What's new

Lord Ram an imaginary character: Karunanidhi

Oh really? So in India a person is corrupt and evil because he is Pro-Muslim. Understandable. Secular! :rolleyes:

Of course. If he is such an atheist then why does he not have an equal amount of contempt for all religions. Why the soft spot for only the abrahamic ones?

As a hindu, if he thinks that Ram doesn't exist or whatever.. He can believe so. Thats how the secular country runs. Do you oppose secularism?

As a hindu, if he thinks that Ram doesn't exist or whatever.. He can believe so. Thats how the secular country runs. Do you oppose secularism?

No...but I do oppose his two-faced bigotry and hypocrisy. I don't consider his attitude secular at all...selectively hating one religion is not called secularism.

Edit: I sincerely apologize for saying/ spreading the falsehood that Karunanidhi is a christian. For more clarity, he is not a christian. but he remains a known hindu baiter. His son's name is Stalin which further confused me. For example some of this statements include 'Hindu means thief'.

The arrest of these leaders in no way deterred their agenda. But Karunanidhi too, never lost an opportunity to taunt them. A sworn atheist, he apparently joked with the DMK's Mupperumvizha about a Muslim, a Christian and a Hindu crossing a river. The boat the three were in, the joke goes, suddenly capsized. When the three panicked and prayed, the Muslim was rescued by Allah, as was the Christian by Jesus. But Ganesha, to Karunanidhi's glee, just laughed at the drowning Hindu. Why? Because, year after year, on Vinayaka Chaturdhi, it gave the Hindus great joy to drown the Lord!
India Today Group Online > Web Exclusive >Despatches
COUNTDOWN

Couldn't stop laughing after I found out they claim, RAM had an army of monkey's, to build the bridge, ROFL. Maybe the future generation is Anti-Indian Govt. for going in Delhi and stealing govt. documents.

Lo, they have another insurgency in their hands now, LOL.

http://ees.net.nz/info/MonkeyThieves.pdf

Can somebody explain this to me? Why the Indian gods are monkeys? Yes, i have seen an idol. Unless thats not your god.

No offence, intended. But this is where most Pakistanis sterotype.

Thanks!

Oh really? So in India a person is corrupt and evil because he is Pro-Muslim. Understandable. Secular! :rolleyes:

If he is secular, he should treat all religions equal. He should not insult one faith. His remarks will not harm Hinduism or Hindus. But, the problem is that he is using the religion for his political gain. His party is based on Dravidian / atheist ideology. He miss no chance to insult Hindus/Hinduism to prove is ideology. He never dare to criticize Islam nor Christianity. Why? If he does so, there will be a fatwa issued and the whole Muslim votes turns against him. And the churches do the same. But, there is no central authority in Hinduism and insulting Hinduism does not affect his Hindu votes. Hindus never mind religion when it comes to politics.

He is neither pro-Muslim too. He never done anything to uplift the society. He made billions using his political power.

If he is secular, he should treat all religions equal. He should not insult one faith. His remarks will not harm Hinduism or Hindus. But, the problem is that he is using the religion for his political gain. His party is based on Dravidian / atheist ideology. He miss no chance to insult Hindus/Hinduism to prove is ideology. He never dare to criticize Islam nor Christianity. Why? If he does so, there will be a fatwa issued and the whole Muslim votes turns against him. And the churches do the same. But, there is no central authority in Hinduism and insulting Hinduism does not affect his Hindu votes. Hindus never mind religion when it comes to politics.

He is neither pro-Muslim too. He never done anything to uplift the society. He made billions using his political power.

poor hindus, always discriminated & abused; they are a minority in their own country. Lets change the name from hindustan to islamistan/christanica

I am from TN. We know this *** hole very much. He will do anything for keeping himself in power. He is the one who supported the racist parties like DP and PMK.

Here, people don't vote for him for his present ideologies, instead for his participations in Anna Durai's movements in earlier days of his political life.

