What's new

Military Training.

thorosius

Reaction score
Most countries including USA are using simulators for all kinds of military training. And one of the most important usage of simulations is to generate real life battle conditions and war scenarios for tactical and operational training. Has Pakistan made gains in this field? Or are there any plans for the future? These simulators can be developed indigenously with a little struggle as well.

Most countries including USA are using simulators for all kinds of military training. And one of the most important usage of simulations is to generate real life battle conditions and war scenarios for tactical and operational training. Has Pakistan made gains in this field? Or are there any plans for the future? These simulators can be developed indigenously with a little struggle as well.

Well at least with the aircraft I would say that there is defintely usage of such equipment (for example there were a number of items purchased as part of the F-16 purchase.) Also I am sure there are probably a few tank simulators as well.

The area where they probably do not have such simulators is the infantry training laser training systems. They provide invaluable realistic training. However they are an expensive system.

I think at least for aircraft the air force should acquire some simulators.

This is a JF-17 simulator at the 2006 China Air Show:

Last edited by a moderator:
PAF has taken a step forward and simulators are being developed or purchased for F-7P/PG, Mirage and C-130. But these simulators ( except for C-130) are not the one which you might have seen in videos etc that are mounted on hydraullic stands and move in 3D, but these simulators are just real cockpit replicas and do not move .But still great assistence for pilots converting on these aircrafts.

We have to keep in mind that Mirages,A-5,F-7 and even our F-16s are more than 20 year old jets, no one had developed their simulators when these aircrafts were inducted in PAF . And secondly , now the real simulators (that move around) cost 3 to 5 times more than the actual cost of aircraft. Its a luxuary which we cannot afford.

There is a unit level trainer being supplied with the new F-16's. Type remains to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom