What's new

Kargil war was a total disaster, claims Gen Majeed Malik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Gen. Majeed sobering up after a long slumber? matching his timing with Musharaf's visit to India!!!!

All critiques owe us the explanation to why was it such a disaster? or perhaps Gen. Majeed is keeping the wraps on technicalities, due to security reasons?

Seriously, can you get a real soldier here contradict what part this real General is telling false?

It would be interesting.

When exactly did you have the upper hand apart from occupying empty bunkers?

It still matters. Pakistan gained strategic peaks. Thats still a win-win.

What did India gain, nothing.

Pakistan gained something moved the LOC even down more into the Indian territory.

Thats still a victory.

it is a fact that more casualties occurred during the retrieve .

Had Pakistan kept pressing on the Leh, India would have been at a strategic disadvantage.

What brilliant thinking. The only theater left for war would be Kashmir valley and Jammu.

Hahaha...I wish your Generals were such utter dumb fools to do that, but unfortunately they are not.

How do you propose pressing on to Leh which is about 100 miles inside LoC when you couldnt even supply 10 miles to Dras and Kargil !!!

Your soldiers wouldnt even have managed to run back across the LoC as they did in other sectors.

It still matters. Pakistan gained strategic peaks. Thats still a win-win.

What did India gain, nothing.

Pakistan gained something moved the LOC even down more into the Indian territory.

Thats still a victory.

Its a pretty sad life if you guys have to lie to yourselves to make yourselves feel better :rofl:

Its a pretty sad life if you guys have to lie to yourselves to make yourselves feel better :rofl:

You are a blithering idiot, if you don't think thats a victory.

Go to Bharat Rakshak, if you want to trash talk.

Pakistan still gained something. lol:lol:

ha, sigh stupid Indians don't fail to amuse me.

what nonsense.. Pakistan still has peak 5353 :rofl:

Atleast we gained something, what did you gain other than Indian soldiers in bodybags. lol :lol:

Its nonsense flowing from your mouth, not mine.

Go to Bharat Rakshak if you want talk nonsense.

Y

Atleast we gained something, what did you gain other than Indian soldiers in bodybags. lol :lol:

Oh we did enjoy killing a lot of those terrorists up there.

Nothing beats having so many chicken to slaughter at once!!!

You should have watched them running back wishing they could re-enter the womb they came out of, alas not many got a chance to do that, we even had to bury them on our soil, pity.

You are a blithering idiot, if you don't think thats a victory.

Go to Bharat Rakshak, if you want to trash talk.

Pakistan still gained something. lol:lol:

ha, sigh stupid Indians don't fail to amuse me.

The only idiot here is yourself if you think you actually gained anything (much less land) from Kargil War. And you confused "Indian" with Pakistani in the bolded part :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
We got TT's here who are soldiers. We all know what went down.

This statement is purely political at a time when everyone betting on their horses in Pakistan.

i can give you some pakistani generals serving under musharraf during kargil and they are not in politics saying that it was blunder

here is one for you

Last edited by a moderator:
Well kargil was a good hunting ground for us we killed so many terrorists up there (i wont call them soldiers coz gop says so)

Indian newspapers and their public believe--or say they believe--that the conflict in Dras-Kargil last year was a military victory for India. In fact, it was a war 'won' by briefings and a slavishly supportive media. The Indian public wanted to be assured of 'victory,' and every effort was made to provide that assurance. Kargil was disastrous for Pakistan in worldwide political terms, and was an important public relations coup for the Indian government, both internally (in the run-up to the election), and internationally. But militarily it was a shambles for India whose brave but ill-prepared soldiers suffered gravely and would have sustained even heavier casualties had the conflict continued. The prime minister of Pakistan was ordered by the president of the United States to withdraw his troops from a successful military operation and this was done in time to save the Vajpayee government from the wave of criticism that would have swamped it had the confrontation not been stopped.

Source: "War Drums are Beating" Brian Cloughley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom