What's new

MARTIAL LAW: INEVITABLE REMEDY TO STOP CORRUPTION IN PAKISTAN

Indeed. But Imran Khan is a tool. He has no clear policy, he cries like a child does when losing in a sport.
but he has brigade of idiots, which he can use to strengthen Zardari and NS against army.
You know he sowed the seed of releasing terrorists from jail by hook or crook.

Last edited:
Martial Law is a history in Pakistan and I don't foresee in near future. Probably not before 2025 or never.

Regarding the Foreign Reserves we all know the reserves were depleted to around 6.5 billion dollars back in 2009? not far after Musharraf exiting the show. We all know about the reasons of sudden downfall in the reserves as the reserves were stabilised artificially from 2007 onwards. We had a great economic boom between 2004-07 and there is no doubt about the good economic policies of the government.

Having said that, I foresee major economic improvements in the upcoming months as this Government has certainly proven to be better than it's predecessor (PPP) in terms of economic policies and reforms. What do you think is the right figure for foreign reserves if you are analysing the economy by foreign reserves only?

Belgium has about 2.25x larger GDP than us, highly developed, 13x more exports than us, 20 times more GDP per capita, technically one of the highly developed country on earth and yet her foreign reserves are only 2x more than us? Same goes for Australia, Spain and many other developed countries. These countries despite being money rich do not have large foreign reserves as compared to USA, Japan, China or India.

Are we really better than Ireland who has 10 times less foreign reserves than us but every economic indicator is 10-20 times better?

Unknown country like Algeria has about 20x times more reserves as compared to us, but everything else is Average to OK.

Foreign reserves is not the sole parameter of analysing economy. If the author's sole base of analysing the economy is the foreign reserves and Martial Law should be brought back just for this reason then I feel like committing suicide by laughing out loudly.

Non can at once, even IK his team won't perform miracles, IK and his team would first have to establish rules and laws and enforce them upon all departments would have to be unbiased, uncorrupt merit established
I agree with what you are saying but what you suggested is Something I suggested and realized that even the West hasnt been able to do...They still go with divide and rule concept...

In the West everything is broken into states which are further broken and each state has its own law and set of regulations...with the "main leader" collecting all the data and saying the final word....So casting something on all dept and going unbiased and un corrupt is really a dream...

Another problem with IK is that he unfortunately took into his party the lootayray from other party who came in as greedy pigs to harrap as they did in their old party...

and a mass accountability task would be undertaken investigations and legal matters/courts that is all long and tiring and all the blah blah that'll take their 5 years away. The next 5 years after wards would could be considered on the right flight path to progress if a right political party is chosen which is highly unlikely.

Well, we all know everything is for sale in Pakistan from the justice system to the people's votes!

We should never ignore the fact about our foreign reserves that the major chunk of our foreign reserves are the money loaned to us by the IMF. We have to return this money back to them. Our foreign reserves are also increased when we receive aid from the United States of America and the friends of Democratic Pakistan.

When we receive IMF loan, the foreign reserves increases dramatically as is the case from 2008-12 when we were receiving tranches of loan every now and than. But when it is the time to pay back, the reserves are bound to drop just as is happening from 2013 onwards. Now the reserves are increasing once again after the new agreement and there is no doubt it will exceed beyond 15 billion dollars once again in the upcoming months.

The true reserves are those which you really own yourself. That is still about 5-6 billion dollars owned by your banks. We have to increase the reserves but the reserves will automatically increase when we increase our exports. The exports will automatically increase when we increase our production, offer cheaper gas & electricity and most importantly offer uninterrupted Gas & Electricity. The cheaper your production cost is, the higher the chance of exports they are. The higher the exports they are, the more the foreign reserves are.

It will also help curtail the gap between large import bills and tiny exports we currently have. The bottom line is, the whole structure of economy is linked to each other and you cannot sideline the foreign reserves and start analysing economy on the basis of Foreign Reserves.

Things have changed now Army is exercising their power in covert way that is you fulfill our demands we let you do what you want. We won't see Martial Law come by that easy unless the civilian rulers cause damages other than that the new Army is all Ok with you help me I let you do it all. You can the see the desperation of Air Force and Navy Chief visiting twice dollar dar to give us some money but it is all pathetic, only Army [top brass] seem satisfied, anyway i am not blaming entire Army and all such fkups have taken place 3-4 times in the past that is the reality.

Even such covert exercise of power by the Army is illegal, and the incessant demands for money that the economy simply cannot afford represent just any type of corruption of purpose, worse than mere financial corruption.

The end result is that such a system, so far removed from its original intent, simply cannot deliver any semblance of progress or social development for a majority of its people.

