What's new

Made in India military weapons and support systems

aaEbk0j.jpg

Is this image available without the ridiculous text?

Republic of India
31-December, 2016 14:35 IST
Cabinet Decisions: Since 06.01.2016

Cabinet approves abolition of Separate Guidelines for establishing Joint Venture Companies by Defence PSUs

Ministry of Defence
07-January, 2017 19:24 IST

DRDO at 104th Indian Science Congress-2017 in Tirupati

The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) is participating in “Pride of India-Science Expo-2017” being held from 3-7 January at the Sri Venkateswara University Campus, Tirupati. The five-day event has been organized as part of 104th Indian Science Congress (ISC-2017) inaugurated by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.

The DRDO Pavillion at the mega science expo was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Shri N. Chandrababu Naidu on 3 January 2017. He also visited various DRDO stalls and took keen interest in the DRDO products and technologies displayed there.

A special plenary session titled “Frontiers of Defense Research” was organized on 04 January 2017 at the venue. Scientific Advisor to Raksha Mantri and Director General (MSS) at DRDO Dr G. Satheesh Reddy was the Convener of the session, in which eminent scientists from DRDO delivered their lectures. This included the Chief Controller R&D (Human Resources & Technology Management) Shri M.D. Hafizur Rahaman, Director General (Micro Electronic Devices & Computational Systems) Dr. G. Athithan, Director General - Life Sciences Dr. Shashi Bala Singh and Dr. B.S. Subhash Chandran of DRDL, Hyderabad.

40 DRDO laboratories are participating at the expo to showcase state-of-the-art military systems and technologies at the DRDO Pavilion which narrate the saga of Self-reliance & National Pride with the “Make in India” spirit. Star attractions of the outdoor exhibits include the Long Range Surface-to-Surface Ballistic Missile Agni-5, Akash Weapon System, Shaurya Missile, the model of the Brahmos missile, Remotely Operated Vehicle Daksh Robot etc. Indoor exhibits include models of AEW&C, LCA Tejas, Rustom UAV, the Advanced light-weight Torpedo (TAL), Multi-mode Hand Grenade, NBC Suit, Anti-mine Boots, Micro Wave Power Module, S-Band MSS Terminal, Integrated Multi Function Sight (IMFS), Preemptor System, various Life Sciences Products including Bukhari-the heating system, Alocal Cream, Ready-to-Eat Packaged Foods, Juices etc. DRDO pavilion has been a major attraction at the Pride of India Expo amongst visitors & students.

NW/RAJ

06VJ_ISC2

Students make a beeline to the stalls at the Pride of India exhibition organised as part of the 104th Indian Science Congress in Tirupati on Thursday. — | Photo Credit: K_V_POORNACHANDRA_KUMAR

08VJPG4-VIDYASAGAR

Governor of Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu Ch. Vidyasagar Rao is all ears as HRD Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao makes a point at the valedictory of the 104 th Indian Science Congress in Tirupati on Saturday. Union Minister of State for Science and Technology Y.S. Chowdary, and State Science and Technology Minister B. Gopalakrishna Reddy are seen. | Photo Credit: ; - K_V_POORNACHANDRA_KUMAR

wzzZ1gN.jpg

TATA Motors Kestrel

The more I look at it, the more mediocre the Kestrel looks.

I hope this model is for the chassis/mobility trails. The armor & protection needs to be vastly improved. The turret is obviously a place-holder but the sooner a new turret (probably from Kongsberg) is installed, the better.

Last edited:
The more I look at it, the more mediocre the Kestrel looks.

I look this model for the chassis/mobility trails. The armor & protection needs to be vastly improved. The turret is obviously a place-holder but the sooner a new turret (probably from Kongsberg) is installed, the better.

I wouldnt call it mediocre, but some places look crude too me as well. But I think it has it's place in the IA for sure.

“India after more than 30 years, has successfully developed its own artillery gun… Field trail has been completed for Dhanush,” he said while talking about the 155m artillery gun which is largely based on the Bofors gun, but has a longer range of about 10 kilometers. This gun will be part of the Republic Day parade on January 26, officials said.

“Another self-propelled gun — 155mm — is in the final stage of being ordered. This is a joint venture between Larsen & Tuboro and South Korea’s Samsung. It has more than 50 per cent of the components which are Made in India. The first slot, probably, will be ordered during the current financial year. This is one of the Make in India project,” Parrikar said.

Back
Top Bottom