R-2

h3U9Rsw.jpg

Payload

Nice

Breakthrough in indigenous E/O sensor tech
By SP's Special Correspondent

657043068640841bdd9a96978a696a0e.jpg
September 15, 2014:
A heartening new indigenous development could take care of India's over-dependence on foreign suppliers for critical electro-optical sensors for surface payloads. The DRDO's Instruments Research and Development Establishment (IRDE) in Dehradun has developed a Stabilised Electro Optical Sight (SEOS) with two-axis stabilisation and an integrated automatic video tracker facility. The indigenous SEOS has three electro-optical sensors, 3rd generation 3-5 µm (640 x 512 FPA) thermal imager (TI) with optical zoom, colour day TV with optical zoom camera and eye-safe laser range finder (ELRF). The day TV camera and TI sport a narrow field of view (NFOV) of 0.8° x 0.6° and wide field of view (WFOV) of 5° x 4° with additional 2 X electronic zoom in TI. These sensors provide a recognition range of 7 km for a NATO type of target. ELRF provides range of the target from 200 m to 9995 m with an accuracy of ± 5 m. According to DRDO, "The modular approach of this sight results into a quick customisation for different applications namely fire control solution for armoured fighting vehicles, surveillance from high speed boats and low altitude aerostat, and tracking system for a QR-SAM." The DRDO will be looking to integrate the new sight onto a slew of upcoming products.​

Last edited:
i think this is a hybrid version of some foreign radar. most of drdo ground based radars are hybrid(jugaadu) versions of some foreign radar like swordfish, aslesha. i was very happy for BFSR but even drdo BFSR is a foreign radar.:(

these fucking PSU people have no design creativity..look at the color of missile with red points:hitwall:
I would appreciate if you provide a source that DRDO radars are hybrids of foreign radar. I can agree with swordfish,DRDO has themselves said that, please provide sources for 3D TCR,Aslesha and BFSR.

I would appreciate if you provide a source that DRDO radars are hybrids of foreign radar. I can agree with swordfish,DRDO has themselves said that, please provide sources for 3D TCR,Aslesha and BFSR.
source: PSK

TRISHUL: Heading In The Right Direction.....At Last!
i think, i have messed it up. so Long range BFSR is not indigenous(stentor from france licence built by bel) but Short Range BFSR is indigenous(could be an israeli shit)
Firstly,your source do not support your claim. India does license make foreign radars,mostly by BEL not DRDO, and in that cases its acknowledged. Also,theres no long range BFSR from what I know. However,do let me know if I am missing anything. Please support your claims or change your misunderstandings. Lets not decredit DRDO of their work.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom