What's new

Kargil war was a total disaster, claims Gen Majeed Malik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new for the rest of the world :drag: Only a few PDF Pakistanis might find this factual account different from the imaginary history they like to live in...

It was simply a waste of Pakistani money.

Though it was the final year when US was handling your economy, this misadventure cost you so much: trained troops, millions of bucks and international image. And to make it worse, it further derailed your relations with your main backer; USA.

What was the point of this war? It achieved nothing.

Yeh log kam hi gaali sunane wale karte hain koi kya kare.i diplomatic relations kya hote hain inhe pata hi kuch arse pehle hua hai

Nothing new for the rest of the world :drag: Only a few PDF Pakistanis might find this factual account different from the imaginary history they like to live in...

We got TT's here who are soldiers. We all know what went down.

This statement is purely political at a time when everyone betting on their horses in Pakistan.

The best part from Indian side was not to cross the LoC and go through Azad Kashmir Once India showed restrain all the world came on India's side. I must say our politicians are master players when come to international relations.

The best part from Indian side was not to cross the LoC and go through Azad Kashmir Once India showed restrain all the world came on India's side. I must say our politicians are master players when come to international relations.

I would have preferred permission to armed forces to do all that is necessary to get the objectives achieved with minimal loss of life on our side. I value our lives more than the condescending eyes of the world.

He isn't saying anything that Non-Pakistanis don't know already. Some delusional PDF members will ignore it all though.

Sir can u explain as to how it would have been a success if implemented in the time of it's inception??

Kargil was a blunder done by Pakistan.

Kargil was a brilliant tactical success, but a stratigic failure.

Surprise,surprise you found it out.
On topic - They could have never got it right.

If memory serves me right,

The initial Kargil plans were made in 80s by Brigadier Musharraf.

That time was just ripe to cut and severely hamper Indian operations.

Pakistan Air Force had the edge, Kashmir struggle on ground was in force, and Indian Punjab was a blaze.

Tell me, the plan was anything short of brilliant !

This statement is purely political at a time when everyone betting on their horses in Pakistan.

Yes , You are Right . Kargil was a Glittering Sucess for Pakistan Army . Claiming NLI is 'mujahedeens" and then running from country to country to ask to Stop India and Decimating whatever Little Case they had about Kashmir in Global Arena .
Nonetheless , with all due respect i would Pakistan Army to take several more Steps Like this . They Harm themselves more than what India Harms them .

Pakistan Air Force had the edge, Kashmir struggle on ground was in force, and Indian Punjab was a blaze.

Tell me, the plan was anything but brilliant !

I agree with you on this one .

Tell me, the plan was anything short of brilliant !

Yes I agree with you...This might be master stroke from Pakistan, in case it has been executed...I am sorry, i did not understand your post when you have suggested earlier.

Well, it was a lost opportunity when we had the upper hand.

Its ok, it wasn't a complete waste.

I know we did gain a few strategic peaks.

Pakistan still gained land.

Seriously, can you get a real soldier here contradict what part this real General is telling false?

It would be interesting.

When exactly did you have the upper hand apart from occupying empty bunkers?

Your major claims otherwise...

Not that it matters anymore. Kargil was a perfect war if both India and Pakistan are happy with its outcome :P

Your major claims otherwise...

Not that it matters anymore. Kargil was a perfect war if both India and Pakistan are happy with its outcome :P

Had Pakistan kept pressing on the Leh, India would have been at a strategic disadvantage.

What brilliant thinking. The only theater left for war would be Kashmir valley and Jammu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom