What's new

Make In India - Fighter Jet musings - News, Developments, Updates - F16,F18, Gripen, Any other

:o: WTF happened. Ironically, I was banned at that time. I read through the thread. Didn't quite catch the purport?
Care to explain?

I do not know the full story as I am on PDF only and not on any other forum.

Apparently many Pakistani members here on PDF were unhappy about they not being allowed to counter the Indian narrative on Indian forums and wanted to restrict the Indian narrative here on PDF to ensure PDF supports Pakistani narrative.

I do not know the full story as I am on PDF only and not on any other forum.

Apparently many Pakistani members here on PDF were unhappy about they not being allowed to counter the Indian narrative on Indian forums and wanted to restrict the Indian narrative here on PDF to ensure PDF supports Pakistani narrative.
oh ok. i'm not on any other forum as well. will try to get into those. thanks

oh ok. i'm not on any other forum as well. will try to get into those. thanks

One of the accusation was that @PARIKRAMA and some other Indian members had requested Indians on the Indian forums to join PDF to hijack PDF. Hence the Pakistani members here argued that Indian members need to be restricted on PDF to prevent Indians from hijacking PDF.

One of the accusation was that @PARIKRAMA and some other Indian members had requested Indians on the Indian forums to join PDF to hijack PDF. Hence the Pakistani members here argued that Indian members need to be restricted on PDF to prevent Indians from hijacking PDF.
That's kinda lame. @PARIKRAMA was a senior member. I find this charge absolutely ludicrous. But, then again. PDF's loss. DefenceFI & AMF's gain.

It may be a while before Govt’s plan to build fighter jets in India takes off
NAYANIMA BASU

BL26_ECON_JET_3057878f.jpg

Local manufacturing hinges on proposal to make the country an export hub

NEW DELHI, OCTOBER 25:

The government’s plan to manufacture single-engine fighters in the country is likely to face delays even though the Defence Ministry has notified request for information (RFI) from three firms to participate in the programme under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.

US aerospace giants Boeing and Lockheed Martin and Sweden’s SAAB have approached the government as a response to the RFI with their “unsolicited proposals” that have apparently failed to “impress” the Defence Ministry, a senior official told BusinessLine.

This is because, even though these companies have enumerated their plans to manufacture these jets under the ‘Make in India’ programme, the Ministry is keen on plans to transform India into an export hub for these jets, the official said.

Once the RFI is issued, the government floats Request for Proposals (RFPs) to shortlist the competing firms, according to norms. However, the government is learnt to be taking one step at a time in selecting the firm that will finally be chosen to manufacture the fighter jets here.

The RFP will take time to be issued. A lot of factors need to be ascertained here apart from Make in India, logistics and infrastructure. The issue here is that once the armed forces buy these, what thereafter? Hence, export is a big factor, and indigenisation will play a crucial part in it,” the official said.

Boeing has already offered to manufacture their F/A-18 Super Hornet here with full transfer of technology (ToT) to their Indian joint venture partners. Lockheed Martin has gone a step ahead and said it will develop a warplane F-16 Block 70 exclusively for the Indian market. The US government is also aggressively pushing for these two under the US-India Defence Trade and Technology Initiative.

On the other side, Swedish SAAB has said it will build an entire industrial ecosystem in India under ‘Make in India’ for the Gripen E. Talks on selling the Gripen E were held during the visit of Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven to India in February.

Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha had earlier said that the proposals from these three firms had been received by the government but nothing had been decided. “An early decision on indigenous ‘Make in India’ fighter aircraft project will greatly enhance our operational capability in the near term,” he had said during the Air Force Day earlier this month.

The Defence Ministry plans to replace the ageing MiG-21s with these fighter jets. Last month, India had finalised a $8.7-billion deal to procure 36 French Rafale warplanes

cost cost cost...
both f16 70 block and the gripen E going to cost 100_110ml$....

almost same as the rafale which cost us 105 m$.
so on cost front itself both f16 & gripen are not going to make in india...

cost cost cost...
both f16 70 block and the gripen E going to cost 100_110ml$....

almost same as the rafale which cost us 105 m$.
so on cost front itself both f16 & gripen are not going to make in india...

F-16 deal is a political deal while SAAB deal is to get ToT for Tejas which LM & Dassault are unwilling to share and partner with

Hence India is planning to procure all of them - RAFALEs, F-16s & Gripens

The irony is SWEEETTTT :lol:

@PARIKRAMA used to be in the fore front of snitching on fellow Indians to pakistani moderators and seeking a Ban on members. He actually used to take pride in being a snitch.

