What's new

Maldives seeks Pakistan’s help for tax reforms

Kabira

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Islamabad- Maldives has sought technical help from Pakistan to overhaul its tax infrastructure regime.
According to sources, Maldives Deputy President is arriving here on a two-day visit on February 25 to discuss a range of issues including banking, finance, trade, transportation and tax reforms regime.

The sources said that Pakistan would offer help to Maldives to improve its tax infrastructure on a modern line through information technology.

The sources said that Maldives wanted to bring about drastic changes in its tax infrastructure system to bring it at par with the international standard.

Maldives seeks Pakistan’s help for tax reforms

Maldives has sought technical help from Pakistan to overhaul its tax infrastructure regime
This is funny indeed.

This is no funny and I say this because I have studied Income Tax Ordinance 2001 and I am fully conversant with FBR's web portal and how things work there.

So anyone thinking Pakistan's tax system is funny needs to reconsider his thoughts, it has loopholes no doubt but it is no way near funny. Try something else to sling mud on Pakistan.

This is no funny and I say this because I have studied Income Tax Ordinance 2001 and I am fully conversant with FBR's web portal and how things work there.

So anyone thinking Pakistan's tax system is funny needs to reconsider his thoughts, it has loopholes no doubt but it is no way near funny. Try something else to sling mud on Pakistan.
Totally Agree with you on that. There E-Filling Tax Portel is the best efforts by Pakistani Govt. Agency no doubt since I have also Filled Taxes Returns and WHTs in the past and also I knew many of FBR Senior Members they are nothing like Pakistani Bureaucrats who sell things of for minor Gains instead they whole different league all together.

Morons without knowledge of FBR and how tax system work will find it funny.

Pakistan has problems with tax collection because of lack of political will to go after the big fish. Otherwise the online system is pretty neat. You can register to see for yourself.

Morons without knowledge of FBR and how tax system work will find it funny.

Pakistan has problems with tax collection because of lack of political will to go after the big fish. Otherwise the online system is pretty neat. You can register to see for yourself.
I think the thread Starter doesnt even have an NTN registered with FBR on the first Place to call it Funny. How can you expect him to understand FBR E-filling Portal.

Good .Pakistan has good expertise in this .Hopes Maldives would be enable to revolutionze their tax systems :D

What exactly is the question? Tax filing related? Laws? or tax payer base related?
All of it...our tax system is soo screwed those who can afford it are exempted and those who cant are squeezed for even unnecessary tax like bhatta khori!

and who and when will our time come for such fixing? :pop:
You must be another one of those who confused NAB with FBR. FBR is no joke and if you ever Filed Taxes you wont be saying that.

All of it...our tax system is soo screwed those who can afford it are exempted and those who cant are squeezed for even unnecessary tax like bhatta khori!

Our tax filing system (computerized system) is very efficient and effective, it is one of the best I may say. It is like an ERP integrated system with huge database.

Our tax laws, personally I think yes these need a hell lot of reform, they are not taxpayer friendly at all, a common layman taxpayer cannot understand and correlate that is mentioned in our laws. I think the theme is from Australian law based.

People who deem themselves to be exempted are abusing their Public offices or their political influence, If FBR could be autonomous and work independently the results would be lot better, but somehow I feel FBR's role is same as that of Police when it comes to our GOP.

Back
Top Bottom