What's new

Lahore Covered In Thick Smog & Air Pollution - Measures Required

It produces more smoke than a ciharette and you can breath the smoke deep into your lungs
more but of little value or.............." taste" :P
I mean,,, why the hell "smoke" a pan when you can eat it :P

OH, and it is good to know that you have quit smoking. Please, i am not saying that you should start that again in place of Shesha :D
BTW, Shesha is more carcinogenic, you know that right?

Do something! Bring cleaner enviroment.

Winters arrived in Lahore !!!Let’s all pray for rain and for everyone to stay safe! but government can take so many measures, sprinkling water on roads, put air purifiers on intersections of shopping malls and roads.

1.jpg

November 03, 2016, 1:09 pm

Winter’s here. It’s the favorite time of the year. Winter vibes… Hoodie season is here… Loving winter... Snapchat and all the other social sites were filled with pictures with these captions. For the last two days everyone was really happy and was cheering that winters arrived early and how!

But to burst everyone’s bubble, I have to break this to you that this is not fog and there’s nothing to celebrate. This dense blanket that looks like fog is actually smog.

For those who don’t know what smog actually is: it is a mixture of smoke and fog. It is a very thick toxic blanket of pollutants which is a menacing health hazard. It is also considered to contain soot and is usually yellowish or blackish in color. Previously it was more visible on open areas but now the situation is getting worse every minute.

The smog level is increasing massively and according to the authorities, after 12:20 pm yesterday the smog got denser, which reduced visibility even on roads. The PM levels have reached ten times higher than the safe limit.

People have also complained about feeling it inside their homes... burning eyes, heavy breathing, cold, pneumonia, minor pains, infections and a lot more problems.

More exposure to smog can lead to bigger ailments such as lung cancer, asthma and other respiratory problems, cardiac problems and bronchial diseases. This can also lead to immense damage to all kind of crops and can kill innumerable animal species.

Lahore is considered as one of the most polluted cities of Asia. All parts of Punjab and a lot of parts of India have been affected by this. Lahore and New Delhi have been listed recently among the top ten worst cities for smog.

Most of the people think coal usage, industrial plants and heavy traffic are the major causes for smog. Many people are blaming the celebration of Diwali in India for this, which to some extent might be one of the big factors. The pollutants from there carry over to this side of the border and have made things much worse.

According to the Pakistan Meteorological Department this smog will persist for another five days. It is also believed that rain would help overcome this situation.

This is a very serious condition and in other countries this climatic condition calls for emergency closing down of schools, public places, so people could come in contact of this danger as less as possible.

A few possible ways to combat this problem are minimizing going out for long and if possible wearing masks to protect yourself and your children. Eyewash should be used frequently to clear eyes.

Keep all the windows closed. Avoid congested areas, heavy traffic and road junctions while travelling.

The universities, institutions, schools in general and government in particular should take a step with immediate effect to cope with the situation. They should measure the Air Quality Index and take adequate measures.

All the citizens are requested to avoid keeping their car engines running and be considerate about other people and the current climatic condition.

People should initiate programs similar to the one started in India because as a citizen of this country it’s each individual’s duty to do whatever is possible for him or her.

http://nation.com.pk/blogs/03-Nov-2...et-of-thick-smog-here-s-how-you-can-stay-safe

1.jpg

I told you @Moonlight i get sick when i go to Lahore and try my best to avoid Lahore as much as possible
@django @The Sandman @Chauvinist @PaklovesTurkiye @User @Arsalan @Pakistani Exile @Musafir117
I am 22 just imagine what effect its having on children in those regions

And my family members live in Baghwanpura area which is one of the worst affected one

Even my cousins are getting sick on regular intervals

If you even take a walk with a white shirt you will return with an off white one

In winters you can see brown fog(smog) when i once accidently drank tap water in Lahore i felt like it was heavy i couldnt drink full glass

Hope not much people get affected... :( Stay safe and take care of your health, bro and all guyz........

we pakistanis are best at creating problems for ourselves . we vote for corrupt leaders and then cry at our pathetic condition. we cut trees and then start crying cause of pollution. there is general trend in the pakistsani public not to plant trees in our homes. the stupid logic we give "tree say lawn main gund parta hay or ghar ki outer look kharab ho jati hay" .even elders in my own home are not an exception to this and now because of this general trend most of us are coughing, sneezing in our "clean and good looking houses".we are the craziest people in the whole world. lahoris may now understand the idea behind the million tree tsunami in kpk. even if half of those trees grow to full size they will have positive effect on environment.

Just for the record, here is a picture of Gurgaon , a month before Diwali, on Diwali and now.

View attachment 349187
the top pic was taken from the best camera.;)

any actions by Punjab government so far to tackle this polluted air?
yes, they have deployed additional police with more expired tear gas shells. they have one solution for every problem. noonis will blame the dharna for this smog.

oh tension na lo ek na ek din sab nay mar jana hay chill maro

main to bhi ghar ya car say hi bahar nahi nikal raha chotay bhai ko qurbani ka bakra banaya hoa hay:D
thats too bad . you are treating chota bhae like pervez rasheed??

Don't worry ganja league is converting Lahore into Paris.

Can we have artificial rain in this condition?