Being a writer and being an accomplished and established writer are two far far different things.
Conspiracy against Pakistan Army
Posted by dkazi013April 20, 2014
Conspiracy against Pakistan Army | Straight from Danish Kazi

What an interesting day today? The whole day has been a glimpse of what has been around our Pakistan Army and the Politicians. To summarize it started with the Prime Minister attending the passing out parade at PMA Kakul. Then right after which news of Gen Pervez Musharraf shifting to Karachi and then the attack on Hamid Mir a GEO news anchor in the city of Karachi. The main drama has been a brazen verbal attack on ISI for being behind it due to concerns raised by Hamid Mir earlier to his family and his organization. What a day?

Now what may transpire to be many conspiracy theories. But this is what my take is. A few days ago after our Defence Minister and Minister for Railways unleashed against our Army on the issue of Gen Pervez Musharraf there was clear friction between the Army and the civilian government. Though I doubt that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was oblivious of the statements brazenly. The Army’s counter statement and their resilience in my view on the issue of Gen Pervez Musharraf has been the first semblance of a coup brewing up against the government.

Last week’s meeting between Army Chief , DG ISI and CAOS and the Prime Minister and his team was meant to calm down things followed by a meeting between Ishaq Dar and the Army Chief on the budget. All signals towards things calming down followed by the Defense Minister’s statement denying speaking against the Army. All signals towards a positive development for the political government.

But then come April 19th 2014. We see Prime Minister speaking to the passing out cadets at PMA reinforcing the need of sustaining the democracy. In my view the body language of the Army Chief was subtle and that of some one who is being nice to his guest. Than suddenly when the passing out is over. We hear that Gen Pervez Musharraf is leaving Islamabad. Initial reports were clear that he is heading to Karachi but certain sections of society were concerned on his possible departure from Pakistan. Than suddenly when news was brewing up of the departure suddenly you hear that Hamid Mir was attacked whilst coming out of Karachi Airport.

Now my take on that is isn’t it possible that some group of individuals are trying to shoot down two or maybe three birds with one arrow or one attack. Suddenly, the warming relations between the army and the government would be on the back foot as the media outrage against the ISI openly and their quietness on which would pressure the relations as the Pakistan Army would like its government to defend its Army for what is just hypothesis and hollow accusations as many could have benefit from Hamid Mir’s raised concerns against DG ISI and could have made use of it. Second, it looks like some one wants to punish the Army for siding with Gen Pervez Musharraf and especially supporting him all the way till now where he is now been moved to Karachi at the moment. Also, some one want to punish them as the Army has shown its discontent with regards to on going peace talks with terrorists Talibans. Thirdly making Hamid Mir another Hero and this time a media anchor personality who can quickly ascend into politics like we made Chaudhary Iftikhar in the past who have kind of fizzled out towards the end of his term. Surprisingly, without any offence we know that many incidents happen in Karachi and some one intending to attack Hamid Mir with only one shooter and that also after chasing for approximately 20 minutes as stated in the recent reports. Either the driver must have been trained by CIA as getting out of the attack and reaching Aga Khan Hospital in Karachi’s traffic is really really interesting. No news till now if the gunmen of Mr. Mir returned fire . Would like to know really how did he managed to survive the attack. Knowing our terrorists and shooters. There success rates are better. Now I am not justifying the attack but again these gray areas raise question marks as this attack has raised question marks about our most important institution.

Now is Mr. Mir been used intentionally or unintentionally to punish Pakistan Army for the movement of Gen Pervez Musharraf to Karachi and what coincidentally Mr. Mir was doing in Karachi on the same day. The media group i.e. Geo News has unleashed a smear campaign against ISI the backbone of our Pakistan Army and the country. So much so one Ansar Abbasi who have right wing leanings have been heard repeatedly asking for DG ISI’s resignation as he may be heart broken for failing to attain his objectives of taking revenge on Gen Pervez Musharraf for his bold actions especially against Red Mosque which has been vindicated recently by opening of a library in the name of a world known terrorist that is Osama Bin Laden.

Why the ISI is being attacked again and that too openly? How come apart from the written statement given by Hamid Mir before the attack all of these people know especially Geo News and Ansar Abbasi know that it was ISI behind the attack? This impulsive behavior costs this nation a lot. We remember how after Zohra Shahid Hussain’s murder immediately MQM was accused with now recent reports coming out stating that it could have been botched robbery attempt. Ironically, this time behind the behavior is the leading media house and some prominent journalists who are referring to the DG ISI as he is some area SHO. What’s wrong with these people ? What are they trying to achieve? As now all Indian media channels are now after ISI blaming them for all the ills in the region. There case of ISI behind terrorists attacks in India becomes justified as our own Pakistanis and that too prominent ones are blaming its own spy agency. What a shame?

