What's new

Kho People of Chitral

I am my-self kho from Chitral and more than 90% of Chitral population is Kho. Kho people are not Kalash and are all Muslims. On various forums I have seen ignorant people lumping all people from North of Pakistan, Afghanistan and Kashmir into one group for convenience.This really irritates me. Dardic is just a linguistic group name not an ethnic one. Then there are other ignorant fellow countrymen from the south who call us Pushtoons which we are not. Kho people have a considerable population of more than half a million. They are also found in Ghizer in Gilgit, Swat, Badakshan, Kunduz, Balkh, Takhar, Uzbekistan and Istanbul Turkey. As for as Genetics is concerned The haplogroup R1b (Y-DNA) is found at a frequency of 80% among the Kho people. Many are in Paragroup M343, also found in some Central Asian peoples. I am sharing Some photos of Kho people. Long live Pakistan.
View attachment 364912View attachment 364913View attachment 364914View attachment 364915View attachment 364916View attachment 364918View attachment 364919View attachment 364920

MashAllah brother. I have a lot of relatives in Chitral. My spouse also hails from Chitral. We go almost each year to visit Chitral, Ayun. We have a little one now. She'll be visiting Ayun for the first time InshAllah. Can't wait!

12247773_615647231911044_2814800378174346393_o.jpg

You are right about the things you said about Kho people of Chitral. Very different and diverse.

MashAllah brother. I have a lot of relatives in Chitral. My spouse also hails from Chitral. We go almost each year to visit Chitral, Ayun. We have a little one now. She'll be visiting Ayun for the first time InshAllah. Can't wait!

12247773_615647231911044_2814800378174346393_o.jpg

You are right about the things you said about Kho people of Chitral. Very different and diverse.
Where are you from by the way???

Great info. Pakistanis especially of the older generations are extremely illiterate as far as the diversity of this country is concerned.

Indeed, the racial/ethnic diversity in Pakistan is mind boggling! I mean, there are tens of thousands of very white people to African-looking people and all in between.

I don't know if it is still in Pakistan's textbooks or not but way back then--I think in Bhutto's 'Social Studies' school coursework, only four major ethnic groups were mentioned--per the four provinces. The descriptions of each ethnic group looks quite amazing, in hindsight at least, with Punjabis being described as people of 'Mazboot Koolhe' (strong hips). LOL!!

Indeed, the racial/ethnic diversity in Pakistan is mind boggling! I mean, there are tens of thousands of very white people to African-looking people and all in between.

I don't know if it is still in Pakistan's textbooks or not but way back then--I think in Bhutto's 'Social Studies' school coursework, only four major ethnic groups were mentioned--per the four provinces. The descriptions of each ethnic group looks quite amazing, in hindsight at least, with Punjabis being described as people of 'Mazboot Koolhe' (strong hips). LOL!!

:lol:. I dont remember that phrase being mentioned in our social studies course. Having said that schools could do a much better job at explaining the diversity of this country. For example I never learnt about Hazaras till I was in my late teenages due to lack of exposure and no mention in school books.

Just came across this song posted by another member on PDF. I guess this is the relevant thread to post it in. Very sweet melody.

Back
Top Bottom