What's new

Legacy of Pakistani Drama Serials & their iconic soundtracks

Peregrine

Reaction score
Hi
i came across few splendid OST's from Pakistani drama serials, With HUMTV taking the lead in producing some incredible OST's, BTW i kind of read this on some thread where an Indian member had said that Pakistani dramas from 80's used to be good, but he/she seemed a little skeptic about the present one's, so here is an insight into how contemporary Pakistani drama's are like, I hope every one will approve of my selection and please enjoy :partay:

First one is from Drama serial Malal, which was shot in USA, the song is sung by RUSHK

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Drama serial Khamoshian, which i believe was shot in New zealand, the song is sung by Shafqat Amanat ali

Drama serail Man-O-Salwa, It was shot in Australia, this song is sung by Zila Khan

I remember some damn good hillarious plays from Pakistan, which we used to enjoy those days. Two of them were

Budda Ghar pe hai ?
&
Bakhra kisto mein

Do we still have those types ?

:smitten::cheers:

Hi
drama serial Dil Diya Dehleez, sung by Irfan Kiyani who is brother of Hadiqa kiyani

Drama serial Mulakat, Sung by Waqar ali & Zara

I remember some damn good hillarious plays from Pakistan, which we used to enjoy those days. Two of them were

Budda Ghar pe hai ?
&
Bakhra kisto mein

Do we still have those types ?

:smitten::cheers:
HI
i didn't get to see those but family front was awesome, i am posting the first part here, you can watch the remaining on Youtube

Well I remember the old dramas they used to be addictive 12-20 episode per series

Once you start watching you can't get up from it

The wonderful stuff about the old stuff was

a) The dialogs used to be quite interesting
b) The story telling and plot development was top notch
c) The story had a wonderful progression from start to end
and the series used to be 20 episodes or plus minus which was ok
d) There were always strong characters in the dramas

Dramas that I have watched and which have left a great lasting impressions

1)Tanhaian , fun and real issue always entertaining drama to
watch

2) Angan Tera , I remember watching it when I was very young
obviously I did not understood the subtle statements in it
but I watched few episodes on youtube and really loved the
dialogs and sarcasm

Obviously there were others but these two are in my mind

The Zee TV dramas are not that great

Same crappy story
Shadi , good girl , evil lady , jail , twist , happy and then extensions

The Pakistani drams of old were great becasue the people in the 80's were the generation , prior to Zia Ul Haq from 70's that used to enjoy alot of freedom of expression on TV and media outlets so that generation was quite frankly was golden generation of Pakistan Television.

Even if you watch the old re runs on youtube you still see their quality is million times better then what ever PTV produces now a days.

Now , the Pakisani Dramas are suffering

#1 Lack of sponsorship for $$$$ for these dramas
#2 Alot of gliter from Zee TV , and usage of super models in dramas
who don't necessarily know how to act
#3 People have so many choices now they don't know when a good
series is starting etc lack of marketing ....

Once our writers / producers will write quality plays and spend some cash into audio/visuals people will watch it -

But the mentality that Produce and make your relatives heros / heroin has got to stop and real talent has to be nurtured and brought up

HI
drama serial Sherdil based on PAF ,song sung by Ali noor & waqar ali

Drama serial ALFPA BRAVO CHARLIE based on Army, dont know who sang this song

now , the Pakisani Dramas are suffering

#1 Lack of sponsorship for $$$$ for these dramas
#2 Alot of gliter from Zee TV , and usage of super models in dramas
who don't necessarily know how to act
#3 People have so many choices now they don't know when a good
series is starting etc lack of marketing ....

Once our writers / producers will write quality plays and spend some cash into audio/visuals people will watch it -

Hi
i think that's a common misconception, majority of us don't watch TV any more because we have a lot channels now and variety, including broadband internet from where one can watch movies for free. However in contrast to your statement i believe Pakistani drama's are made on higher budgets now, that is is why they also get to afford Indian actors & musicians now, exclude Geo and ARY i think HUM TV is doing a splendid job as you an see from above video's majority of contemporary drams are shot on foreign locations, they wouldn't be doing that if they had any financial constraints, rather drama industry in Pakistan is becoming a very lucrative industry and is flourishing

Last edited:
Hi
i think that's a common misconception, majority of us don't watch TV any more because we have a lot channels now and variety, including broadband internet from where one can watch movies for free. However in contrast to your statement i believe Pakistani drama's are made on higher budgets now, that is is why they also get to afford Indian actors & musicians now, exclude Geo and ARY i think HUM TV is doing a splendid job as you an see from above video's majority of contemporary drams are shot on foreign locations, they wouldn't be doing that if they had any financial constraints, rather drama industry in Pakistan is becoming a very lucrative industry and flourishing

Yes but there lies the problem in trying to portray Pakistani Dramas shot in London or New York you lose the essense of Pakistani Drama

I mean you are writing a drama in Pakistan , show Pakistani stories
Pakistani issues that people can relate to showing London and New York or Pakistani's trying to be some posh humpty dumpty is not fun at all

I mean in Pakistan we have million of normal families can we not create any dramas on social issues in Pakistan ?

I will be honest I have not watched a single serial for quite some time , I watched Zee tv shows now and then but I never had the desire to watch more then 1 episode of those dramas , as they all look the same...

Hero is drinking Millk (On Monday , ...... I watch it again on Friday and he is still thinking should I drink it with cookie or with out cookie)

What is needed is simple

a) Creative Directors
b) Producers (Financers)
c) Talent hunt , we need 20,000 people out of 180 million pakistanis
who can act and are decent looking to be lead roles

Plus we need some quality actors

An actor is an actor - look at Shahrock , I watched his first movie I was like mom that guy is ugly as hell but man he is entertaining when I was younger. Good actor

Or look at Shakeel /Umar Sharif etc or Ismael Tara or Abid Ali etc
so many talented ppl before , now we just have no body

Shakeel was on hell of an actor , his dialog execution and performances were amazing

Don't see any power actors in Pakistani circut too many ametures trying to be hero
50 year old uncle wearing Tommy Helfiger shirts and coming with 19 year old heroins

NO - CHARISMA -

^^^
Hi
Drama serial Meri Zaat Zarra-e-Benishan, song sung by Rahat
This dram has received a lot of praise recently, its based on a novel written by Umaira Ahmed.

Shakil (Super Heavy Weight)

Abid Ali (Amazing voice and presence on screen)

There were also some talented actors in Drama waris I only saw few reruns while I was in Pakistan that drama was really good

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

above all drama serials

hi
LOL, guys the purpose of the thread is to show great dramas along with their great soundtracks, as you can see from title, i guess dramas have been good in past as well, but we cannot always dwell on past, I know we Pakistani people are not very adaptable to changes, but one can always appreciate the new talent as well, i hope i was able to carry my point well

some very nice tracks are out there... my current fav. is

though i never watched this drama but song is nice!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom