What's new

Men - The Forgotten Gender

Watch this video guys, It speaks of the hypocrisy in our society...

I had talked about this here on PDF regarding such laws in the West but people had laughed at the issue and claimed that I was everything from hater of West to backward...to the point that I loved women oppression soo much that I couldnt digest "liberal" laws!

On topic dowry is a curse on both men and women and a further curse on the families (esp the woman's family needing to collect it and on men's family who cant stop demanding) Drop the bloody tradition and move to the new century already!

A question : Why are in laws (sister in laws, brother in laws and children) harassed (dragged to police station or charged under the code and eventually leading to suicide) under this law? - as per the presentation?

I had talked about this here on PDF regarding such laws in the West but people had laughed at the issue and claimed that I was everything from hater of West to backward...to the point that I loved women oppression soo much that I couldnt digest "liberal" laws!

On topic dowry is a curse on both men and women and a further curse on the families (esp the woman's family needing to collect it and on men's family who cant stop demanding) Drop the bloody tradition and move to the new century already!

A question : Why are in laws (sister in laws, brother in laws and children) harassed (dragged to police station or charged under the code and eventually leading to suicide) under this law? - as per the presentation?

tradition of dowry has began to cease in India, of late not many are seen demanding dowry compared to 2-3 decades ago. Especially with women getting educated, doing jobs and earning similar to that of there male counterparts negates the very notion of dowry. The cases discussed above are mostly false accusations by bride on grooms family...

Generally when women file an anti dowry/ domestic violence case they include the entire husbands family as accused, and according to Indian law all those who are accused in the FIR are to be arrested for investigation, this at times leads to even minors getting arrested.. One of my relatives father-in-law committed sucide after she filed a domestic violence case against her husband family.. that poor fellow was good by heart and couldn't handle the humiliation of being arrested, the very day he got bail he hung himself in his house..:(

Last edited:
tradition of dowry has began to cease in India, of late not many are seen demanding dowry compared to 2-3 decades ago. Especially with women getting educated, doing jobs and earning similar to that of there male counterparts negates the very notion of dowry. The cases discussed above are mostly false accusations by bride on grooms family...
How do you make a fake case? Ok said case is made why is the in laws harassed to the point of young children ages 2-3 (as shown in presentation) ...Apparently I didnt get that part though it may be obvious...

Generally when women file an anti dowry/ domestic violence case they include the entire husbands family as accused, and according to Indian law all those who are accused in the FIR are to be arrested for investigation, this at times leads to even minors getting arrested..
Ok that answers my question but doesnt the law protect minors and unrelated people like really old people?

One of my relatives father-in-law committed sucide after she filed a domestic violence case against her husband family.. that poor fellow was good by heart and could handle the humiliation of being arrested, the very day he got bail he hung himself in his house..:(
That is sad....

A little disgusting of how laws are manipulated and misused :(

Ok that answers my question but doesnt the law protect minors and unrelated people like really old people?

as of now the law is totally infavor of wife, it is the prerogative of the wife to decide who all to be named as accused in the fir, all those are to be arrested for investigation and it is the court to decide if the accused are guilty or not. thankfully there is news circling around that govt is taking steps in order to make the rule more compoundable and to stop its misuse...

Centre set to prevent misuse of anti-dowry harassment law : India, News - India Today

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom