Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Key Afghan Taliban commander killed in drone strike: sources
By Zahir Shah Sherazi
Updated about a minute ago

PESHAWAR: A key Haqqani network commander Haji Gul was killed in the early morning US drone strike in Dand-i Darpakhel area of North Waziristan Agency, Dawn News quotes sources as saying on Thursday.

The drone strike also killed other prominent Afghan Taliban commanders identified as Mufti Sofian and Commander Abu Bakar.

Intelligence and local Taliban sources also confirmed that the drone strikes in Dand-i-Darpakhel targeted some explosive laden vehicles which were meant for some mission across the border.

The sources also believe that the militant group was preparing a squad and about to leave when it was attacked.

Some other commanders killed in the strike have been identified as Commander Yasin Gardezi, Abdullah Khan, Commander Jamil, Commander Asadullah. Their driver Noor Khan was also killed.

The local Taliban and tribesmen have also confirmed that the compound targeted belonged to members of the Afghan Taliban network.

commander? i thought he was just a fighter because their commanders are in khost , paktia etc

Daily we hear about drones attacks but are these articles really authentic ?

If i am not wrong US agreed to stop Drone strikes inside Pakistan.........

up against TTP not against afghani

Was that part of the agreement? If that is the case then US is contradicting themselves..... They always used to say There is no good or bad taliban.......

Was that part of the agreement? If that is the case then US is contradicting themselves..... They always used to say There is no good or bad taliban.......
do u really think thats how things work in that part of the country? 98 perecnt drone strikes are carried out on Haqqani talibs and 1 percent against al qaeda and 1 percent against TTP

do u really think thats how things work in that part of the country? 98 perecnt drone strikes are carried out on Haqqani talibs and 1 percent against al qaeda and 1 percent against TTP

If you meant number of strikes, then you are absolutely right..... But if you calculate the effect of strike then the percentage could go to 100% because the Top leadership of TTP was removed by the same drone.....I dont think drones could do that much impact to either haqqani or other al quaeda groups

If you meant number of strikes, then you are absolutely right..... But if you calculate the effect of strike then the percentage could go to 100% because the Top leadership of TTP was removed by the same drone.....I dont think drones could do that much impact to either haqqani or other al quaeda groups
only 3 strikes out of how many and that to when GOVT was signing peace accord with baitullah , hakkemullah , wali ur rehman ... doesnt it look suspicious about american CIA policy

TTP wont go away as they are having the support of the masses. PAF has to adjust with TTP .

Back
Top Bottom