What's new

Just in: India's 4,000-km range Agni-IV ballistic missile test-fired. (File photo from earlier test)

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Just in: India's 4,000-km range Agni-IV ballistic missile test-fired. (File photo from earlier test)
C1JV0JtW8AEFXrN.jpg

http://www.india.com/news/india/agn...-to-know-about-the-ballistic-missile-1735765/

Just a week after the successful test of long range ballistic missile Agni-V on December 26, India’s ballistic missile, Agni-IV has been successfully flight-tested from Balasore, Odisha today. India’s strategic missile Agni-IV is a two-stage, surface-to-surface missile that is 20 metres long and weighs 17 tonnes. It has the capacity to carry a one-tonne nuclear warhead over a distance of 4,000 km.

The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has designed and developed the missile. As per report, the tri-Services’ Strategic Forces Command (SFC), which is entrusted with India’s nuclear weapons, will fire the missile. On December 26 last year, the DRDO successfully test-fired Agni-V, with a range of more than 5,000 km from a canister mounted on a road-mobile launcher on the Abdul Kalam Island. Agni-IV is the sixth test of the missile and second user associate launch.
Here’s all you need to know about the ballistic missile :
Agni-IVis the fourth in the Agni series of missiles and has been developed by India’s DRDO.
Agni-IV bridges the gap between Agni-II and Agni-III and has displayed a number of new technologies and significant improvement in missile technology.
Agni IV can take a warhead of 1 tonne and is designed to increase the kill efficiency along with a higher range performance.
It is a two-stage missile powered by solid propellant and can be fired from a road mobile launcher.
Its length is 20 meters and launches weight 17 tonnes. Agni IV is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies, which include indigenously developed ring laser gyro and composite rocket motor.
Efforts are being made to fine-tuning the Agni missiles to defeat anti-ballistic missile systems. Radar and other signatures of Agni-IV have been significantly reduced to make them much more immune to counter-measures.
Agni-IV has undergone one failed and four successful tests over the course of five years.

Why don't make it a cons launch like Agni 5. Agni is so advanced version of Agni 2. Home we make more variants in small size for 750-2000 km launched from tubes aiming at Pakistanis

China will say India should stop its missile program ASAP :P

Problem could be now China will be forced to increase in missiles against india which will get direct response from Nato countries especially US and Australia and Japan will rethink about its capabilities against China. No wonder they keep whining at UN. With even 100 warheads is more than sufficient to neutralize Chinese threat

Back to back tests of the AGNI series, any specific reason for the same or just plain coincidence?

India has now all range of ballistic missiles that will safeguard its reservations..
Next is cruse missiles..
With time we will be self sufficient in every defence field..
And its good to see that its not on the cost of economy..

Why don't make it a cons launch like Agni 5. Agni is so advanced version of Agni 2. Home we make more variants in small size for 750-2000 km launched from tubes aiming at Pakistanis

China will say India should stop its missile program ASAP :P

Problem could be now China will be forced to increase in missiles against india which will get direct response from Nato countries especially US and Australia and Japan will rethink about its capabilities against China. No wonder they keep whining at UN. With even 100 warheads is more than sufficient to neutralize Chinese threat
Stupid, ur nuclear warhead yield 20k at most, with our million tons thermo Yet no Chinese is boasting like Indians

just wonder india is going to buy our terra system?
Most probably!!! They said two customers for export. One could be India. We love to add more advanced radar intelligence day by day

Stupid, ur nuclear warhead yield 20k at most, with our million tons thermo Yet no Chinese is boasting like Indians
LOL bluffer. Do you know Agni 3/4/5 Warhead weight? And weight /quatity of tested bombs?

And give me your fair estimation on devastating effect of our nukes on Ur financial hubs... Let's say 30 warheads detonated of low cheap yield of our bombs. Asusual you jump the gun and run into comparison

Let me break it down to you about our superiority!!!

Your ICBM with range 11,000km The DF-31 is China's newest road-mobile, solid-fuel ICBM developed by the 4th Aerospace Academy (now ARMT). The DF-31 has range of 8,000+ km, and can carry a single 1,000 kt warhead,

Our ICBM Agni 5 can carry 1.5-2 T of nuclear war head to 5000-8000 km. Now put 1000 km warhead and tweaks with flight trajectory.

