-Low Volume Terminals;

2 Link-16 Ground Stations;

4 Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Embedded GPS/ Inertial Navigation Systems (INS); 12 AN/AAQ-33 SNIPER Targeting Pods or AN/AAQ-28 LITENING Targeting Pods 5 Tactical Air Reconnaissance Systems (TARS) or DB-110 Reconnaissance Pods (RECCE);

4 AN/APX-113 Advanced Identification Friend or Foe (AIFF) Systems;

28 AN/ALQ-211 Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suites (AIDEWS);

or 28 AN/ALQ-187 Advanced Self-Protection Integrated Suites (ASPIS II);

or 28 AN/ALQ-178 Self Protection Electronic Warfare Suites (SPEWS) 1 Unit Level Trainer

I must admit in desert camo the israeli vipers look the best but these look also good.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom