What's new

King Abdullah arrives in Islamabad today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owais

Reaction score
King Abdullah arrives in Islamabad today ISLAMABAD: King Abdullah of Jordan will arrive here today (Tuesday) for a day-long official visit of Pakistan.

During the visit King Abdullah will meet President General Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz. He will hold talks with top leadership of Pakistan to extend bilateral relations and discuss cooperation in trade, commerce, investment, education, health and other sectors.

The Jordanian king will also discuss the Middle East situation, Iran nuclear issue, Afghanistan and Iraq with Pakistan leaders.

what he wants from Iran's nuclear issue? just curious.

any ideas?

There is much talking going on about sending troops to Lebanon, and making up efforts to force the Isreali forces to leave Lebanon. I guess it is about time that all the muslims unite and deal with this situation and what is better for the people of Lebanon.

There is much talking going on about sending troops to Lebanon, and making up efforts to force the Isreali forces to leave Lebanon. I guess it is about time that all the muslims unite and deal with this situation and what is better for the people of Lebanon.

But I have heard that only "Friendly" & "Diplomatic" countries can send the peace keeping troops.

Does Pakistan fits the requirments?

I doubt !! Not only Pakistan, any Muslim country would not qualify. But there might be a token entry from a muslim country such as 'Maldieves' !! :)
Kashif

Israel has indicated that it would not like contingents from countries that don't recognise the state of Israel.

There are Islamic countries that recognise Israel and they can sent contingents.

There has to be some Islamic representation since it must be balanced.

Israel has indicated that it would not like contingents from countries that don't recognise the state of Israel.

There are Islamic countries that recognise Israel and they can sent contingents.

There has to be some Islamic representation since it must be balanced.

Malaysia and Indonesia already filed strong protest with UN saying its a UN business and any member qualifies to send troops under UN umbrella.
Israel is in no position to deny Pakistan sending troops, we've been one of the largest contibutors to UN for last two decades and know how to deliver the job.

what he wants from Iran's nuclear issue? just curious.

any ideas?
Iranian nukes are meant for Israel and Jordan will certainly be affected by any such attack on Israel.
I don't think any other muslim country wants Iran to go nuclear, including Jordan and Syria.

Iranian nukes are meant for Israel and Jordan will certainly be affected by any such attack on Israel.
I don't think any other muslim country wants Iran to go nuclear, including Jordan and Syria.

Why its in the interest of Muslim countries to stop Iran from acquiring nukes?

thank you.

thank you.
Iran needs to stabalise, its not the Iranian people but their government that freaks us out, including me.
I don't believe in NPT and every country should have the right to build nukes to protect its people and interests.
But to be honest, Imho the world isn't going to be a safer place to live in if countries like Iran go nuclear.

This king abdullah is a disgusting man, as was his despotic dictator father who butchered 4,000 Palestinians. He is the embodiment of hypocrisy. Truly an enemy of muslim unity, the jordanian suicide bomber against shia pilgrims in iraq was given martyrdom status in his country, and he is nothing but a zionist collaborater.

thank you.

It's in the interest of countries such as jordan, egypt and saudi arabia to stop Iran from acquiring nuclear energy. It's in Muslims worldwide's interest to ensure that Iran has the right given to them by international law to be able to use civilian nuclear energy.

There's a fundamental difference in the way that Iran runs its military compared to other states, which is that it is under Islamic rule. The Supreme Leader has denounced nuclear weapons as forbidden. Secular observers do not know what religious law is, so it does not come under their way of thinking, hence the ridiculous baseless accusations.

It is interesting to note that secular leaders should believe that religious laws followed by Iran is holy cow and that merely by stating so the world has to believe that that is true.

I don't wish to get into any religious controversy, but it is worth considering if the application of religious laws has been air tight and beyond doubt that they are being followed in letter and spirit.

It is rather naive to state that religious laws can bind a nation's self interest.

If it were so the Hudood would not be changed or modified.

Again on this I do not wish to get into a controversy since I might tread on corns.

I hope the essence of my comment is understood i.e. religious laws are no safeguard to thing being done or not done.

No offence is indeed.

This king abdullah is a disgusting man, as was his despotic dictator father who butchered 4,000 Palestinians. He is the embodiment of hypocrisy. Truly an enemy of muslim unity, the jordanian suicide bomber against shia pilgrims in iraq was given martyrdom status in his country, and he is nothing but a zionist collaborater.

