What's new

Modi's Kashmir policy takes a turn as govt okay with Hurriyat leaders meeting Pakistan officials

The_Showstopper

Reaction score
Country
India
Modi's Kashmir policy takes a turn as govt okay with Hurriyat leaders meeting Pakistan officials
imgnarendra-modi.jpg

Narendra Modi government has told the Parliament that Kashmiri separatist leaders can meet the representatives of any country in India. Picture [Representational Image]Reuters

In what can be seen as a major shift in its Kashmir policy, the Narendra Modi government has said that the Hurriyat Conference (separatist) leaders are free to meet the representatives of any country in India. The Indian government had earlier cancelled the Foreign Secretary-level talks with Pakistan when the Pakistan's High Commissioner, Abdul Basit, met Kashmiri separatist leaders.

The Modi government has been frowning upon the Pakistan-Hurriyat leaders meeting for last two years.

In August 2015, the National Security advisors' meeting between India and Pakistan got derailed, because the Modi government expressed its resentment towards Pakistan officials meeting separatist leaders. The government had ordered house arrest of Hurriyat leaders in Srinagar to prevent them from reaching New Delhi, the Times of India reported.

However, on April 28, the Minister of State for External Affairs, VK Singh, in a written reply in Parliament said since the entire state of Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of the Union of India and these so-called Kashmiri 'leaders' are Indian citizens, there is no bar on their meetings with representatives of any country in India.

Singh's reply pertained to a query regarding the presence of Hurriyat leaders at Pakistan Day (2016) celebrations.

He, however, ruled out the participation of a third party in the Indo-Pakistan dialogue process. "India has consistently maintained that there is no role for a third party in the bilateral dialogue between India and Pakistan as per the Simla Agreement and the Lahore Declaration. India's displeasure at Pakistan's attempts to interfere in India's internal affairs has been repeatedly conveyed to Pakistan," Singh said.

After many hiccups, India's Foreign Secretary, S Jaishankar, and his Pakistani counterpart, Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry, met in New Delhi on April 26 with both parties maintaining their stands on terrorism and Kashmir issue, respectively. While Pakistan brought up the Jammu and Kashmir dispute as the "core issue" during the talks, India raised the issue of the Pathankot attack and its investigation as well as the 26/11 Mumbai attack trial.

The separatist camp in Kashmir is currently battling divisions with hardline leader, Syed Ali Shah Geelani, heading a faction of the All Parties Hurriyat Conference (APHC) while the moderate faction is being headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq.

Modi's Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is currently in alliance with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state. PDP has been reportedly pressing the Modi government for a dialogue with Pakistan, which involves all the stakeholders, including the Hurriyat Conference.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/modis-kash...yat-leaders-meeting-pakistan-officials-676996

Congress leaders will be remembered for not doing shit, Only anti national activities....

This is why I like Modi and Imran
baat ke pakey...na na
qaul ke sachey...na na

NaMo will be remembered as the U-turn PM of India up on completion of his Term. :sick:

Jamhuriat may Guftagu Par Pabandi nahi honi chaiye. :p:

Where is the U turn ? it is just paid media hype.

All Indian citizens are free to meet anybody in India, including visiting pakistani diplomats.

There has been NO change in that policy.

The pakistani diplomats have been served a red line that they cannot meet hurriyat if they want the talks to continue.

The govt. also reserves the right to arrest any and all Indian citizens under the law to ensure smooth governance and government policies.

That doesnt change the fact that modi took a u turn on most of his promises.

Can you name three ?

That doesnt change the fact that modi took a u turn on most of his promises.

U Turn? On most of his promises? Yea umm sure buddy. For allowing Hurriyat to meet up with Pakistani officials, whereas Congress allowed these fukkers to move and roam freely within and outside of India makes a lot of sense. Perhaps there is more to this than just simply allowing a meeting?

Typical Congress mentality.... like a flock of sheep....you guys would follow the leader over a cliff...

