What's new

Kaveri engine to power fifth generation fighter aircraft

correct headline should be "Kaveri engine to power fifth generation fighter aircraft after 10 decades"

There are a few things that you overlooked. Let me try to explain.

1. you said that the weight will increase, it will not, the empty weight of both the aircraft is 11 tons. The empty weight of AMCA would be inclusive of the internal weapons bay.

Doubtfull, giving the fact that AMCA in generall will have a similar size like EF, Rafale, or the planed Mig 35, the empty weight should be similar + addition of the internal weapon bays and increased fuel (don't forget a stealth fighter has to carry all the fuel internally) and the reduction of weight is not our best field (LCA, LCH, Kaveri engine).

2. F-35 has a MTOW of 31+ tons, whereas the MTOW of MCA would be close to 24 tons. That's 30% less weight. It doesn't matter how much of it is fuel or weapons, in the end its all weight...

...So all of it suggests that AMCA would be more maneuverable than the F-35. I can not for certain say for the supercruising ability though, because we will need a dry thrust of around 65+ KN for super cruising. Anything less won't help in super cruising.

The TWR is not calculated with the MTOW, but normally with the AB thrust / empty weight + internal fuel.
Moreover, I was talking about the SC capability as we can see on EF, or Gripen NG, it's only possible with limited weight. So if AMCA at least with internal fuel should be able to SC, it should have a comparable TWR as well, besides less drag.
But as you can see at the F35, less drag because of no external load and a dry thrust of 125kN is not enough to do it, AMCA the way you discribe it will have a similar weight and a similar dry thrust as well, that's why I said that SC has to be seen first.

EF - 120kN dry / 11t empty + fuel and weapons (+ drag of external loads) can SC

Gripen NG - 124kN dry / 7.1t empty + fuel and weapons (+ drag of external loads) can SC

F35 - 125kN dry / 13.3t empty + fuel and weapons (- drag of external loads) can' SC

AMCA - 120 to 125 dry / imo ~13t empty + fuel and weapons (- drag of external loads) SC ?

correct headline should be "Kaveri engine to power fifth generation fighter aircraft after 10 decades"

10 decades..??/ 100 years.. thats a big big delay.. i guess its seems that u think the AMCA programme was started by lord mackaulay in 1900's.

@mods... can you guys once again define the meaning of trolling .. Its getting confused seeing how freely, this member is let off ...

10 decades..??/ 100 years.. thats a big big delay.. i guess its seems that u think the AMCA programme was started by lord mackaulay in 1900's.

@mods... can you guys once again define the meaning of trolling .. Its getting confused seeing how freely, this member is let off ...

he/she/watever is an indian thats what i get the answer everytime i ask the mods :eek: :pdf:

Could you ever in your life stick to topic and discuss???
You are 2317 one liners old now.....
I'm on topic only but for u it always seems off topic..Simple point i always assert in any case do the work rather than making some tall claims.Tall claims looks good when u achieve them.Today u have a kaveri engine which is not even Worth to fly LCA MK-1 and here u r making tall claims that it will fly on 5th generation aircraft.

Chane ke jhad par bahut chada diya PSUs ne ask them come down now.

Doubtfull, giving the fact that AMCA in generall will have a similar size like EF, Rafale, or the planed Mig 35, the empty weight should be similar + addition of the internal weapon bays and increased fuel (don't forget a stealth fighter has to carry all the fuel internally) and the reduction of weight is not our best field (LCA, LCH, Kaveri engine).

AMCA won't have a similar size like Rafale, it will have a similar weight like those aircraft. It would be smaller than the Typhoon and Rafale.

The AMCA would have a 11 ton empty weight + 5-6 tons of fuel + 5-6 tons of weapons at max.

The TWR is not calculated with the MTOW, but normally with the AB thrust / empty weight + internal fuel.
Moreover, I was talking about the SC capability as we can see on EF, or Gripen NG, it's only possible with limited weight. So if AMCA at least with internal fuel should be able to SC, it should have a comparable TWR as well, besides less drag.
But as you can see at the F35, less drag because of no external load and a dry thrust of 125kN is not enough to do it, AMCA the way you discribe it will have a similar weight and a similar dry thrust as well, that's why I said that SC has to be seen first.

