What's new

K-8 (JL-8, L-11) Basic Jet Trainer

on the contrary - pak gets a share of the international sales of NAMC K-8 due to the fact that we have invested 25% in the development cost., and sales of K-8 are going well to 3rd world airforces. recently Venazuela has ordered a batch of K-8s for its airforce.

i think PAF has 12 K-8s in its inventory and a further 26 are on order for a total of 2 sqdns.

Just curious, will Pakistan get a piece from Egyptian line that the Chinese helped?

Also, Venezuela seems to have reduced the number from initial order of 24(?) to 18(?).

We have 20 K-8s and 8 will arrive in september and another 20 by next march. If every thing goes ok. With 48 we will have enough to train pilots on both platforms and get rid of FT-5's.

Will the T-37 be retired when the last batch of K-8 arrive, or have they been retired already?

Will the T-37 be retired when the last batch of K-8 arrive, or have they been retired already?

they will continue as 20 examples from USAF EDA stocks are to be delivered soon by mid-2010. the T-37A/B examples have been retired but the T-37C will continue in PAF service.

I think PAF has only 12 K-8's in its inventory which is quite less. They should try to build as they are 25% partner in this program like they should try to build another 48-58 K-8's in next 4-5 years to satisfy the need as it was once planned to about 100+ in nos. like Egypt with western avionics and engines also:pakistan:.

I think PAF has only 12 K-8's in its inventory which is quite less. They should try to build as they are 25% partner in this program like they should try to build another 48-58 K-8's in next 4-5 years to satisfy the need as it was once planned to about 100+ in nos. like Egypt with western avionics and engines also:pakistan:.

your thinking is quite out-dated - lot has happened since then!

Last edited:
your thinking is quite dated - lot has happened since then!

I agree with you.

In addition to that, and correct me if I am wrong, PAC Kamra manufactures part of the K-8 airframe (fin, tail,etc roughly about 25% airframe) and they are sent to china where they are assembled and then re-imported. PAC/PAF decided against having an assembly line for the K-8 trainer here in Pakistan for financial reasons.

Btw, again correct if I am wrong, the PAF K-8 are the most advanced K-8s in operation today.

We have 20 K-8s and 8 will arrive in september and another 20 by next march. If every thing goes ok. With 48 we will have enough to train pilots on both platforms and get rid of FT-5's.
hope it will happen on time as planed

Back
Top Bottom