U Turn? On most of his promises? Yea umm sure buddy. For allowing Hurriyat to meet up with Pakistani officials, whereas Congress allowed these fukkers to move and roam freely within and outside of India makes a lot of sense. Perhaps there is more to this than just simply allowing a meeting?

Typical Congress mentality.... like a flock of sheep....you guys would follow the leader over a cliff...

lol.. you must be the first one to accuse me of a congressi both in PDF and in real life..:rofl::rofl: For all the love one has towards BJP/modi his govt. foreign policy towards pakistan can no way be justified..

Can you name three ?

1. Deportation of Bangis - no word on that.
2. justice to 1984 sikh riot victims - not a word on that either.
3. Corruption - Though there are no scams in this regime not a single corrupt politician of last regime were arrested and prosecuted.
4. Don't get me started on the broken promises that BJP and modi made to people of A.P, ram mandir or Art. 370.
5. U have to just go through the facebook page of NIT srinagar students. They were beaten up in a state where bjp is part of ruling govt. jst bcz they hoisted the national flag. All this while BJP is at the center, such a disgrace to a party founded by syam prasad mukherjee..

3. Corruption - Though there are no scams in this regime not a single corrupt politician of last regime were arrested and prosecuted.
4. Don't get me started on the broken promises that BJP and modi made to people of A.P, ram mandir or Art. 370.
5. U have to just go through the facebook page of NIT srinagar students. They were beaten up in a state where bjp is part of ruling govt. jst bcz they hoisted the national flag. All this while BJP is at the center, such a disgrace to a party founded by syam prasad mukherjee..

1. Not in BJP Manifesto
2. SIT for Sikh riot set up
3. Currently Agusta scam is being probed. The govt. took time to settle in before it started to attack the congress. The very fact that Dr. swamy is now in rajya sabha is a clear proof that the next few years are going to be prosecution rich.
4. Art. 370 requires Majority in both house of parliament. Ram Mandir is in the court. CBN has no complaints about Modi.
5. The PDP has majority in kashmir and BJP is junior partner. Law and order is state subject and J&K cops are Muslims with little love for Hindus. So unless 370 is abolished, this nonsense has to continue. If Kashmiri pandits were not safe in J&K, it is foolish to expect that students will fare better.

CRPF was sent immediately to the area by the centre, local police was chased away and Students were allowed to raise the National flag with the help of CRPF. All the examples you gave are incorrect, Either you are incompetent, or lying..

CRPF was sent immediately to the area by the centre, local police was chased away and Students were allowed to raise the National flag with the help of CRPF. All the examples you gave are incorrect, Either you are incompetent, or lying..

lol.. sending in CRPF forces to the campus is the least any govt. would have done, after the local police bet up non-local students. do u think congress would have done anything different ?? It is CRPF that asked students to raise the flag, where did Center come anywhere in here ? Moreover the response of deputy CM of J&K who happens to be a BJP MLA was pathetic to say the least. The students of NIT are being threatened openly by faculty and local population, some girls were threatened of rape, and all the students request was to shift NIT to a neutral location and govt didn't pay an ear to their request..

https://www.facebook.com/nitsrinagarcrisis2016/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

Coming to the part of lying, this FB page is being run by the students of NIT- srinagar themselves, go through them and find out for yourself, if I am lying or you are being ignorant.

1- Cannot happen- Even If they promised they cannot do It- they fooled people who believed that- So what can be done and what are they doing ? Give all Bangladeshis who migrated refugee status with adhaar and other benefits, correct the voters rolls by removing all Bangladeshis from It, maintain a proper register of own citizen and refugees, fence the Border-

2- It is not easy- Especially since most witness have turned and changed their statements, most don't even want to be the part of It any more- The best they can do is declassify Historical facts of those days, restore the honor of Bhindranwale and other Martyrs- issue a public apology by GoI and Parliament for the misconduct- Which will be very hard-

3- I agree they have been slow in this regard But they don't have blank sheets- Bhujbal and Co- are in Jail, Coal and 2G cases will reach conclusion soon, Chiddu is being exposed and inquiry is on, Sonia and Rahul are out on bail(all thanks to Swamy but Congi laywers are dragging the case)-