And you DF26 with 3500km We have our Agni three with 3500km with more than 1 T warhead capable. Which is 2-2.5 T with operational range of 3000-5000km

Then you got is funny missile called The DF-21 is a two-stage, solid-fuel MRBM. With 500KT
With 1500km range. Weight 15 t

We have Agni 2/4 with 2000-3000 operational range with 1+ T warheads. Warhead speed exceeds 14-15 mach. It has ring gyroscope navigation which Ur DF21 don't .

Our missiles are made with larger mass warhead for more devastating effects.

Please don't rant my friend

Your Df 16 and rest is just a joke if you think our nukes are dum. Only thing you managed to out smart India is with Canister launch of Ur most popular 3 missiles and adding MIRV to them. Which we lag far far behind. Am sure once we successfully test one of the MIRV we will place them on our old missiles too and consiter them all . Note : I don't even spoke about Agni 2P / basically a Agni 2 missile but with advanced techniques and technology we can Fore them at 4000km. Now consider miniature of these variants and maximizing of these missiles or using these techniques with other missiles.

Our Agni 5 will undergo more upgrades with evolution in time. Will less weight booster motors and high efficiency propeller and unique software and navigation system we will have one the best in the world. Good luck with that China

Most probably!!! They said two customers for export. One could be India. We love to add more advanced radar intelligence day by day

LOL bluffer. Do you know Agni 3/4/5 Warhead weight? And weight /quatity of tested bombs?

And give me your fair estimation on devastating effect of our nukes on Ur financial hubs... Let's say 30 warheads detonated of low cheap yield of our bombs. Asusual you jump the gun and run into comparison

Let me break it down to you about our superiority!!!

Your ICBM with range 11,000km The DF-31 is China's newest road-mobile, solid-fuel ICBM developed by the 4th Aerospace Academy (now ARMT). The DF-31 has range of 8,000+ km, and can carry a single 1,000 kt warhead,

Our ICBM Agni 5 can carry 1.5-2 T of nuclear war head to 5000-8000 km. Now put 1000 km warhead and tweaks with flight trajectory.

And you DF26 with 3500km We have our Agni three with 3500km with more than 1 T warhead capable. Which is 2-2.5 T with operational range of 3000-5000km

Then you got is funny missile called The DF-21 is a two-stage, solid-fuel MRBM. With 500KT
With 1500km range. Weight 15 t

We have Agni 2/4 with 2000-3000 operational range with 1+ T warheads. Warhead speed exceeds 14-15 mach. It has ring gyroscope navigation which Ur DF21 don't .

Our missiles are made with larger mass warhead for more devastating effects.

Please don't rant my friend

Your Df 16 and rest is just a joke if you think our nukes are dum. Only thing you managed to out smart India is with Canister launch of Ur most popular 3 missiles and adding MIRV to them. Which we lag far far behind. Am sure once we successfully test one of the MIRV we will place them on our old missiles too and consiter them all . Note : I don't even spoke about Agni 2P / basically a Agni 2 missile but with advanced techniques and technology we can Fore them at 4000km. Now consider miniature of these variants and maximizing of these missiles or using these techniques with other missiles.

Our Agni 5 will undergo more upgrades with evolution in time. Will less weight booster motors and high efficiency propeller and unique software and navigation system we will have one the best in the world. Good luck with that China

How come Indians like to do selective comparison. Why ignore their DF-31A and DF-41 and just compare with older Chinese missiles what India is developing. And label an old Chinese system as their newest. No wonder many people think Indians are idiots, it's because you are an Indian. I'm glad I know Indian in real life instead of internet trolls like you.

Mr TrumpCard

Trump takes presidency on January 20..... every one knew he is anti-china.

US need partners to 'Contain China' it can be done by only one country in Asia.

India test fires Agni missiles ....Connect all dots. :enjoy:

That country in Asia would be Russia, not India. Trump is trying hard to improve relationships with Putin.

As for India, he already got his building in Mumbai. He will meet up with Indian leaders when he is ready for the next building.

Last edited:
Mr TrumpCard

Trump takes presidency on January 20..... every one knew he is anti-china.

US need partners to 'Contain China' it can be done by only one country in Asia.

India test fires Agni missiles ....Connect all dots. :enjoy:

Highly Unlikely, I see something bigger than just pleasing USA (like you said) or projecting power! I feel some new developments are enroute though i may be wrong!

Back
Top Bottom