That is a shameful and repugnant analysis of such a fine Moslem visionary and a staunch friend of Pakistan. His son is steering his country to a bright and prosperous future. The palestinians that were butchered were going to take over the state of Jordan in the late 70's..and it was Zia ul Haq whos troops butchered those Palestinians and rightly so.

Incidently.....the late King Hussein's brother Prince Hassan married a
Pakistani Woman named Princess Sarwat. Their sons all have Pakistani wives as well.

To educate yourself further , i suggest you read Queen Noor's autobiography.

He's a friend of Israel, buddies with Sharon. He has done nothing but to instigate war within the middle east, signing a pact that means any land stolen by israel will mean that the inhabitants will be killed and not have a chance to flee to neighbouring country.

Read MidEast History by Avi Shlaim, Oxford. and dont shove queen w*ore's biography as a source fool.

You're nothing but a war mongering pakistani nationalist. It's a shame that too many pakistanis are immoral arab a** sniffers. what are you doing in the country that blessed us with the death of zia?

It is interesting to note that secular leaders should believe that religious laws followed by Iran is holy cow and that merely by stating so the world has to believe that that is true.

Simple, Islam is the truth for us. you can concoct whatever religion suits you, cow worshipping, caste system, whatever. Secular leaders are so filled with their own vices, that they project them unto those who strip themselves of ego completely.

Averröes;23461 said:
Simple, Islam is the truth for us. you can concoct whatever religion suits you, cow worshipping, caste system, whatever. Secular leaders are so filled with their own vices, that they project them unto those who strip themselves of ego completely.

Firstly, may I request you not to bring the level of the discussion to that of the sewer, even if that be your forte and your signature.

I accept that I shall not be able to match you in this realm since apparently you re near bred to it.

In so far as what belief I profess, much that you are mistaken, I do not wish to inform you since the philosophy would be out of your depth.

Before you wear your religion on your sleeve and strut around as the sole Flag bearer of Islam, may I inform you that you are quite 'Islam illiterate' i.e. you do not know your religion and hence hardly qualified to comment on any other religion!

Therefore, do not bring in religion and its practices into a discussion merely to ridicule, where it is not required and vitiate the atmosphere.

Cow worshipping. Are you aware of the philosophy why they "worship" the cow?

Let me amplify with an Islamic example to prove how silly it is to use some religious practices and hold it to ridicule.

Are you aware that in the Hadith, the Prophet ordered people to drink Camel Urine (Shahi al Bukhari Vol 7 Bk 71, No 590 and also see No 589)? Are you aware that horse urine is the source of conjugagted equinine estrogens (CEE) and available as Premarin?

Do you suggest that I should ridicule you because the Prophet ordered the drinking of Camel Urine? Should I ridicule Islam for this? If I did, it would pnly expose me to your level of total illiteracy and lack of knowledge. It is because you are brainwashed to believe that Oriental medicine is hocus pocus, you display your abject ignorance. So I presume, by your level of intelligence, you would also ridicule CEE or horse urine being used!

Likewise in India, though it is not a religion diktat in Hindusim, but cow urine is used in ayurvedic practices. Does it mean that it is something hocus pocus?

Do understand Oriental medicines and practices are what the westerners are slowly turning to. Heard of Yoga?

It is time you studied your religion before exposing yourself as a "Islam illiterate". Stop pretending to be the sole Defender of the Faith, Learn your Faith instead and stop wearing it on your sleeve.

Let;s now analyse something more worldly that you speak of, even though you are quite ill equipped to do so as I have explained before.

Islam is the truth for you (even though you have shown your lack of knowledge of Islam and set yourself up for ridicule). Fair enough. Are you suggesting that in international relations, it is also to be accepted as the truth and thus sacrosant? Pray, why should non Islamic people also accept it as the truth and hence believe that what is being said will not be flouted?

This also show your total lack of depth in so far as understanding international relationship, international law or diplomacy.

It is better that you do not expose yourself any further.

It is not for me to hold Raptor's brief, but the language used is appaling low class. I am no fan of Queen Noor, but to use such language describing her, is most disgraceful and no gentleman would use such language. And Brutus was a noble man!

Remember, for every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom