What's new

Look what a Pakistani man from KPK(NWFP) developed.

"Developed" or merely ASSEMBLED a kit?

Well in all honesty im not certain but as a Pakistani i will give him the benefit of the doubt. Any good news is welcomed from our homeland. I'm glad you are on the ball VC - Good to have your opinion. Is it in your opinion good to knock any potentially good news from Pakistan??

Well in all honesty im not certain but as a Pakistani i will give him the benefit of the doubt. Any good news is welcomed from our homeland. I'm glad you are on the ball VC - Good to have your opinion. Is it in your opinion good to knock any potentially good news from Pakistan??

I merely asked a proper question. There is a world of difference between developing something or assembling it.

The nation quite often gets sold hyperbolic claims that only make it feel good for a short while before reality sinks in. That is all.

DIY and Knock down kits are easily available.

"Developed" or merely ASSEMBLED a kit?

Well according to what he states in the video itself. He designed and built a small scale version first and then kept enlarging it. The final engine which he is using was imported from Austria.

Meet Peshawar resident Qazi Sajjad – a mechanic from ArbabLandaye who was inspired to build his version of a plane after watching a Bond movie in 1978.

From bamboo sticks and a paper model, Sajjad set out to achieve his dream. By the end of it, he had developed a machine that could take off with the help of a double cylinder engine.

In this YouTube video posted by a group called Mera Passion Pakistan that hopes to promote Pakistan in a positive light. Here is an excerpt from the group’s website:

Not only did the Qazi creation fly, but pilot Qazi Tufail broke the Asian record for highest flight and set a new one at the altitude of 16000ft. Both brothers were honoured by the State of Pakistan with the Tamgha-e-Imtiaz, one of the highest decorations given to a civilian, for their feats.

YouTube video of the day: Pakistan’s Wright brothers – The Express Tribune

The most beautifully written PAKISTAN i have ever seen, very professional n colorful

Meet Peshawar resident Qazi Sajjad – a mechanic from ArbabLandaye who was inspired to build his version of a plane after watching a Bond movie in 1978.

From bamboo sticks and a paper model, Sajjad set out to achieve his dream. By the end of it, he had developed a machine that could take off with the help of a double cylinder engine.

In this YouTube video posted by a group called Mera Passion Pakistan that hopes to promote Pakistan in a positive light. Here is an excerpt from the group’s website:

Not only did the Qazi creation fly, but pilot Qazi Tufail broke the Asian record for highest flight and set a new one at the altitude of 16000ft. Both brothers were honoured by the State of Pakistan with the Tamgha-e-Imtiaz, one of the highest decorations given to a civilian, for their feats.

YouTube video of the day: Pakistan’s Wright brothers – The Express Tribune

Whats your opinion on this now VC?

Meet Peshawar resident Qazi Sajjad – a mechanic from ArbabLandaye who was inspired to build his version of a plane after watching a Bond movie in 1978............................

.......................... pilot Qazi Tufail broke the Asian record for highest flight and set a new one at the altitude of 16000ft. ..................

Whats your opinion on this now VC?

Let's see: He saw the movie thirty-three years ago, and the Asian record for highest flight was only 16,000 feet?

That story simply does not appear to be robust or credible. A mechanic made a replica kit plane that made it through a couple of flights. What's the big deal?

2079nnn.jpg

:smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:

Back
Top Bottom