What's new

Military Related Questions

Thanks Tami, my question was slightly different. If pilots are using peddles etc don't you think small error in their judgement can lead to accident. I was looking for something that kind of guarantees that wheels are aligned to start with.

I have a question that needs answering:

Why is the army (in particular, Pakistan Army) so awesome?

Thanks Tami, my question was slightly different. If pilots are using peddles etc don't you think small error in their judgement can lead to accident. I was looking for something that kind of guarantees that wheels are aligned to start with.

If you are still interested, the answer is very simple. On the ground, the rudder pedals are tied to the nose wheel across a very small arc, like +/- 8 degrees, more than adequate to track the centerline of the runway. When sharp turns on the ground are needed, there is a device called a tiller (like a small car steering wheel) to one side that moves the nose gear in a much larger arc.

Rolling takeoffs are a combination of tiller (to make the sharp turn onto the runway), followed by rudder pedals only. Tracking to the center line with the pedals is very easy with a bit of practice. Steering with the feet is not natural, but by the time a pilot is flying a Boeing or Airbus, it is as natural as driving down a road. You don't even have to think about it.

The only possible way to screw up is if one engine doesn't spool up, the other goes to full power, AND the pilot does not throttle back, AND the runway is slippery, AND the pilot is a moron. It simply doesn't happen.

HTH

I have a question.All military and civil planes have 'blackbox' which records the massage when plane crashes,it's material is that much solid that it can't be harmed in crash whereas,plane burst into flames so,why don't company makes planes of that material so that the plane remains safe even after crash ?:undecided:

I have a question.All military and civil planes have 'blackbox' which records the massage when plane crashes,...
No...Not all. And what is recorded are very limited flight data in short duration.

...it's material is that much solid that it can't be harmed in crash whereas,plane burst into flames so,why don't company makes planes of that material so that the plane remains safe even after crash ?:undecided:
It is not the material but the physical construction of the recorder. It is designed and constructed to be robust enough to protect the recording mechanism and medium. No more. If the crash is powerful enough, the casing can be severely damaged but as long as the recording medium, be it tape of solid state devices, survive, that is all that matter.

No...Not all. And what is recorded are very limited flight data in short duration.

It is not the material but the physical construction of the recorder. It is designed and constructed to be robust enough to protect the recording mechanism and medium. No more. If the crash is powerful enough, the casing can be severely damaged but as long as the recording medium, be it tape of solid state devices, survive, that is all that matter.

Also if the entire plane was to be made of that 'hard' material the weight to size ratio increases - not guud for flying.

I want to wrote a letter to Army chief Generl Ashfaq Pervez kayani so any tell me about the postal address of Army chief PLZ PLZ.

Sir i want to wrote a letter to Army chief so plz give me the postal address of Army chief.thanx

Nice thread, let me see if I can get my question answered here.

Hi,
I want someone who has flown a plane to help me understand this. Whenever I take a flight I wonder how does the pilot make sure that the plane is in correct position to take off. I mean when run with that kind of speed even if you are slightly off you will go off the runway. I have seen plane take a turn to main runway and then almost immediately take off.

How do they mange to do it. Also same thing in landing, how does they know they will be straight and how do they manage to know right distance to land.

I still need to understand this.

I tried Google but the answer was very technical, I need a laymen answer.

I am no pilot but i have some knowledge with the subject due to being with the pilots, on bigger aircraft it is very easy because the the larger tha plane,more the mass adn more power is required adn it is done by the rudder,on the tail of an aircraft............and while takeoff there are two types....one is rolling take off adn other is stationary takeoff.the rolling takeoff is that the airplane after taxiing adn reaching the runway does not stop to put the engines to full capacity adn check their performance,instead the plane in a continuous motion after reaching the runway commences the takeoff thrust without stopping.This is more dangerous because the engines were not checked for performance while on the runway and hence might fail.But this is the preffered method in busier airports in which the takeoff adn landing slots are open for only a few minutes.In stationary the aircraft simply stops on the start of the runway to get the engine performance and then takes of......HOPE THIS HELPS!

can anybody tell me where the ammunition for the cobras at multan army aviation base is stored?...anyboy who has been stationed in multan aviation base will be more helpful if the ammo is inside the base!

can anybody tell me where the ammunition for the cobras at multan army aviation base is stored?...anyboy who has been stationed in multan aviation base will be more helpful if the ammo is inside the base!

^^DO you need the exact coordinates/GRs or just the general location?

^^DO you need the exact coordinates/GRs or just the general location?

have you been to multan aviation base?....if so then yes the almost exact location.......adn also in general of the whole army i.e ammo for tanks fighter aircraft and such....where is it stored.....in infantry it is in the 'kot'...am i right?

Ok.

How about i give you the location of our nukes, instead?

Back
Top Bottom