What's new

Meryl Streep accused of being 'anti-Israel'

Gothic

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-speech-says-Natalie-Portman-Jerusalem.html

Meryl Streep has been accused of being 'anti-Israel' after she said Natalie Portman was from Jerusalem at the Golden Globes.

Streep, who was honored with the Cecil B. DeMille lifetime achievement award on Sunday, had launched a blistering attack on Donald Trump in front of a room of stunned Hollywood stars.

But while the president-elect may have been the target, the three-time Oscar winner managed to insult football, MMA and now, according to some, the state of Israel.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Natalie-Portman-Jerusalem.html#ixzz4VNReFd00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Election is done, people have chosen their leader, there is no point whining over it now Hollywood, just move on, Trump is a clown no doubt, but these everyday anti Trump dramabazi by self righteous, elitist, white American intellectuals have become extremely irritating now

"Natalie Portman is an actress, producer and director with dual American and Israeli citizenship." From her biography

Doubt there was any thing out of ordinary in her statement

Election is done, people have chosen their leader, there is no point whining over it now Hollywood, just move on, Trump is a clown no doubt, but these everyday anti Trump dramabazi by self righteous, elitist, white American intellectuals have become extremely irritating now
Exactly....I can't understand this endlesswhining...trump is an idiot no second thoughts about that....I remember press and Hillary making hue and cry after trump said that if he lost election it would be because of rigging....media lambasted him for questioning the democratic process....now that he has won...the same media is questioning his victory!!

Exactly....I can't understand this endlesswhining...trump is an idiot no second thoughts about that....I remember press and Hillary making hue and cry after trump said that if he lost election it would be because of rigging....media lambasted him for questioning the democratic process....now that he has won...the same media is questioning his victory!!
Trump wining is the result of a silent jihad by the blue collar people against the Malibu living fakestars and sanctimonious heavily biased media houses. Every time I see Hillary she seems so fake and utterly predictable, Hillary is an archetypal politician and a liar, she stood for everything that working class people hate, you can't just ask for vote on the basis of how evil your opponent is, no wonder even women did not vote for her on mass. Americans elected a racist over a corrupt politician because they wanted it, now no amount of bitching and whining is gonna change that.

40cm-Teddy-Bear-Ted-Plush-Dolls-Man-s-Ted-Bear-Stuffed-Plush-Talking-Teddy-Bear-love.jpg

Ted joked that Jews controlled Tinsel Town and keeping them
happy was a pre-condition for working there.
But the head of the Anti-Defamation League didn’t appreciate the joke,
calling the bit "was offensive and
not remotely funny," the ADL wrote in its statement. "It
only reinforces stereotypes which legitimize anti-Semitism. It is sad
and disheartening that the Oscars awards show sought to use anti-Jewish
stereotypes for laughs.

Trump is a racist, bigoted, misogynist who should be hounded for the pillock that he is

dramabazi by self righteous, elitist, white American intellectuals

Who are in no position to judge anyone else.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/09/opinions/meryl-streep-hollywood-hypocrisy-stanley/index.html

Theres nothing to argue about:

Attacking Trump's divisive rhetoric towards immigrants, Streep said that 'Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners.'

"The beautiful Ruth Negga was born in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and was raised in Ireland... Ryan Gosling, like all the nicest people is Canadian. And Dev Patel was born in Kenya, raised in London, is here playing an Indian, raised in Tasmania.

Sarah Paulson was born in Florida... Amy Adams was born in Vicenzia, Italy, and Natalie Portman was born in Jerusalem. Where are their birth certificates?"

She was mentioning the stardom of Hollywood and how actors and actresses are from all over the world. If anything i'm triggered that she didnt say Dev Patel was raised in London, England, UK.

Election may be done but democracy isn't done yet............Sorry to disagree, but your argument lacks objectivity. If the US people want to criticize Trump then they have every right to do so even if it's his last day in the oval office. Just because Trump has become the president now so it means that the US has become KSA?

Trump should be a lesson to every democratic politician

That you may have a vote bank but you will represent 100% of your constituency when in power

If you through prejudice, stupidity and a fat mouth isolate and inspire hatred and anger in everyone outside your core voters you will find rule mired in difficulty because the people you managed to insult will give you NO CHANCE and they will be ready to butcher you the first moment you fall

Why are two bit Bharatis living half a world away so concerned with everything related to Trump and the politics of liberals vs conservatives in America???

Election may be done but democracy isn't done yet............Sorry to disagree, but your argument lacks objectivity. If the US people want to criticize Trump then they have every right to do so even if it's his last day in the oval office. Just because Trump has become the president now so it means that the US has become KSA?

US people has every right to criticize Trump, Obama, even batman for all I care, but since I am too entitled to have an opinion (Which does not matter zilch anyways) so all I am saying is hollywood's criticism of Trump is hollow and lacks substance as these cocktail celebrities living in mansions and penthouses are at the top of the social stratum and will never be exposed to the real migrant related problems faced by ordinary Americans, their exposure to immigrants does not go beyond their mexican maids and Turkish gardeners, they don't have their kids gunned down or jobs taken away by migrants, no social ills will ever touch them directly. So, hollywood celebs should limit themselves doing what they do best that is wardrobe malfunctions and adopting babies. Again this is my opinion, you are free to disagree.

Not sure why did you bring KSA here, USA was thousand times better than KSA even before abolishing slavery

US people has every right to criticize Trump, Obama, even batman for all I care, but since I am too entitled to have an opinion (Which does not matter zilch anyways) so all I am saying is hollywood's criticism of Trump is hollow and lacks substance as these cocktail celebrities living in mansions and penthouses are at the top of the social stratum and will never be exposed to the real migrant related problems faced by ordinary Americans, their exposure to immigrants does not go beyond their mexican maids and Turkish gardeners, they don't have their kids gunned down or jobs taken away by migrants, no social ills will ever touch them directly. So, hollywood celebs should limit themselves doing what they do best that is wardrobe malfunctions and adopting babies. Again this is my opinion, you are free to disagree.
Hollywood people are also the citizens of the US.......Regardless of what people do or are by profession, no one can stay aloof to the political set up of their respective state. Going by your logic: Trump doesn't deserve to be a President either and should stick to his business activities, No? Everyone is open to express their views but at-least an iota of sensibility should always be there.

Hollywood people are also the citizens of the US.......Regardless of what people do or are by profession, no one can stay aloof to the political set up of their respective state. Going by your logic: Trump doesn't deserve to be a President either and should stick to his business activities, No? Everyone is open to express their views but at-least an iota of sensibility should always be there.

Yes, everyone is entitled to have an opinion, including me and you, what I said is my opinion

Back
Top Bottom