Are they trying to play the world’s agenda for demoralizing our ISI and Pakistan Army to deliver on some global agenda? Why can’t they see that this could have been a job of the disgruntled Talibans who want to deliver psychologically against the Army for standing in their way before they radicalize this country? Recently same stories were concocted when Raza Rumi was attacked and so was Express News in the past and we found out later that they were the banned Islamic Outfits like Talibans who were behind the same. Even there are some unconfirmed reports as I write this piece that some group of Talibans have claimed responsibility for the attack on Mr. Mir. I wonder would Geo and likes of Ansar Abbasi pursue negotiations if Talibans were behind this attack or maybe it doesn’t matter or they are too sure for some reason minutes after the attack that it could not be Talibans.

Meanwhile, our Army who is in the thick of the things right now is going to loose. How would be the first lesson for all those cadets who just graduated today that whilst they prepare to lay down their lives for this nation? Some people in our nation are doing mud slinging against their institution. With what heart they would go knowingly that whilst their chief’s (former and current) are being tried under Article 6 or their image tarnished. Whilst the same force (i.e. Talibans) they gear up to fight is being shown as patriots though they have killed thousands of our soldiers and played football with their heads. With what heart they would go in the war? I am sure they would need a lot of motivation. I wish the same channel or channels doing their best to de-motivate the army for taking positions in the interest of Pakistan so that corrupt political forces could remain in power. Political forces like that of Asif Zardari the most corrupt person in the world.

Anyways, as I wrote a few days ago where I mentioned that PM Nawaz is trying to draw a line of fire through the heart of the nation. This day would be a defining day where unfortunately so called Pakistani patriots and our neighbor India joined forces to malign ISI is a black day. Pakistan Army in my view would have to come out strong. Gen Raheel Shareef has to lead from the front in the interest of the nation and the motivation of our Army and take steps . Aggressive if required for upholding the character of our dear Pakistan Army and the Nation. Pakistan Zindabad!

Even such covert exercise of power by the Army is illegal, and the incessant demands for money that the economy simply cannot afford represent just any type of corruption of purpose, worse than mere financial corruption.
Why claim it illegal in 1 country and not in America? Same activities...just 2 different countries... :unsure:

Because of the propoganda of media, politicians and ppl like u.

Please ask yourself why the might of the military is not enough to keep them in power? Because the voice of the people is too powerful not to be heard. Zulm key paaon nahi hotay. That is why Martial Law fails.

Please ask yourself why the might of the military is not enough to keep them in power? Because the voice of the people is too powerful not to be heard. Zulm key paaon nahi hotay. That is why Martial Law fails.
might of the militry was allways enough to keep them power, if the militry was ever power hungry?
voice of peoples was allways with pakarmy, but croupt politicians buyed that voice, with the looted money, in swiss accounts & given by vested powers so that a weak & croupted govt serves thier intersts?

I have a suggestion, why don't learn it from Indonesia story ? We have Independent Anti Corruption Commission (Komisi Pemberantasan Korupsi/KPK). India in the beginning of this year has tried to learn it from us as well and has made a cooperation with our Anti Corruption Body. Hongkong is also quite successful with their Anti Corruption Body. If any one study our Anti-Corruption body, they will have more conviction that Democracy will be able to do something hard for any corruption wrong doing, even if it runs while the current administration is still corrupt. You can see that our ruling party now (democrat) has become half of its power in a current election (April 2014) because KPK is also targeting this party.

This commission has captured so many high end politicians, including the chairman and treasury of democrat party (ruling party) and one chairman from middle level party (welfare party). It has save huge money in oil and gas sector, including capturing the chairman of our oil and gas regulator (SKK Migas). Some judges are also in custody, including our Constitutional Judge Chairman (I think it is a world record).

Tahir ul Qadri refers May 11 as beginning of revolution - PakTribune

Pakistan News Home -> Top -> News Details
Tahir ul Qadri refers May 11 as beginning of revolution
17 April, 2014

KARACHI: Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) Chief, Dr Tahir ul Qadri has announced to kick off a full-fledged movement against the rulers from May 11.

He claimed that if another six months' period was given to the current Government, then it will be impossible to reform the state.

In a statement, Dr Tahir ul Qadri vowed to announce the strategy of revolution on May 11 and referred to the day as a beginning of a rising.

He said given the present situation of the state, revolution is the only option left, now negotiations with rulers will not be held at all and public takeover will take place. Qadri stated that if the rulers are given another six months', then it will be impossible to reform the state.

The PAT Chief slammed the Government for holding talks with militants on the basis of equality and hence disappointing the nation.

the begaining of the end of the noora cracy ,& damocracy, plz join the revolution!

Back
Top Bottom