What's new

LCA back at Jamnagar for weapons trials

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
LCA back at Jamnagar for weapons trials

HAL+Tejas+fighter+%25288%2529.jpg

After the Tejas LSP-7 successfully completed several weapons release test points at Jamnagar in July this year, three more limited series airframes (LSP-3, LSP-5 and LSP-8) are now in Jamnagar to bolster the gains made, and notch up more test points necessary for initial operational clearance of the LCA Tejas Mk.1 in December. The three platforms will undertake a slew of weapons release manoeuvres including releasing bombs and firing the Vympel R-73 missile, the only missile so far deployed on the Tejas.

The IAF has indicated the team testing Tejas is looking to achieve IOC-2 before Christmas, anywhere between Dec 19-24. However, there remain several test points still to clear, placing a great deal of pressure on the team. On November 6, Defence Minister AK Antony ordered the DRDO to ensure that Initial Operational Clearance and Final Operational Clearance of the LCA were completed on schedule, with both the MoD and IAF making it fully clear that no further extensions will be granted to the programme.

In August, Antony told Parliament, “Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) have been asked to strictly adhere to the planned schedules for Initial Operational Clearance (IOC-2) by end of 2013 and Final Operational Clearance (FOC) by end of 2014 to ensure timely induction of Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) in the Indian Air Force (IAF). Tejas is likely to be inducted in the Indian Air Force soon after the Initial Operational Clearance (IOC-2).” DRDO chief Avinash Chander has indicated earlier this year that the first three-four full rate production Tejas fighters would roll out of the HAL facility in December this year, the first of 40 ordered by the IAF.

Link - LCA back at Jamnagar for weapons trials | idrw.org

so they'll clear IOC-2 before this year end..?! It also means our first Tejas squadron will be ready within next 8-10 months and will be inducted as soon as Tejas gets IOC-2.

Last edited:
so they'll clear IOC-2 before this year end..?! It also means our first Tejas squadron will be ready within next 8-10 months and will be inducted as soon as Tejas gets FOC.

I am eagerly waiting for that day. The 25th December. I will be my greatest Christmas ever.

I am eagerly waiting for that day. The 25th December.
Every Indian is waiting for that day dude. I think we already have started the production of Tejas and just a few months left in their induction.

I am eagerly waiting for that day. The 25th December.
Every Indian is waiting for that day dude. I think we already have started the production of Tejas and just a few months left in their induction.

Yes KAyKay ji,

Definitely. I read some very good thing abou LCA yesterday. Weight of LCA TD1 was 6880 KG, Pv1 was 6770 KG. In PV2 it was reduced to 6480 KG including telemetry equipment. Current LCA may have weight of something between 5600 to 5700 KG.

LCA's EW suit, avionics and mission computer, software are used by Russians in their MKI equivalent they just ordered.

so they'll clear IOC-2 before this year end..?! It also means our first Tejas squadron will be ready within next 8-10 months and will be inducted as soon as Tejas gets IOC-2.

don't be quick on making assumptions,u are dealing with agencies like HAL here

LCA mark 2 will be embedded with stealth features which can capture most of the market in the world.

I think LCA Mark 2 is a the game changer for Indian Aerospace Industry which has lot of export potential.

The technologies which are tried and tested in PAK FA can be used in LCA mark 2 and increase the speed of development.

That I know sardar ji. But still sometimes ponys can do wonders. Lols

if they can its good for country

if they can't i won't be surprised at all 
LCA mark 2 will be embedded with stealth features which can capture most of the market in the world.

I think LCA Mark 2 is a the game changer for Indian Aerospace Industry which has lot of export potential.

The technologies which are tried and tested in PAK FA can be used in LCA mark 2 and increase the speed of development.

no technology used in pakfa will make it to lca mk 2 except for maybe ram coats

no technology used in pakfa will make it to lca mk 2 except for maybe ram coats
I think ram coats might cover the besh-shram coats created by Hal and drdo by delays.

Hal needs to realise this is a prestigious project.
A few year back I saw the quality they produced for Boeing and IAF difference was big. We need Boeing quality not their desi canister.

I think ram coats might cover the besh-shram coats created by Hal and drdo by delays.

Hal needs to realise this is a prestigious project.
A few year back I saw the quality they produced for Boeing and IAF difference was big. We need Boeing quality not their desi canister.

who will insure it yaar.
all are same,,,lazy and uninterested.

each one is getting a salary of 1 lakh per month

That's the million₹ question no accountability it's bigger issue than Hal's ability

That's the million₹ question no accountability it's bigger issue than Hal's ability

of course hal has the ability,,,they are learned people but when accountability is zero and ur salary and even pension is assured then who will work??

thats the million dollar question

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom