What's new

MAYA CALANDER THE REASON FOR THE WORLD END IN 2012

A.Muqeet khan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
in the old days when people needed to keep the track of the religious fairs or harvest they had to do something that would keep them from getting of scent so the use of calenders was necessarily .Maya civilization is one of those civilizations that made use of these things ,although not the first nation to use it ,this civilization is yet quite famous for its use.They are the people who at the same time used 3 different calendars sometime's simultaneously.The importance of calendar in the maya civilization is nearly as paramount as it is today .these people used to create highly mesmerizing cravings on the piece of rock as to keep track of the days. the remains of the calendars discovered shows that they were highly accurate even if very complex Yucatán Mexico and a few other places where Mayan paramids still survive, calendars can be seen .
According to historians there were three calendars that were in use yet it is the Long Count calendar with which we are going to deal with as many belive that this calendar is the reason that earths going to end at 2012 at it itself ends at 2012.
given below is the table that deals with the basics of Mayan calender

Table of Long Count units
Days Long Count period Long Count period Approx solar years
1 = 1 K'in
20 = 20 K'in = 1 Winal 0.0548
360 = 18 Winal = 1 Tun 0.985
7,200 = 20 Tun = 1 K'atun 19.7
144,000 = 20 K'atun = 1 B'ak'tun 394.3

now if we are to look at our date its something like ‎08-‎Jun-‎11, see in this way all the date is given in just three ways but in maya calander its something like
lets see what this means .First of all let me tell u this that their calander is based on the base 20 for example if we have 19 days it would be written as 0.0.0.0.19 . If we are to consider 20 day we would write it as 0.0.0.1.0 simillary if we are to write the 28 days it would be like 0.0.0.1.8
now we know that one uinal is equal to 20 days and we know that 18 uinal (18*20)is equal to 360 once we reach 18 uinal it means that we have reached tun note the anomaly that in uinal 18 was base not 20 .Any how moment we reach 360 days it means we have reached 1 tun there fore we will write 0.01.0.0 simillary when we reach 20 tun we will reach 1 katun or 7200 days we would write 0.1.0.0.0 simillarly when we reach 20 katun we will reach 1 b'ak'tun or 1.0.0.0.0 . I dont know about u guys but trust me i was really fasinated with this .now people say that on 21 december 2012 world would end . I persnally find it a bit stupid and why shouldnt i i mean world is not some magic ball that go whoosh out of sight, any how many people argue that the calander is coming to its end i or in simple words it on 21 dec 2012 the maya calander would be like 9.9.9.9.9 then what there is no more date after that .To me its the same as a the meter in car which tell us how far we have driven .When it reaches 999999 we all know that it would just reset it self what else .Here is something for u guys heed it well .
Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization FAMSI, notes that "for the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". She considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in.
Maya calander the reason for the world end in 2012. ~ its all about u

Back
Top Bottom