He is a Hindu hating *** hole. I expelled some members from his party for visiting a temple, but he participates in Ramzan festivals and Christmas every year. He also criticized one MLA in public for having the Hindu symbols in his forehead. But he loves to wear the skull cap during Ramzan festivals.

So, don't buy his words.
Maybe he's trying to balance things off?

He's an atheist so why would he worship Allah? He's participating in the festivals and probably just wore the muslim cap during one of those festivals.

Instead of calling him names, why don't you prove him wrong? "Ram walked on Earth", where's the evidence to support that? Can any of his life events be verified? He moved the earth, had his army build bridges.

I mean don't get me wrong, there's an Islamic belief to this bridge as well as it is said that Adam crossed the bridge and climbed a high peak in repentance. But this bridge was recently discovered and almost definitely it's a natural phenomenon.

d2c1b1272c9911e64b4a2a9ca17e5d49.jpg

Can somebody explain this to me? Why the Indian gods are monkeys? Yes, i have seen an idol. Unless thats not your god.

No offence, intended. But this is where most Pakistanis sterotype.

Thanks!

Hanuman is the only Indian god who is a monkey. It is based on the old legend on Ramayan.
In Hinduism, all life is considered sacred and worthy of respect, so you may sneer at the monkey god, but hindus don't consider animals or plants as inferior beings.
There is no real reason behind the "why". Things just developed this way. This is true of all such religions, like the greek pantheon or the nordic paganism.

Each hindu god has a shape and form depending on their unique qualities that the people who worship them wish to embibe. An excellent example is lord Ganesh. His elephant head denotes wisdom and a long memory. He is the removal of obstacles and the bringer of success, again manifested in his elephant-like characteristics.
The consort of ganesh is a mouse...which indicates that he can penetrate the most difficult of places.

Over the countless number of years when the tales are recounted again and again, some exaggeration is bound to creep in. This was true of all mythologies and pantheons. I am sure that there was hero in existence called Lord Rama, whether all the tales attributed to him are true is debatable. Looking at it dispassionately, IMO the statement refers more to all the exploits attributed to Lord Rama rather than denying his existence altogether. I would thereore refrain from passing judgement on anyone. I think the guy is actually trying to denounce the Hindu fundamentalists who believe ever religious story as literal truth.

poor hindus, always discriminated & abused; they are a minority in their own country. Lets change the name from hindustan to islamistan/christanica

Shiva is right. Hindu has no central command like the Vatican or Mecca. It is a decentralized religion that is a mix of a huge variety of beliefs. Hindu priests don't wield political power or weapons , they meditate and contemplate. Which is why Hinduism is considered a peaceful religion.

Hinduism contains a vast variety of beliefs from pure paganism, to pantheism, monotheism and even atheism!!
Hinduism is the collective result of a thousand years of man trying to understand the universe around him and contains some of the world's greatest philosophy.

The reason that such a wide variety of beliefs exist is because hindus don't evangelize. They don't have the self-righteousness that defines abrahamic faiths (MY religion is the true religion and yours is the wrong one)
A hindu is allowed to believe whatever he wants to, as long as he doesn't impose his ideas on others.
This is why you find so many seemingly contradictory things within Hinduism.

If NASA hadn't discovered this bridge no one would've said anything.

I wish for it to be preserved over environmental issues.

But people are promoting a falsehood claiming that the bridge was man-made (or Ram-made). I don't see how a man-made structure would preserve itself for close to 2 million years!

If it's man-made then it has to be relatively more recent than the Ramayana. If Ram exists or not, at least this phenomenon is not proof of his existence as many have been claiming since NASA revealed these photographs.

Shiva is right. Hindu has no central command like the Vatican or Mecca. It is a decentralized religion that is a mix of a huge variety of beliefs. Hindu priests don't wield political power or weapons , they meditate and contemplate. Which is why Hinduism is considered a peaceful religion.

