What's new

Manmohan Singh blames US NGOs for anti-nuclear demonstrations

These protests are just because the church wont be able to convert people in Kanyakumari if this plant comes up.Thats all.

^^
There is a point after which you have to stop replying to broken records that keep repeating the same line over and over again. I had already explained the safety features of the new plants to him, and the fact that green energy can't produce a thousandth of what we need.

He keeps coming back with the same two points, and even ridicules the news sources (which happened to be the hindu) when given the statements of authorities in this regard. How many more pages should be devoted to willfully blind people?"

The Hindu? I suggest you read up about what Wiki leaks states about " The Hindu"....I made my points pretty damn clear. you choose to nit pick to make your point. I already explained the path India should go thru with. And I have heard the other side. So, if cost is such a factor then there is no dicussion. I can only pray nothing bad happens....No need to bad mouth me. Green is going to inevitable sooner or later. I guess you are accustomed to living in a very dirty and polluted environment. What Can I do. For the sake of development, India has seen Bhopal and continues to break apart ships so toxic that no other country will accept. The ppl contine to struggle and die. But its all in the name of development right? I agred Nuclear option is fine if the necessary steps are taken to ensure safety. But I guess that point goes over many ppl's heads. No worries. The progress of the nation is more important. Its funny folk talk about progress yet pick fuking idiot leaders like Mayawati ,Laloo, TN dynasties, Congress Dynasties....how the fuk can you morons be concerned about progress when you elect dumbass leaders? MMS is the best we have had since......since forever

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

I will try for the last time :

The fukushima plant was 1970 era design with ZERO passive cooling measures. Kudankulam has upto 3-4 passive cooling measures not withstanding the tremendous progress which have been made in both active cooling and passive cooling measures over four decades.

The fukushima plant gave in only after a massive earthquake followed by a tsunami had struck. What are the chances that such things happen in Tamil Nadu. FYI, TN is one of the least geologically active land plates in Indian sub continent. A google search will reveal when was the last time an earthquake( >6.5 richter scale ) occurred in TN.

Also the fukushima plant ( with 1970s design ) withstood about 40 years of high seismic activity throughout everyday. Then finally gave in only on the face of a combination of nature's two large destructive powers.

And finally, Does any one ever talk of another 1970 era Nuclear plant ( ~50kms away ) which was functioning all throughout this fukushima saga ? That 1970 design is still intact. During that fukushima meltdown, aftershocks etc, scores of localites took shelter in the GYM of that nuclear power plant as all their houses were destroyed and they thought the best place to protect them was to go in that nuclear plant.

So, yes theoretically chances that kudankulam nuclear plant will melt can never be zero. But in all likelihood, the probability of it's meltdown will be far lesser than the probability that you meet with a car accident on a highway. ie in all practicality the chances are zero.

I want trinity to refute the arguments purely on a technical basis rather than 'Oh let's use solar/tidal energy' crap.

I think I given enough information to counter your technical aspects. What about the threat of Tsunami's? YOu tackled earthquakes; my main concern was Tsunami whish TN experienced. Now, you have addressed the Reactor, what about public safety? What precautions are in place? The groups protesting were making a big stink about where the water would sourced? The same nuclear scientists who are building this stated that more checks need to be done....yet you all calling for it to go ahead....So shoud I listen to a nuclear scientist involved in the construction, or Kalam a missile engineer? Or to folks? My green crap as you say is actually pretty solid if you use it in tandem with the nuclear energy as China is going to do...

If I have to go to KK Dist and find out the fact by myself, why ask you the question in the first place?

He is BSing...the new boogeyman in India is Christian Missionaries. Church this, church that.....maybe another religion should clean up its act in the first.....then they wouldn;t have to worry about conversions if everything was so perfect...

Back
Top Bottom