What's new

Just wondering

Shamain

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indians u use words like sajish, jaroorat, jiada etc etc

Why dont u do the same to english words with same sound as 's' and 'z'.

I ujed a mobile.
Dolly got a seijure attack.
Jebra ij an animal. (Zebra is an animal)
pdf got eastern jombies. (Zombies)
The road ij jig-jag (zigzag)
The thread ij clojed.

I ujed a mobile.
The thread ij clojed.

I am sure you know India is such a big country and pronunciation changes from states to states...... Forget state, I live in one of the smallest state in the country with a population of 33 million people, for every 100 kms the pronunciation changes, and most of us can make out which district they are from by talking to them for few minutes......

So you cannot say Indians use words as you mentioned, Yes some section of us may be..... I got a senior who is from orisa, and when ever he uses the word "Workshop" it sounds like "Whatsapp", it took some time for me to understand this....:)...... We mallu's also has a peculiar way of pronouncing "O" which people make fun of.....

I ujed a mobile.
The thread ij clojed.
chyria Ka bacha marr gya
Kiya abey tujhe kiya ager syria ka badsha marr gaya tu kiyoun pershan hey
Nahien sahab
chyria Ka bacha marr gya...cheeriya ka bacha
i want to say Chidya (sparow) ka bacha marr gaya :omghaha:
that happen when my uncle comes across with Bangladeshi fellow who is reporting him saying his pet sparrow died outside. (my uncle was deployed in Bangladesh and Bangladeshi was sentry)

I ujed a mobile.
The thread ij clojed.

People don't pronounce the "z" sound that is found in some urdu/persian words because there is no equivalent Z sound in Hindi alphabet. Its like Arabs pronouncing P as B. Although the people who are familiar with that particular urdu word would make the adjustment and pronounce it as Z.

Hope this helps,

The “z” sound is written in Hindi using the ज (ja) and putting a dot underneath it like this: ज़ (za) However, it is very common for books and writings to leave this dot off. I’ve been reading a book call ओली और पोली (olii aur polii) and it does not put this dot. This episode will go over some of the words that have the ज character in words, some are supposed to be pronounced as ज (ja) and some as ज़ (za). How are you to tell the difference? You can look it up in the dictionary. The ordering in the dictionary is not changed by the dot underneath the letter. There are a few common words that have the “za” sound. You will quickly learn those words as you read more and more Hindi.

When you are writing, I would always recommend putting the dot to avoid this confusion.

ज (ja) or ज़ (za)?

After hearing Shoaib Akhtar give post match interviews in English (?) in his earlier playing days, I do think the Queen was kinder to this side of the fence.

God save the Queen (from Shoaib Akhtar)

I did a trip to Assam and this is how they pronounce

Vijay - Bijoy
Vikas - Bhikas
Van - Bhen
Jal - Jol
Box - Bhox
Shop - Soap

Basically the local dialect effects how the words are pronounced, because vocal chords are tuned to making a specific type of sound. So this happens involuntary, none the less we adjust ourselves across the country almost at every few 100kms.

I did a trip to Assam and this is how they pronounce

Vijay - Bijoy
Vikas - Bhikas
Van - Bhen
Jal - Jol
Box - Bhox
Shop - Soap

Basically the local dialect effects how the words are pronounced, because vocal chords are tuned to making a specific type of sound. So this happens involuntary, none the less we adjust ourselves across the country almost at every few 100kms.

Out side kerala and TN, I find it difficult to use my name, and always i had to spell it..... I have "O" in my name and most of them will use "A" instead.......So i normally tell my name followed by spelling.....

bhai Hindi hai Urdu ni Unkay words change hain jese Arabic me Pay ni hot Or wo Pakistan ki jgha Bakistan bolte hain ya Pepsi ko Bepsi

Isi trha hindi me bhi hai

Hum bolte hain Phat gai wo bolte hain fhat gai
hum bolte pharu wo bolte faru
hum bolte zabrdast wo bolte jabardast

Hindi me pay ni hai is liye Fay use hota
same zay ki jagha Jay

Samjhe ???

Bhai, hum Pagal ko fhagal nahi bolte, similarly papad ko fhapad nahi bolte aur puppi ko fhapi nahi bolte :P
Hindi mein "P" ... is प, its exists very much. But pronunciation of same differ in some region due to effect of regional dialect.

Out side kerala and TN, I find it difficult to use my name, and always i had to spell it..... I have "O" in my name and most of them will use "A" instead.......So i normally tell my name followed by spelling.....

And people give extra "A" to me, from Viny to Vinay :P

Bhai, hum Pagal ko fhagal nahi bolte, similarly papad ko fhapad nahi bolte aur puppi ko fhapi nahi bolte :P
Hindi mein "P" ... is प, its exists very much. But pronunciation of same differ.

And people give extra "A" to me, from Viny to Vinay :P

OH sorry bhai :D :P thanks for info :D

Back
Top Bottom