Hinduism contains a vast variety of beliefs from pure paganism, to pantheism, monotheism and even atheism!!
Hinduism is the collective result of a thousand years of man trying to understand the universe around him and contains some of the world's greatest philosophy.

The reason that such a wide variety of beliefs exist is because hindus don't evangelize. They don't have the self-righteousness that defines abrahamic faiths (MY religion is the true religion and yours is the wrong one)
A hindu is allowed to believe whatever he wants to, as long as he doesn't impose his ideas on others.
This is why you find so many seemingly contradictory things within Hinduism.
That's just plain being confused.

You're saying Hindus don't believe that Hinduism is the best religion?

And we all know Hindus are not evangelical since many of them won't deem us worthy of becoming Hindus because of the parents we were born to. So both arguments don't fly as plus points for Hinduism.

The Atheism you talk about, Buddhism, don't even consider themselves Hindus. Buddhists are not atheists anyway, they just believe God is irrelevant to their ultimate destiny.

That's just plain being confused.

You're saying Hindus don't believe that Hinduism is the best religion?

No I'm saying that Hinduism has the philosophy of "One god...many paths", which allows different ideas to coexist. Hindus may disagree, but they don't force the issue.

A simple example is ISKCON or Hare Krishnas as people call them. Their philosophy is contradictory to the mainstream hinduism. Yet, we don't see other hindus attacking the ISKCON devotees.

And we all know Hindus are not evangelical since many of them won't deem us worthy of becoming Hindus because of the parents we were born to. So both arguments don't fly as plus points for Hinduism.

The Atheism you talk about, Buddhism, don't even consider themselves Hindus. Buddhists are not atheists anyway, they just believe God is irrelevant to their ultimate destiny.

Thats not true at all. Anyone can become a hindu if he wants to. Infact, hinduism doesn't even have any procedure to become hindu. You are hindu if you call yourself hindu. Thats all.
(I am of course talking of reformed hinduism, without the caste system).

Not buddhism. I'm talking about Nastik Hinduism, schools like Carvaka and Samkhya which rejected the idea of a creator god.

As far as buddhism goes, the Indian constitution considers buddhism, jainism etc to be part of the larger hinduism. You really cannot define hinduism by any single set of beliefs. Hinduism is just the collection of religious beliefs indigenous to the subcontinent.

No I'm saying that Hinduism has the philosophy of "One god...many paths", which allows different ideas to coexist. Hindus may disagree, but they don't force the issue.

A simple example is ISKCON or Hare Krishnas as people call them. Their philosophy is contradictory to the mainstream hinduism. Yet, we don't see other hindus attacking the ISKCON devotees.

Thats not true at all. Anyone can become a hindu if he wants to. Infact, hinduism doesn't even have any procedure to become hindu. You are hindu if you call yourself hindu. Thats all.
(I am of course talking of reformed hinduism, without the caste system).

Not buddhism. I'm talking about Nastik Hinduism, schools like Carvaka and Samkhya which rejected the idea of a creator god.

As far as buddhism goes, the Indian constitution considers buddhism, jainism etc to be part of the larger hinduism. You really cannot define hinduism by any single set of beliefs. Hinduism is just the collection of religious beliefs indigenous to the subcontinent.
That's interesting even though it just means that there's no clear definition of a Hindu other than a set of lifestyle.

But the lifestyle becomes meaningless as long as there's no clear objective, purpose of your life.

For example in the Islamic faith, the purpose is basically to get into heaven and thus prove yourself to be worthy of getting there by struggling to live a good life.

Now if an atheist calls himself Hindu and believes there's no God, thus no Heaven or hell, then why follow a set way of life?

We openly call our religion the best religion because its plain stupid to not do so. Yes we don't diss on any other religion, but we do believe that ours is the best! And so do you, otherwise you'd not be a Hindu. You have to follow what you believe is the best.

Back
Top Bottom