ranjeet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
What is happening in Kerala, Why U Ban Liqour
1102400.jpg

Kerala: Partial prohibition on liquor from April 2015 - IBNLive

Thiruvananthapuram:United Democratic Front has decided to impose partial prohibition on liquor in Kerala from April 2015. Bars will be allowed only in five star hotels in Kerala.

Chief Minister Oommen chandy and Muslim league have been pushing for prohibition. Bar licences will not be issued for 418 closed bars and licences will be cancelled for remaining 312 bars.

Kerala government is planning total prohibition in the state in next 10 years.

@Indischer @Ravi Nair @arp2041 @Sam Manekshaw @Robinhood Pandey

Now ,partial Prohibition of Alcohol, next is ban on tobacco smoking,
Tomorrow BAN on MUSIC,films,tv,entertainment.
Future--SHARIA LAW ENFORCED.
You see where this is going on?
I welcome the partial prohibition of Alcohol, atleast that will wake up the sleeping hindus in Kerala who are too drunk most of the time to see what is happening around.

Last edited:
According to TASMAC shops close to the Kerala border, this is a great decision :)

This is not gonna sit well with the Christian community, a lot of people that I know from Kerala drink. So not sure how this going to play with them.

This is not gonna sit well with the Christian community, a lot of people that I know from Kerala drink. So not sure how this going to play with them.
Kerala’s Liquor Pains | Tehelka.com

Though Sudheeran has detractors within the party and the government, many prominent communities in Kerala are with him on the liquor issue. The Church as well as Muslims oppose the consumption of liquor on religious grounds and so do not approve of the existing policy that allows the mushrooming of liquor dens in the state. Though many Christians are involved in the liquor business, Church leaders agree with Sudheeran’s view that the state should enforce prohibition in a phased manner. The Indian Union Muslim League, too, is in favour of prohibition.

Interestingly, the article also states that the industry is worth 10,000 crores :O, and accounts for 20% of the revenue, quite a big loss to the state. It is also going to affect tourism, not all people can afford to drink at 5 star hotels. I hope the govt has planned for all of this, if they are going to go ahead with it.

Last edited:
Look at the events of past few days -

They fought for pork being served at a function of a school. There was fish for Muslims but they were not content with that and had issue how dare others have pork in their presence

The Vande matram dance was being performed by a group but as usual Islamists got it banished even though they were not the ones singing or performing on it.

Then the advertisement for Muslim/Christians only Jobs!!

Now Islamists got the liquor banished in the state. Lots of people travel to Kerala for vacation and now instead of scotch/beer/whiskey they will only be served coconut water. Cool isn't it?

What's next? Sharia law in Kerala!! Rename God's own country to Allah's own country?? Good luck Keralites, you are going to witness more of such things in the days to come!! These very appeasement tactics of Congress turned the whole nation against them and I am glad they are doing the same in Kerala!! It's about time for Kerala to kick congress out!!

Last edited:
Muslim league huh. Again great news for mallus. I think more of such laws should be introduced :coffee:

Look at the events of past few days -

They fought for pork being served at a function of a school. There was fish for Muslims but they were not content with that and had issue how dare others have pork in their presence

The Vande matram dance was being performed by a group but as usual Islamists got it banished even though they were not the ones singing or performing on it.

Then the advertisement for Muslim/Christians only Jobs!!

Now Islamists got the liquor banished in the state. Lots of people travel to Kerala for vacation and now instead of scotch/beer/whiskey they will only be served coconut water. Cool isn't it?

What's next? Sharia law in Kerala!! Rename God's own country to Allah's own country?? Good luck Keralites, you are going to witness more of such things in the days to come!! These very appeasement tactics of Congress turned the whole nation against them and I am glad they are doing the same in Kerala!! It's about time for Kerala to kick the congress out!!
The strong will always bully the meek. Law of the land. Nothing we can do about it, their choice

Liquor is banned in Gujarat too.

I welcome this move by the kerala govt. Even right things done for the wrong reasons need to be applauded.

It is a bold and courageous move.

This may however have a short term impact tourism and state revenue. Hopefully that will make them move away from communism.

I will wait for the day they ban beef in kerala. Maybe the Hindu's need to link the banning of beef to banning of pork. That way they just might get more support and balance.

Last edited:
In Kerala, is there a UDF-ML coalition government? It appears that Kerala is not going to totally dry from next year, but alcohol selling outlets will be closed down gradually over a period of 10 years.

Besides, this move is stupid because it will only raise the liquor prices and help flourishing illegal businesses.
----------------------------------------------------------

Thiruvananthapuram: It is curtains for bars in the state. Giving a deadly blow to the liquor lobby and bringing cheers to the prohibitionists, the UDF on Thursday decided to permit bars only in five-star hotels from April 1 next year.

Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after the UDF meeting that the 418 closed bars would not be reopened and that the remaining 312 bars functioning at present would also be closed down after seeking legal opinion.

Sunday will also be a dry day apart from the first day of every month, thus adding another 52 dry days. The two-hour-long meeting of all the UDF allies held at Cliff House under the chairmanship of Mr Chandy decided not to issue new licences to three and four-star hotels. “The aim is to bring in total prohibition in a phased manner,” Mr Chandy said.

“Ten per cent of beverages outlets will be closed down every year from next year onwards. The UDF policy is to bring in total prohibition in a phased manner within 10 years,” said Mr Chandy.
He added that steps would be taken to rehabilitate the jobless bar employees.

While five percent of the income from the total sales at the Bevco outlets will be used for their rehabilitation, one percent will be utilised for anti-liquor campaigns.

“The programme to rehabilitate the bar staff and the anti-liquor campaign will be known as Punarjani 2030 which will pave the way for all the 333 lakh Malayalis to join hands with the initiative. These decisions will come into effect from the day the government issues the order in the light of today’s UDF meeting,” Mr Chandy said.

The dramatic announcement by Mr Chandy at the UDF meeting brought instant relief to party leaders, vexed by the lingering stalemate ever since the 418 substandard bars were shut down following a court order. The announcement is seen as something similar to the arrack ban of former CM, Mr A K Antony. Kerala government to allow bars only in 5-star hotels

Last edited:
In Kerala, is there a UDF-ML coalition government?

Besides, this move is stupid because it will only raise the liquor prices and help flourishing illegal businesses.

Is that why drugs are so easily sold in pakistan ? to prevent their illegal business ?

Is that why drugs are so easily sold in pakistan ? to prevent their illegal business ?
Can you discuss something without dragging Pakistan into it? What wrong I have said? You cant see the difference between drugs and Alcohol? How many people have you seen gulping down drugs to get intoxicated?

So no more Kerela holidays in winter for me :undecided:

Why no alcohol available in your home state .That You have to travel take to drink in different state.

Why have you been selling drugs in Pakistan that you know this.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom