What's new

Man beating in Saudi Arabia raises questions over expat rights in kingdom

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Riyadh: A video apparently showing a Saudi man beating an Asian employee for talking to his wife has prompted calls for an official investigation, a rights official said on Friday.

The internet footage has drawn attention to what rights groups say is the wider problem of Saudi employers abusing foreign workers.

Reuters could not verify the authenticity of the video and the government was not immediately available for comment.

The video shows an Asian worker in orange overalls being repeatedly hit by a man with a Saudi accent wearing a traditional white robe.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi...stions-over-expat-rights-in-kingdom-1.1250176

The Saudi accuses the Asian of talking to his wife, before he starts flogging him with a belt and kicking him as he screams in pain. The beating looks to be happening in the Saudi’s home.

It is not clear who is operating the hand-held camera.

Related Links
“We are investigating the incident,” Mufleh Al Qah’tani, chairman of the government-licensed National Society for Human Rights, said by telephone.

“We have addressed the authorities ... to verify this video and know who did this. If it is proven to be real, then we will demand that the perpetrator be punished and that the Asian worker can realise his rights.” Al Arabiya television said the state Human Rights Commission was looking into the case after receiving complaints. Reuters was unable to contact the Commission on Friday.

The attack was “a flagrant violation of the victim’s rights to safety and dignity and the act also flouted rules set by Islamic Sharia,” Al Arabiya cited the Commission’s spokesman, Ebrahim Al Shadi, as saying.

Saudi Arabia’s human rights record came under fire at the United Nations last month, with critics accusing the kingdom of abusing the basic rights of women and foreign workers.

Britain and the United States, strategic allies of Riyadh, have raised cases of suspected forced labour among the 9 million expatriate workers employed by companies or as domestic workers in the deeply conservative kingdom, whose total population is 28 million.

behead the 2 according to Sharia law
If anyone is to get beheaded its the poor worker, likely to get behead for a crime he didn't commit, he didnt did anything at all.

The poor worker is likely to get behead for a crime he didn't commit, he didnt did anything at all.

Why him, the 2 beating him and filming should either be or get beaten up the same way, the poor guy can’t do anything for various reasons, either money or him being an illegal.

Why him, the 2 beating him and filming should either be or get beaten up the same way, the poor guy can’t do anything for various reasons, either money or him being an illegal.
They should be stoned to death, thats the only punishment for these savages.

Sons of bitches. 

No discrimination,advanced country etc says al hasani..

Yes, because there are no beatings and discrimination everywhere else in the world or in Pakistan? There are no sick and violent people everywhere else that take advantage of others?

You are joking right? Did Pakistan not have the third highest amount of so-called "slaves" according to a recent international research? I recall it was even posted on this forum. How do you think the rich class in Pakistan is treating them? Or some land lords? Stop trying to take the moral high ground because of one individuals wrong-doing.

Same with everyone else who pathetically tries to use this unfortunate case to further their agenda.

This has been condemned widely across KSA and the perpetrators will be punished. At least our justice system deals with such issues and does not differentiate between Saudi Arabian or non-Saudi Arabian.

@Yzd Khalifa, @Arabian Legend, @JUBA, @BLACKEAGLE

@WebMaster

Iranian trolls at it again.

Last edited:
Yes, because there is no beatings and discrimiantion everywhere or in Pakistan? Are you joking? Did Pakistan not have the third highest amount of so-called "slaves". How do you think the rich class is treating them? Stop trying to take the moral high ground because of one individuals wrong-doing.

This has been condemned widely across KSA and the perpetrators will be punished. At least our justice system deals with such issues and does not differentiate between Saudi Arabian or non-Saudi Arabian.

@Yzd Khalifa, @Arabian Legend, @JUBA, @BLACKEAGLE

@WebMaster

Iranian trolls at it again.

As i said BS.. is this a first video of its kind? what happens to these people even though they were caught on tape? guess nothing... while the victim would probably gets screwed.

As for Pakistan perhaps u havent read the report correctly... it doesnt talk abt slavery u people are accustomed to... and its also hard to believe abt China and india having the largest number of "slaves"... although not sure abt india due to their caste systems..

But who the heck am i talking too... a dude who doesnt even accept problems in his own society..

This is really annoying. There should be strict rules issued by the state to protect those people. And the state should do more by encouraging wronged people to sue and make complaints. Nevertheless, this guy doesn't represent but himself.

Last edited:
As i said BS.. is this a first video of its kind? what happens to these people even though they were caught on tape? guess nothing... while the victim would probably gets screwed.

As for Pakistan perhaps u havent read the report correctly... it doesnt talk abt slavery u people are accustomed to... and its also hard to believe abt China and india having the largest number of "slaves"... although not sure abt india due to their caste systems..

But who the heck am i talking too... a dude who doesnt even accept problems in his own society..

What is bullshit? Seriously you are a bigger troll than I thought. You are telling me that KSA is the only country where a TINY MINORITY beat up people? You are joking right? People are getting killed in over half of the world on a daily basis due to a slavery like environment. From Africa, to South Asia, South East Asia, Latin America, China etc.

No there have been 5-6 other incidents during the last 10 years that have been filmed by morons.

You read the report and complain to the authors of that report. I am just telling what I saw.

My points are still there for all to see and you are not doing a good job of proving me wrong.

LOL, say that again? I have been critical of KSA and the Arab world on many occasions. Even had arguments with fellow Arab members.

And it's funny that comes from you in this instance when you are not even able to admit that such scenes are common place in Pakistan and many other places. Or in fact the whole world where you will always find people taking advantage of less fortunate people. In fact it is likely that such scenes are much more common due to Pakistan having a much bigger population than KSA. Or any other country. I am mentioning Pakistan since that is your country and you are mentioning mine.

What is bullshit? Seriously you are a bigger troll than I thought. You are telling me that KSA is the only country where a TINY MINORITY beat up people? You are joking right? People are getting killed in over half of the world on a daily basis due to a slavery like environment. From Africa, to South Asia, South East Asia, Latin America, China etc.

No there have been 5-6 other incidents during the last 10 years that have been filmed by morons.

You read the report and complain to the authors of that report. I am just telling what I saw.

My points are still there for all to see and you are not doing a good job of proving me wrong.

LOL, say that again? I have been critical of KSA and the Arab world on many occasions. Even had arguments with fellow Arab members.

And it's funny that comes from you in this instance when you are not even able to admit that such sense are common place in Pakistan by the privileged class. In fact it is likely that such scenes are much more common due to Pakistan having a much bigger population than KSA. Or any other country. I am mentioning Pakistan since that is your country and you are mentioning mine.

KSA the land of the brave,free and kind hearted?

Only problem? ....Nobody believes tht..

Back
Top Bottom