4- People of AP is getting what they were promised in a phased manner- If you want a Bihar like announcement then It can be done there also however the funds will still come in a phased manner- Ram Mandir was not their promise the matter is in SC and they should stay away from it for their own good- Art 370 is the binding block between Kashmir and India It cannot be removed- Period- AFA relaxations for Indians in Kashmir is concerned It can only happen If BJP or a Central party like Congress wins majority in the assembly-

5- NIT students were stupid and they got the stick they deserved- I understand these kinds of tactics done during examination months in Universities to get the dates postponed now I am not accusing all of them, But the issue should not have gone that far- And their idiotic demands like transferring NIT from Sri Nagar is laughable at best- It would be victory for the separatists and suit their agendas very well- They should study and get good Jobs or join the establishment and administration to Bring any change- They can also do politics when they have studied enough- Being a monkey will only get them as much respect as Kanhayaa Kumar and his idiotic followers get-

PS- The biggest problem for BJP is lack of or slow Job growth- This would be the single factor which will boot them out of power in 2019 If they don't act soon enough-

1. Not in BJP Manifesto

Then why should modi make tall promises before elections ??

2. SIT for Sikh riot set up

Nothing different from what congress or AAP did. Doing its best to procrastinate the inquiry.

3. Currently Agusta scam is being probed. The govt. took time to settle in before it started to attack the congress. The very fact that Dr. swamy is now in rajya sabha is a clear proof that the next few years are going to be prosecution rich.

No one in BJP can take credit for this, it is an italian court that investigated the scandal and named sonia in corruption charges. Dr. Swamy is doing his bit to screw gandhi parivar, but is he getting any support from BJP is questionable. Govt. should have atleast shown its intent by grilling vadra in illegal land scam, but they didn't.

4. CBN has no complaints about Modi.

U wish...:rofl:

5. The PDP has majority in kashmir and BJP is junior partner. Law and order is state subject and J&K cops are Muslims with little love for Hindus. So unless 370 is abolished, this nonsense has to continue. If Kashmiri pandits were not safe in J&K, it is foolish to expect that students will fare better.

Exactly, things didnt change even after BJP came to power. For all the hype created, no one really cares about modi.. Instead of taking firm action against those that harm the interests of nation, modi is rather soft on these elements.

lol.. sending in CRPF forces to the campus is the least any govt. would have done, after the local police bet up non-local students. do u think congress would have done anything different ?? It is CRPF that asked students to raise the flag, where did Center come anywhere in here ? Moreover the response of deputy CM of J&K who happens to be a BJP MLA was pathetic to say the least. The students of NIT are being threatened openly by faculty and local population, some girls were threatened of rape, and all the students request was to shift NIT to a neutral location and govt didn't pay an ear to their request..

Coming to the part of lying, this FB page is being run by the students of NIT- srinagar themselves, go through them and find out for yourself, if I am lying or you are being ignorant.

Considering how the congress govt. had stopped BJP members from raising the flag in J&.K earlier. I am pretty sure if cong govt. was at center they would not have done jack shit on this. You wanted to create an inference stating BJP govt. did nothing, which is an absolute fallacy, Even otherwise its PDP govt. who holds majority of the seats in Kashmir, its them who are to blame on this. Its only expected people would somehow twist and turn their logic to somehow blame BJP on this...

These kind of things happen in every Collage or University, I was threatened to be rusticated and barred for sitting exams of one semester when some of us did not allow our Collage to be re-named as Rajeev Gandhi collage- They had already named our grounds Rajeev Gandhi without us being informed- The president was of NSUI and he remained mum about this so we took the matters in our own hands and broke the smarak before the putla could be installed- later on I struggled to keep up my marks as I had to clear the papers that semester, Later I realized It was my own loss but every time I pass by and notice that empty place where now they have planted flowers- I feel some action during Collage days are okay- I don't blame the Govt- or the Collage Administration they did what they had to do- I would have done the same in their place-

Back
Top Bottom