What's new

Map of US/UK plans to attack Syria. Iran warns US.

I wasn't talking about Assad here, I just said Iran will do anything to make a war in Syria costly for U.S, in any way possible. I don't think SAA would attack Israel, the last thing it needs is opening a new front in war. It's not a wise decision now. Syria has many kinds of missiles, ranges defer from few kilometers to maximum 700-800 KM I believe, or maybe Iran has also sent them missiles with longer ranges, I can't say for sure.

We should wait and see if the attack itself happens or not, still ways will be figured out to make the war costly for them. It depends how on the attack happens.

Thanks for your reply, and I was not talking about iran either. It was a very Syria specific question.

I don't understand what's the objective here.

Bomb Assad in retaliation for the gas attacks, then what?

Is the West going to continue the military campaign until Assad is removed, or is it going to be a one-time "message"?

Is the West going to continue the military campaign until Assad is removed, or is it going to be a one-time "message"?

i think it is military campaign until Assad is removed or killed

They want to prolong the war, make assad and hezbollah weak and let the war continiu for years. They won't remove him.

I doubt that the public in any Western country is ready for such an open-ended commitment.

They want to prolong the war, make assad and hezbollah weak and let the war continiu for years. They won't remove him.

Could be. It would keep all the extremists busy in Syria instead of causing trouble elsewhere in the world.

I think there will be some hits, if that, to save face for Obama's red line, and that's about it.

About the Russians - they can't do much if the USA starts at it. Even if they send Assad advanced weapons, it won't be enough and the Syrians don't really have the system in place to make the most of them anyway.
On the other hand, this kind of thing comes around in international politics, there is always payback and the russians will make life miserable for NATO at one point or another in the future

Only a joint international action with NATO and the Arab neighbors, brothers and sisters of Syria can solve the conflict and free Syria from a un-elected dictatorial mass-murderer, child-murderer, pagan and fake pan-Arab lunatic.

The worry would be his arsenal of chemical weapons. The child-murderer already killed 500 Syrians last week in one single chemical attack.

He will be annihilated, his proxies and those responsible for all the killings.

The Fake Wannabe-Arab Farsi Mullah's can only bark with their paper "fighter jets". Let that terrorist state get crushed too while we are at it since they are as much of a cancer to the great Arab world.

With Muslims like you, who says we need enemies? At least Iran had the balls to declare it publicly that it's firmly after its own interests and we are actually pursuing all our goals, no matter who opposes it. Not many countries are like that in ME, if you know what I mean.

And for your information, Afghanistan and Iraq didn't have even paper planes when they were attacked, and look how severe the consequences were for U.S. It's not only about fancy and expensive military stuff.

No offence but as a muslim im realist. Iran had great potential instead it chose to be enemy of USA and Israel. Israel isn't worth the effort, its tiny little country of just 22,072 km2, let them live. Arab world had their chance and they couldn't do anything to Israel, and now they have nukes.

Israel should be happy Pakistan isn't his neighbour. We fought for Kashmir and got half of it, later on tried to get other half despite being 7 times smaller then enemy. But now everyone have accepted and moved on because we simply cant win against enemy that big.

Back
Top Bottom