I cannot thank you enough for pointing me to that thread. :enjoy:

I know you are referring to the below thread but I think @PARIKRAMA was doing Raj dharma.

https://defence.pk/threads/india-us...duled-to-help-deal.446209/page-4#post-8628819

The RFP will take time to be issued. A lot of factors need to be ascertained here apart from Make in India, logistics and infrastructure. The issue here is that once the armed forces buy these, what thereafter? Hence, export is a big factor, and indigenisation will play a crucial part in it,” the official said.
no nato country going to buy f16 any more.
only the mig35 makes sence which we can export to the third world .

I know you are referring to the below thread but I think @PARIKRAMA was doing Raj dharma.

https://defence.pk/threads/india-us...duled-to-help-deal.446209/page-4#post-8628819

Have you seen the movie Laagan ? tell me who is the 'Raja' here. The clown wearing the head gear or the actual white guy who holds real power ? No fancy head gear or even a fancy title. A solider boy who makes the 'raja' dance to his tunes.

lag.png

Raj dharma is for Raja's not slaves who think they are Raja's. Those are called Snitches.

Parikrama just got a reality check and by the looks of it, he just could not handle the reality.

Last edited:
Have you seen the movie Laagan ? tell me who is the 'Raja' here. The clown wearing the head gear or the actual white guy who holds real power ? No fancy head gear or even a fancy title. A solider boy who makes the 'raja' dance to his tunes.

lag.png

Raj dharma is for Raja's not slaves who think they are Raja's. Those are called Snitches.

Parikrama just got a reality check and by the looks of it, he just could not handle the reality.

Dude ,

There are instances where members themselves offered to delete their duplicate accounts which were created without knowing the rules.

Once I was banned for some silly reason for a month.. In2008,
I opened a new account in the same name..
My first ban got revoked in few days, but then my old account got deleted because of two accounts.

The irony is SWEEETTTT :lol:

@PARIKRAMA used to be in the fore front of snitching on fellow Indians to pakistani moderators and seeking a Ban on members. He actually used to take pride in being a snitch.

I cannot thank you enough for pointing me to that thread. :enjoy:

You want to report something.. Whom will you. Report ?
Parikrama cannot himself ban or delete some ones account.
Even if he has to help you , he has to " snitch " you.

Dude ,

There are instances where members themselves offered to delete their duplicate accounts which were created without knowing the rules.

Once I was banned for some silly reason for a month.. In2008,
I opened a new account in the same name..
My first ban got revoked in few days, but then my old account got deleted because of two accounts.

You want to report something.. Whom will you. Report ?
Parikrama cannot himself ban or delete some ones account.
Even if he has to help you , he has to " snitch " you.

Are you for real ?

You help someone IF and WHEN THEY ASK for help.

But when you rat on other Indians, you are a SNITCH. There is no two ways about it and there is no way one can spin it by claiming 'raj dharma' or 'helping hand' or 'bleeding heart'.

The very fact that you would even attempt to spin something like this is pathetic.

Are you for real ?

You help someone IF and WHEN THEY ASK for help.

But when you rat on other Indians, you are a SNITCH. There is no two ways about it and there is no way one can spin it by claiming 'raj dharma' or 'helping hand' or 'bleeding heart'.

The very fact that you would even attempt to spin something like this is pathetic.

I think you are taking this portal way too seriously .It's just a platform to interact , share, learn & debate.Granted , there are a lot of things wrong here with the way it's run to the partisanship displayed , etc.But let's not forget that this platform is run by citizens of a nation inimical to us.For those who aren't comfortable , they can always exercise their exit option .

Let's see things for what they are & not give undue importance to it.

Having said that , if @PARIKRAMA has decided to withdraw himself from PDF , it's this forum's loss.I've personally always read what he wrote with great interest & benefited from it .My interactions with him were always cordial & he came across as a genial , affable chap.I don't think anyone would disagree with my reading of him .Wish him all the best & hope to run into him on other portals .After all , PDF isn't the only portal in the business you know.

Last edited:
For what it matters @PARIKRAMA was a fountain of information specially concerning the Rafale case, his loss does not mean that this information is lost but simple that it will now take time to trickle down and in effect make our discussions less prompt and quick.

Back
Top Bottom