What's new

Lahore Metro Train Project | News and Updates

@Horus @qamar1990

The reason Lahore deserves this more because it is one of the most populous city of Pakistan. It can cater to more people and generate more revenue than other smaller cities.

Indeed other cities too need it. But Lahore needs it first. This project will later expand to other cities. Now let me give you an example, Alberta in Canada produces the most oil and it is somewhat of a backbone of our dollar. Yet, Alberta is not as advanced as some of other provinces. For example, smaller airports or less development. But why is that? It's is not very populous. Other provinces are far more.

Now let me give another example. Much of the oil comes from northern areas, which is almost entire backbone of Albertan economy. Yet, those cities are not as developed (by which I mean, airports, advance trains/buses/highways) as the city of Calgary or Edmonton. Why? Because these cities are more populous.

Now I must add, as in the case I've mentioned about lahore, that once Calgary and Edmonton got their buses/trains, work started in the oil producing cities. If Calgary didn't have train and was in economic situation like Pakistan, despite the Northern areas producing much of GDP, it'll still get the train before them.

Anyway, the point is, Lahore needs the train system more than any city now. There is so much smog, which results in many flights cancellation. With trains/buses, traffic on the road reduces. Now I've not been to lahore for quite few years, but I bet that the traffic condition in Lahore is much worse than other cities of Punjab.

There should not be such big cities at first place. Government should think of building multiple cities and should provide basic necessities like food, health and education in hometowns of every citizen. This will definitely control population Flow towards big cities then go to such mega projects

If the government can work in parallel like build mega projects and provide basic necessities at same time then this is the best we can get, but looking at the performance of current regime and keeping in view the track record of SS and NS they are more tilted towards mega projects because its easier to show them.

Before I never understood the anger general Pakistanis had , with non equal distribution of wealth but in last 5-10 years its apparent that there is a "divide" in distribution of wealth

Not to mention the ordeal we had in 70's with east Pakistan

Before I never understood the anger general Pakistanis had , with non equal distribution of wealth but in last 5-10 years its apparent that there is a "divide" in distribution of wealth

Not to mention the ordeal we had in 70's with east Pakistan
There is a divide in every country. Briton is plagued with it.

Welcome to 21st century.

Unfortunately we have a problem in our country and that is irresponsible spread of wealth I don't really follow briton

Don't take me wrong
But don't you think Pakistan should Invest everything into power & Law & Order sector
These are the 2 biggest hurdles for FDI in Pakistan

Once Industry gets going the economy will also move then you will automatically have money for Such projects

& many posters on the forum are saying that
Metro bus is making Daily loss (do correct me if I am wrong)
So what are the chances that metro rail will be making profit or even Sustain itself
You are absouletely right

603754_469441669877196_8550215902057035163_n.png

11114275_470233483131348_5823077269053098217_n.jpg

Playing at the hands of a Dragon, China is no friend of Islam.

However, if you want to see end product check Anil Ambani' s super Chinese metro contracts in Bombay. While the metro is late by a few yrs. re. entirely local mgmt. issues, supplier finance and rolling stock are up to the mark for now. Exactly opposite for Bombay King Long bus contract where the financial are credit to pvt. Co. but the public suffers re. 3'rd class and frequent breakdown and maintenance buses.

No competition when compared to expensive, locally made Volvo buses of the Banglore Metropolitan bus service.

Playing at the hands of a Dragon, China is no friend of Islam.

However, if you want to see end product check Anil Ambani' s super Chinese metro contracts in Bombay. While the metro is late by a few yrs. re. entirely local mgmt. issues, supplier finance and rolling stock are up to the mark for now. Exactly opposite for Bombay King Long bus contract where the financial are credit to pvt. Co. but the public suffers re. 3'rd class and frequent breakdown and maintenance buses.

No competition when compared to expensive, locally made Volvo buses of the Banglore Metropolitan bus service.
Thanks for the detailed non bias breakdown of the project, would tell my grand children. (Sarcasm, fk off with bombay/ambanis/volvo, no one cares)

Back
Top Bottom