What's new

Mitsubishi FS-X

Thunder.Storm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
During the 1990's the JASDF was looking for an F-1 replacement and as we all know they chose to build a modified F-16. Mitsubishi did propose a homegrown jet for this requirement but US aerospace companies did all they could to prevent them from building it, and it worked. Suppose Mitsubishi's jet was chosen and became the F-2, how would this affect Japan's military development?
For those who wonder what Mitsubishi's original FS-X fighter design would've looked like, here are some images.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.png
4.jpg

i think pak should buy this design. and build it our own twin jet.

then what the logic giving a suggestion which not going to materialize :P

During the 1990's the JASDF was looking for an F-1 replacement and as we all know they chose to build a modified F-16. Mitsubishi did propose a homegrown jet for this requirement but US aerospace companies did all they could to prevent them from building it, and it worked. Suppose Mitsubishi's jet was chosen and became the F-2, how would this affect Japan's military development?
For those who wonder what Mitsubishi's original FS-X fighter design would've looked like, here are some images.
View attachment 253278 View attachment 253279 View attachment 253280 View attachment 253281

Not Bad !
PAF should think about it :)

3-png.253280

The above is too su-27-ish
img_5

I like it. It looks like almost sukhoi but it also shares similarities with other jets. Cool design

looks like it took elements from the Gripen,F-15,F16. and F-18 :azn:

if they had a real fighter program different class then they would have been advanced by now and some country would surely buy them

Back
Top Bottom