What's new

Karachi: Asia's biggest food and entertainment resort opening next month

One question -- I think its pretty foolish but nevertheless i will ask it.

The 200 entry amount -- Does that include any limited amount of food ? OR is that just an entry fee ? Also since its termed as a resort - Can people stay overnight if rooms are available ? Are they offering these facilities ?

If not
If its just an entry fee then have to admit -- it seems pretty steep !! Just to let you all know i havent come across any place in India which charges such steep amount as 'Entry Fee'. Even the water parks and theme parks charge max 150 per person.

One question -- I think its pretty foolish but nevertheless i will ask it.

The 200 entry amount -- Does that include any limited amount of food ? OR is that just an entry fee ? Also since its termed as a resort - Can people stay overnight if rooms are available ? Are they offering these facilities ?

The entry fee is for entry only, it would not include anything else. As for the resort part, it is not termed as a resort in its official website. More of a Food Court, that is the category which it would fall under.

Port Grand

If its just an entry fee then have to admit -- it seems pretty steep !! Just to let you all know i havent come across any place in India which charges such steep amount as 'Entry Fee'. Even the water parks and theme parks charge max 150 per person.

It is based in a locality which has extensive amounts of financially well off people. This is based in Sea View which is basically an upper middle/upper class area. Surrounding areas include Clifton, Defense and other such places which are anonymous with the rich of Pakistan and so they would not find it difficult to shell this amount.

Most of the people in these areas consider expensive places to be the only ones worth visiting. Only because the lower classes are not there and they can then mingle with their 'exalted' kind. Trust me, you should see how snobby and arrogant most of the people in these areas are.

It is based in a locality which has extensive amounts of financially well off people. This is based in Sea View which is basically an upper middle/upper class area. Surrounding areas include Clifton, Defense and other such places which are anonymous with the rich of Pakistan and so they would not find it difficult to shell this amount.

Most of the people in these areas consider expensive places to be the only ones worth visiting. Only because the lower classes are not there and they can then mingle with their 'exalted' kind. Trust me, you should see how snobby and arrogant most of the people in these areas are.

Is it financially viable project, when such kind Upper class are not many to fill in all the tables all the days.

Is it financially viable project, when such kind Upper class are not many to fill in all the tables all the days.

At least the project financiers think that there are enough upper middle and uber rich to keep the project running. And they invested in a time of recession when everybody is withdrawing their investments.

Karachi has a fair population of where-did-the-money-come-from elites who'll pay be it five hundred for entrances to exclusive places. Country club memberships in Karachi are on the average above two million.

Great - Even though I am originally from Lahore I still love Karachi a lot more then Lahore.
iluvkhi-bluelt.gif

I'm from FATA-ville (as S-2 used to call it) and I say I LOVEEEE KARACHI and Karachiites.

Salute from the bottom of my Chinar tree...

and best of luck for this project, may it blossom and grow. Insha'Allah

military_69.gif

Suicide bombers might be covered but what about your local thugs and gangs? That's a bigger problem in Karachi. Seeing as this will be a prestigious place, this place might become their dream come true.

what happens to them in Clifton/Defence??

(honest question)

simple answer is people have to wait for tabels to get empty!
i hope this adress you worries better!

One of our minister Fouzia Rehman was telling on TV that indian counterparts told them Pakistan's biggest problem is its people are rich and ministers are poor. :lol:

You assume that such kind of upper class is not many, knowing that you might not accept the the reality, it would be best for me to say no, it wont be financially viable. There are only 10 rich people in Karachi and they cannot fill the tables each and every day.

what happens to them in Clifton/Defence??

(honest question)

They mostly do not dare touch the "connected" people since they know that the future might not be well. However, many make the mistake (or the extremely bold ones) and the police can usually catch them. The middle-middle class is the biggest victim of robberies in Pakistan. I can scourge crime statistics region and victim's income wise if you want (I know they are kept low so as to show "efficiency").

PS:-In exceptional cases, the "daring" ones can be the financial wing of the militant organizations as well.

You assume that such kind of upper class is not many, knowing that you might not accept the the reality, it would be best for me to say no, it wont be financially viable. There are only 10 rich people in Karachi and they cannot fill the tables each and every day.

There is nothing to like or not like it. It will be a economic factor. You are just assuming (without any valid reason) that I would not like something good about pakistan.

I am just talking in pure economic sense, You dont have to bring nationalism into this.

The said food court is spead in a large area somthing like 14 Hectares. Numbers wise home many restaurants and how many tables are we talking about. If it runs into thousands, it will become difficult to fill in those said tables with steep entry fees.

There will a quite a number of rich people in all the major cities and that will include Karachi, the point this is not the only place trying to attact them every single day.

Back
Top Bottom