India responsible for air pollution in Lahore and Islamabad...blatant Indian dirty pollution. ..smog terrorism over Pakistan

smog-by-India-650x390.jpg

LAHORE – The persistent spell of the toxic smog that looms over Lahore and other parts of Punjab is not essentially a by-product of pollution produced within Pakistani boundaries but is largely contributed by a perpetual rival – India, NASA observed in its forecast.

A forecast by NASA points that high levels of “fires and thermal anomalies” in Pakistan are caused by a colossal amount of toxic haze rolling into Pakistani Punjab from Indian Punjab, putting millions at risk.

The smog that heretofore was thought to be an offshoot of vehicular and industrial emissions in Pakistan has its origins in Indian soil, a fact that many experts had already speculated.

The report says that the pollutants are from staggering amount — 32 million tons (30 billion kgs) of leftover straw — being burnt by Indian farmers, which is an age-old practice.

Delhi was engulfed by a blanket of thick smog, causing poor visibility with the air quality index reaching alarming levels across the city.

Extravagant fireworks in Diwali celebrations across the border have also been cited as one of the major reasons for the striking amount of pollutants in the air at the outset of winter this year.

However, images published by NASA suggest that burning of crops in the neighboring states of Punjab and Haryana could be the biggest reason behind the air pollution in the region.

Dr Qamar uz Zaman Chaudhry, national climate change expert and former Director General of Pakistan’s Meteorological Department also believes that the main source of the pollutants in our lower atmosphere is Eastern Punjab where all the coal-based industries are centered (across the border in India).

Lahore and other areas of northern and central Punjab have been encircled by a thick layer of smog with sunshine becoming totally imperceptible as haze spreads over the sky. Motorways have been reportedly blocked and flights may soon have to be delayed or canceled. A spate of fog-related accidents was reported across Punjab.

According to Dr Ghulam Rasool, Director General of the Pakistan Meteorological Department, the situation is going to last till the end of December, as it hasn’t rained in the central Punjab since October.

Dr Sajid Rashid, Principal Environment College, University of Punjab, has blamed paddy stubble burning in Indian Punjab as the main reason for rising level of smoke in the air.

“Unfortunately, in Pakistan, we lack the equipment for real-time monitoring of air quality,” he regretted while talking to DP Global.

Due to geographical commonalities and correlation, two or more neighbouring countries can experience the same climatic expressions and natural phenomenons simultaneously.

Smog can be responsible for any ailment from minor pains to deadly pulmonary diseases such lung cancer and bronchitis.

India responsible for air pollution in Lahore and Islamabad...blatant Indian dirty pollution. ..smog terrorism over Pakistan

smog-by-India-650x390.jpg

LAHORE – The persistent spell of the toxic smog that looms over Lahore and other parts of Punjab is not essentially a by-product of pollution produced within Pakistani boundaries but is largely contributed by a perpetual rival – India, NASA observed in its forecast.

A forecast by NASA points that high levels of “fires and thermal anomalies” in Pakistan are caused by a colossal amount of toxic haze rolling into Pakistani Punjab from Indian Punjab, putting millions at risk.

The smog that heretofore was thought to be an offshoot of vehicular and industrial emissions in Pakistan has its origins in Indian soil, a fact that many experts had already speculated.

The report says that the pollutants are from staggering amount — 32 million tons (30 billion kgs) of leftover straw — being burnt by Indian farmers, which is an age-old practice.

Delhi was engulfed by a blanket of thick smog, causing poor visibility with the air quality index reaching alarming levels across the city.

Extravagant fireworks in Diwali celebrations across the border have also been cited as one of the major reasons for the striking amount of pollutants in the air at the outset of winter this year.

However, images published by NASA suggest that burning of crops in the neighboring states of Punjab and Haryana could be the biggest reason behind the air pollution in the region.

Dr Qamar uz Zaman Chaudhry, national climate change expert and former Director General of Pakistan’s Meteorological Department also believes that the main source of the pollutants in our lower atmosphere is Eastern Punjab where all the coal-based industries are centered (across the border in India).

Lahore and other areas of northern and central Punjab have been encircled by a thick layer of smog with sunshine becoming totally imperceptible as haze spreads over the sky. Motorways have been reportedly blocked and flights may soon have to be delayed or canceled. A spate of fog-related accidents was reported across Punjab.

According to Dr Ghulam Rasool, Director General of the Pakistan Meteorological Department, the situation is going to last till the end of December, as it hasn’t rained in the central Punjab since October.

Dr Sajid Rashid, Principal Environment College, University of Punjab, has blamed paddy stubble burning in Indian Punjab as the main reason for rising level of smoke in the air.

“Unfortunately, in Pakistan, we lack the equipment for real-time monitoring of air quality,” he regretted while talking to DP Global.

Due to geographical commonalities and correlation, two or more neighbouring countries can experience the same climatic expressions and natural phenomenons simultaneously.

Smog can be responsible for any ailment from minor pains to deadly pulmonary diseases such lung cancer and bronchitis.

Can we have artificial rain in this condition?

:o::o::o: No!! This is not cloud. This is smog. Even if it rains that brings hell down to you. It rains as acid, polluting river, lakes and damaging buildings.

And my family members live in Baghwanpura area which is one of the worst affected one
Its not Baghwanpura, its baghbanpura i live nearby. the condition is really worse over here dense smog all over.

Back
Top Bottom