EF - 120kN dry / 11t empty + fuel and weapons (+ drag of external loads) can SC

Gripen NG - 124kN dry / 7.1t empty + fuel and weapons (+ drag of external loads) can SC

F35 - 125kN dry / 13.3t empty + fuel and weapons (- drag of external loads) can' SC

AMCA - 120 to 125 dry / imo ~13t empty + fuel and weapons (- drag of external loads) SC ?

Yes, T/W ratio is calculated with a default loaded config with wet thrust. But I was just trying to prove how AMCA would fare better than the F-35. For comparisons, we can calculate T/W ratio in any condition.

Gripen, and Typhoon can super cruise because of their airframes. The airframes have a relaxed stability with canards. The center of gravity is well balanced. The same is not true for F-35. The F-35 is not aerodynamic. In fact its airframe has more drag than Typhoon with weapons. Any weapon or tank that is mounted is designed to be aerodynamic and even wings are put on them so that they don't affect the lift generated by the fuselage. The weapons maybe be stored in internal bays, but that internal bay has to be integrated into the airframe, which means a larger, bulkier airframe, which means more drag.

I just discussed about the SC ability of Gripen, and why it is capable of it even with a small engine in another forum a few days back. I can copy paste it or you can check it out yourself if you want.

I'm on topic only but for u it always seems off topic..Simple point i always assert in any case do the work rather than making some tall claims.Tall claims looks good when u achieve them.Today u have a kaveri engine which is not even Worth to fly LCA MK-1 and here u r making tall claims that it will fly on 5th generation aircraft.

LCA 's integration of GE happened much before the recent tests of kaveri engine in russia, hence its been considered as an option for AMCA. Its been suggested that if kaveri is not ready by that time , GE-414 will even power AMCA instead.

But ur motive is well know for ur previous random appearing on threads putting flame baites and the dissapearing act which follows..

Trolling rules doesnt affect you for some strange reasons.. hence requesting you to keep away from meaning ful discussions,
You can on spare time search for articles on kashmir or something and mass post it on the relevant threads..:wave:

U r such a Namak Har... You must be one of those who has recd good education from India. got job in US due to it and now abusing the one who has given you this life. Even you father will start hating you, if he ever go thru your mails/ replies. shame on you......

Alright. Then I must remind you, this is India, a country that was almost broke 2 decades back. The world is still surprised how a 3rd world country full of hungry people is progressing the way it is.
You shouldn't expect the first jet engine to be ready within a decade and meet all requirements too. And tall claims are required, or else no one would provide funding and the program wouldn't even start. I doubt you know anything about manufacturing and research. I am into research and I know how tough it is, not just to work but also arrange for resources required for my work.

Bash them only if you're better than them, if not, its better to stay quiet.

YOU KNOW WHAT MATE YOU SPEAK SO MUCH TECINCALITY THAT EVEN SOME PROFESSIONAL FIND IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND SO PLZ COME DOWN TO EARTH AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU SINGLE HANDLY MADE GLIDERS TO HELI ,TO SPACE CRAFT ,TO MARTIAN CRAFT TO 5thh GEN AIRCRAFT ,,PLZ COME FORWARD TEACH US oooooooooo PLZ ....:frown::rolleyes::rolleyes::coffee::lazy: AM WAITING WE ALL ARE WAITING

F-35 may not be a very good example... it is a bit overweight for it's class.

U r such a Namak Har... You must be one of those who has recd good education from India. got job in US due to it and now abusing the one who has given you this life. Even you father will start hating you, if he ever go thru your mails/ replies. shame on you......

Clam down man..even if he has been registered with a US IP and he puts an Indian flag as his home country does not mean he is Indian..How do you really know where he is from?

Back
Top Bottom