What's new

Kishore Kumar, Lata, Mohammed Rafi, or Jagjit Singh?

Who had a better voice?

• Kishore Kumar

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Mohammed Rafi

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Lata

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Jagjit Singh

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
The first Three are Legends so pleassssssssssssse no comparison even with each other.

Jagjit was in his own class BUT NO legend

Not a fan of songs. But some of my fav are MS, Lata, SPB, Susheela, Janaki and of course evergreen Yesudas. Though my mom is an extreme fan of Kishore Kumar.

Even Asha was good but not near to legends.

Not a good poll, I mean it. Voice? Really? Good voice does not necessarily make one a good singer, not to mention a legend. Shreya has a very good voice but she is nowhere in the vicinity of mentioned singers.

Please count Jagjit Singh out, he wasn't barely a playback singer, his forte was genre Ghazal.

My favourites among Indian singers are Mohammed Rafi, Talat Mahmood, Mukesh, KL Sehgal, Lata, Asha and Geeta Dutt.

Among Pakistani singers my favourites are Mehdi Hassan, Inayat Hussein Bhatti, Habib Wali Mohammed, Alam Lohar, Noor Jehan, Iqbal Bano and Farida Khanum.

All others are good but IMO the above are 'first' among equals. If one were to put a gun on my head ask me to choose only two; I would go for Lata & Rafi Saheb. However music is a very subjective matter and no one can say for certain who was better; only who was more popular.

Even thou of all the names mentioned I have listened to Jagjit mostly and hence my vote went to him, but he was into Ghazals, I don't see how he fits on this list. Speaking of Pakistani legends, I am surprised that no one has bothered to mention Reshma. :eek:
These are what you call God gifted vocals!!!!! In the start of the video she mentions that she never learnt singing from anyone.

Mohammed Rafi have a command to sing every kind of songs and sung that very easily and no body can beat him. He was having natural gift on that

I think adding Jageet Singh with the like of Rafi , Kishor &Lata is not fair.Singh was more of a Ghazal singer & have performed as play back singers occasionally, but he is no match to Rafi , Kishore & Lata when it comes to play back singing... although all Rafi, Kiahore , Lata & Singh are legends.... Nusrat Fateh Ali was all together at diff level a Masterooo...

I think adding Jageet Singh with the like of Rafi , Kishor &Lata is not fair.Singh was more of a Ghazal singer & have performed as play back singers occasionally, but he is no match to Rafi , Kishore & Lata when it comes to play back singing... although all Rafi, Kiahore , Lata & Singh are legends.... Nusrat Fateh Ali was all together at diff level a Masterooo...

Nusrat Fateh Ali wasn't just a singer the man was much more. Qawalli requires a huge knowledge base. Qawali singers are closer to PhDs than they are playback singers.

rafi kishore and jagjit all were champion whenever i hear one of them i think he is the best .when i hear another then i think he is the best and the cycle goes on .....
currently i think only sonu nigam has the class he is the modern days genius who can perform live with elan

Back
Top Bottom